PDA

View Full Version : Susan Atkins is dead

AlmostThere
09-25-2009, 06:42 AM
She is finally dead. She spent 37 years in prison for 9 murders while with the Manson family, finally dying a pretty bad death. I don't know, I think I could have let her die at home in bed. Anyone remember watching the TV coverage of Manson's trial? The image of his female followers with their shaved heads and self mutilation? I can't help but think that there was more to those murders than those followers of Manson just being evil.

Atkins paid a price that exceeds what a lot of murderers pay in terms of prison time. I don't know. I just don't think it would have hurt justice for the woman to die in her bed.

http://i37.tinypic.com/30ix4pc.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,555320,00.html?test=latestnews

ON EDIT:
I was curious as to what the average time a person is sentenced too for murder at the state level. As of 2004, the average sentence was 241 months, a little better than 20 years. The average sentence served was 147 months, about 12 and a 1/4 years. She served 37 years and then their was Manson's part as to why this happened.

Sonnabend
09-25-2009, 08:37 AM
I don't know, I think I could have let her die at home in bedBury her deep in an unmarked grave.

Rot in hell,you murdering bitch.

Atkins paid a price that exceeds what a lot of murderers pay in terms of prison time.

Her victims paid with their lives.

Were it up to me, I would have locked her in a room with the families of her victims...after handing them Mace, a baseball bat spiked with nails and a Glock with 50 rounds of ammo.

No compassion, no sorrow and no regrets.

FlaGator
09-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Bury her deep in an unmarked grave.

Were it up to me, I would have locked her in a room with the families of her victims...after handing them Mace, a baseball bat spiked with nails and a Glock with 50 rounds of ammo.

That is very sad. All the ills of the world can be summed up in that statement.

megimoo
09-25-2009, 09:33 AM

On the one hand you protest the abuse of the law for a father seeking revenge on a child molester and on the other you now advocate revenge and torture .I am confused as to the difference as both break the law and vengeance is vengeance .

Bongo55
09-25-2009, 10:21 AM
She is finally dead. She spent 37 years in prison for 9 murders while with the Manson family, finally dying a pretty bad death. I don't know, I think I could have let her die at home in bed. Anyone remember watching the TV coverage of Manson's trial? The image of his female followers with their shaved heads and self mutilation? I can't help but think that there was more to those murders than those followers of Manson just being evil.

Atkins paid a price that exceeds what a lot of murderers pay in terms of prison time. I don't know. I just don't think it would have hurt justice for the woman to die in her bed.

http://i37.tinypic.com/30ix4pc.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,555320,00.html?test=latestnews

ON EDIT:
I was curious as to what the average time a person is sentenced too for murder at the state level. As of 2004, the average sentence was 241 months, a little better than 20 years. The average sentence served was 147 months, about 12 and a 1/4 years. She served 37 years and then their was Manson's part as to why this happened.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I would like to ask you if you would still feel the same way if you were related to any of the victims. That by the way received no mercy what so ever.

Jumpy
09-25-2009, 05:42 PM
She had the luxury of being able to prepare for her death, unlike her victims... where death came unexpected.

Considering everything she took from her victims, life in prison was merciful, IMO.

One less parole hearing for the families. One down...

Megaguns91
09-25-2009, 06:20 PM

I like the way you think, sir.
I just wish they'd quit wasting taxing payor dollars to keep those bottom feeders in prison and start wasting them instead.

AlmostThere
09-25-2009, 06:21 PM
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I would like to ask you if you would still feel the same way if you were related to any of the victims. That by the way received no mercy what so ever.

She wasn't a child when she committed those murders with Manson. She was grown woman and should have known better. But I do think Manson had an extraordinary influence on his little band of murderers and there is no doubt in anyone's mind, that man is pure evil. Every biographical piece I've ever seen on Manson detailed the influence he was able to exert over practically everyone he came into contact with. And some of his little tribe were ripe for the picking.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe she was a budding homicidal maniac while in the glee club and church choir prior to her family disintegrating due to alcoholic parents. But this time I don't think so. Of course I think what they did was beyond horrific. It was unimaginable brutality. Maybe it's just me but I think they've all served a sentence worse than death. To be locked up in a cage like an animal for decades, I would beg for death instead. I think she paid the full ticket. I would have let her die outside her cage. As far as Charlie, I sincerely hope he lives a long, long life.

AlmostThere
09-25-2009, 06:49 PM
I like the way you think, sir.
I just wish they'd quit wasting taxing payor dollars to keep those bottom feeders in prison and start wasting them instead.

I get the impression you are a relatively young man. Maybe late teens, early twenties. Maybe I'm way off, who knows. But if I'm not, there is a thought that will most assuredly cross your mind when you are a good bit older but I'm going to share it with you now. I'm not a religious man by any stretch. Not even close so please excuse the religious reference if you are likewise.

It probably won't be some murderer, or rapist or really evil dude like Manson, but you'll look at someone whose made some really bad mistakes in their life and you'll think, "There but for the grace of God, go I."

Betcha.

AlmostThere
09-25-2009, 07:16 PM

None of the Manson family have received any mercy. Mercy would have been if they had been executed. That would have been merciful.

I'm not for every killer being allowed to die in the comfort of their own bed. Far, far from it. I have no idea how I would feel if Susan Atkins had killed one of my family 40 years ago. I know what I hope I would feel in this particular case but I'd be lying if I said I know what I'd feel with absolute certainty. I pray I never know with absolute certainty how I'd feel in that situation.

Megaguns91
09-25-2009, 07:22 PM
I get the impression you are a relatively young man. Maybe late teens, early twenties. Maybe I'm way off, who knows. But if I'm not, there is a thought that will most assuredly cross your mind when you are a good bit older but I'm going to share it with you now. I'm not a religious man by any stretch. Not even close so please excuse the religious reference if you are likewise.

It probably won't be some murderer, or rapist or really evil dude like Manson, but you'll look at someone whose made some really bad mistakes in their life and you'll think, "There but for the grace of God, go I."

Betcha.

I'm a young lady, late teens. I grew up in a town of rapists, child molestors, drug addicts and welfare mongers. My father was a prison guard at one of the highest security prisons on the west coast. And you're correct. I have looked upon someone with pity who has made mistakes in their life. Horrible mistakes. For the most part, though, I think that the most of people who have had a second chance shat all over it. Mercy can only be granted through the eyes of God, sure. I'm not out to judge everyone. But child molestors, rapists and cultist murderers? Yeah. I draw the line there.

Let Susan Atkins rot.

Bongo55
09-25-2009, 08:46 PM
None of the Manson family have received any mercy. Mercy would have been if they had been executed. That would have been merciful.

I'm not for every killer being allowed to die in the comfort of their own bed. Far, far from it. I have no idea how I would feel if Susan Atkins had killed one of my family 40 years ago. I know what I hope I would feel in this particular case but I'd be lying if I said I know what I'd feel with absolute certainty. I pray I never know with absolute certainty how I'd feel in that situation.

Agreed, it was most certainly a tragic episode even for the killers. The fact that all but Charlie seem to have found religion in prison would show they at least attempted to come to terms with their actions all those years ago.

I too would have preferred death to all that time in a cage.

What I find strange is this:

I grew up in 70's and came of age in the early 80's And I would say I used my fair share of drugs and alcohol in my youth, but the furthest thing from my mind ever was to harm anyone with out cause. it is hard to see how they got there.

Teetop
09-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Karma's a bitch, Bitch.

NJCardFan
09-26-2009, 02:05 AM

If I remember correctly, and this came from Atkins' own mouth, when Sharon Tate begged her for mercy for her unborn child, Atkins replied, "You'll get no mercy from me, bitch." This girl not only murdered a young mother but an unborn child as well. I show mercy and compassion for Sharon Tate and child, Abigail Folger, Steve Parent, Wojciech Frykowski, Jay Sebring, Rosemary & Leno LaBianca. Atlkins, Watson, Krenwinckle, and Manson all can burn in hell.

AlmostThere
09-26-2009, 07:57 AM
I'm a young lady, late teens. I grew up in a town of rapists, child molestors, drug addicts and welfare mongers. My father was a prison guard at one of the highest security prisons on the west coast. And you're correct. I have looked upon someone with pity who has made mistakes in their life. Horrible mistakes. For the most part, though, I think that the most of people who have had a second chance shat all over it. Mercy can only be granted through the eyes of God, sure. I'm not out to judge everyone. But child molestors, rapists and cultist murderers? Yeah. I draw the line there.

Let Susan Atkins rot.

Sorry about the gender reference, no slight intended. Don't get me wrong, I'm no bleeding heart liberal. Liberal friends I know would fall on the floor laughing at the very thought. I wasn't 18 yet when Nixon ran as a law and order president but if I had been I would have voted for him if for no other reason than that position. I haven't changed my mind on the subject since.

Let's put Susan Atkins, Charlie Manson, murderers, rapists, cult murderers aside. I'm just talking about us looking in the mirror and being OK with who we see looking back. My reference to "There but the grace of God, go I", had nothing to do with Atkins or Manson or any specific event. It's just something I believe people recognize as they grow older. If I may share one FINAL, I promise, thought on growing older. When you are young it is practically impossible to see things in terms other than black and white. I'm sure you realize I'm talking about stark contrast not racial.

A while back I got into using Photoshop. One thing I learned was that between white and black there are actually 256 shades of gray.

As you get older I'll bet you'll look at things that you thought were easily black or white and think maybe, just maybe, it was one of those many shades of gray instead. And in my humble opinion, that isn't a bad thing.

My soapbox is retired.

AmPat
09-26-2009, 02:30 PM
As a believer in a final judgement, she has to answer a far wiser judge than I. She cannot atone for her sins but somebody else did. She has a very long eternity to explain her actions.

Sonnabend
09-26-2009, 09:59 PM
On the one hand you protest the abuse of the law for a father seeking revenge on a child molester

Vigilantes got it wrong,. He wasnt a molestor, he had never touched the child.

Vigilantes always get it wrong.

and on the other you now advocate revenge and torture

Simple justice at the hands of the people whose lives and souls she destroyed.

Sonnabend
09-26-2009, 10:00 PM
That is very sad. All the ills of the world can be summed up in that statement.

My compassion and sorrow is reserved for the families and the victims of her murderous rampage.

Rockntractor
09-26-2009, 10:57 PM
My compassion and sorrow is reserved for the families and the victims of her murderous rampage.
And that is exactly where it should be.

Elspeth
09-27-2009, 08:46 PM
I am going to heartlessly add that these people have cost California a fortune over the years.

noonwitch
09-28-2009, 08:59 AM
She was given far more mercy than she gave to her victims. I'm glad that the CA prison system didn't give her a release to die at home. She sacrificed that comfort when she participated in murders.

But she was given comfort in the prison, which is a good thing and speaks highly of those who work there.