PDA

View Full Version : Frightening Friday

linda22003
09-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Cool and rainy in the DC area today.

TOTD: Last night we saw "30 Days of Night", a 2007 film about vampires in Alaska. Good story premise; a town so far north that in winter there is almost no daylight, so vampires have plenty of time to feed before having to hide from the sun. They weren't your Bela Lugosi white tie and tails vampires, either, but street-gang throat-ripping vampires. The kind I would definitely believe in.

What are your favorite movie monsters? Which ones do you believe could actually be real?

PoliCon
09-25-2009, 09:30 AM

TOTD: Last night we saw "30 Days of Night", a 2007 film about vampires in Alaska. Good story premise; a town so far north that in winter there is almost no daylight, so vampires have plenty of time to feed before having to hide from the sun. They weren't your Bela Lugosi white tie and tails vampires, either, but street-gang throat-ripping vampires. The kind I would definitely believe in.

What are your favorite movie monsters? Which ones do you believe could actually be real?

TOTD: Werewolves scare the crap out of me . . . .

linda22003
09-25-2009, 09:33 AM
TOTD: Werewolves scare the crap out of me . . . .

Meh. I've dated worse.

Gingersnap
09-25-2009, 09:38 AM
It's cool and rainy here - snowing in the high country - but the weekend should be better with highs in the low 70s.

I saw that movie. I liked the vampires but the idea that a town would be utterly cutoff from any communication in this day age struck me as improbable.

TOTD: Demonic possession. I totally believe it can happen and the idea is utterly creepy to me. 'The Exorcist' still scares me.

I like to suspend disbelief in spooks and haunts during October, also. :D

linda22003
09-25-2009, 09:39 AM
It's cool and rainy here - snowing in the high country - but the weekend should be better with highs in the low 70s.

I saw that movie. I liked the vampires but the idea that a town would be utterly cutoff from any communication in this day age struck me as improbable.

TOTD: Demonic possession. I totally believe it can happen and the idea is utterly creepy to me. 'The Exorcist' still scares me.

Ginger, that was my issue with the movie, too. A lot of people left town to avoid the 30 days of darkness; they never tried to get in touch with anyone back home during that month? No one noticed communications there were down? :rolleyes:

PoliCon
09-25-2009, 09:39 AM

I've had more than my share of experience with the demonic.

Gingersnap
09-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I've had more than my share of experience with the demonic.

Some of that experience no doubt happened on this very board. :p

Seriously, the idea of demonic activity is terrifying to me. Zombies, swamp creatures, vampires.....not so much.

PoliCon
09-25-2009, 11:14 AM

Seriously, the idea of demonic activity is terrifying to me. Zombies, swamp creatures, vampires.....not so much.

Well there has been some pretty bad stuff here . . . ;) Seriously though - I've been face to face more than once with full on possessed people. Most of the time on public transportation actually.

linda22003
09-25-2009, 11:17 AM
I've been face to face more than once with full on possessed people. Most of the time on public transportation actually.

On the bus or subway, who hasn't???

BSR
09-25-2009, 11:18 AM

You'll be singing a different tune when the Zombies come, I tell you what..

linda22003
09-25-2009, 11:23 AM

She can be blase' as long as red pandas aren't involved. Then.... it's pretty much over.

PoliCon
09-25-2009, 11:24 AM

We have a problem with them here in Pittsburgh right now . . . of course they are calling them G20 protesters and not zombies . . . .but there is about the same amount of mental activity . . . .

Megaguns91
09-25-2009, 11:36 AM

That werewolf boy from Twilight is good lookin' :D

Gingersnap
09-25-2009, 11:42 AM
She can be blase' as long as red pandas aren't involved. Then.... it's pretty much over.

Too true.

http://i38.tinypic.com/jb3e4o.jpg

FlaGator
09-25-2009, 11:59 AM

I have an AR15 and plenty of ammo. I'm ready for Zombie time.

BSR
09-25-2009, 12:09 PM
I have an AR15 and plenty of ammo. I'm ready for Zombie time.

A man that understands the danger. When Zombie hour reaches us, I will be making my way to FlaGator's house.

Shannon
09-25-2009, 08:16 PM
I've just barely made it through one of the most aggravating weeks of my life. I'm a cynical bitch for a reason.

TOTD: I'm with Ginger on the demonic posession thing. On a side note: Zombieland looks hilarious.

RobJohnson
09-25-2009, 10:50 PM
It was so busy at work today, it felt like I was falling off a cliff. I took my first & only break after 6 1/2 hours.

Gingersnap
09-25-2009, 11:02 PM
I've just barely made it through one of the most aggravating weeks of my life. I'm a cynical bitch for a reason.

TOTD: I'm with Ginger on the demonic posession thing. On a side note: Zombieland looks hilarious.

You and I both know that while a slug will take out most monsters and a large number of vampires or werewolves (if silver), you can do nothing about a demonic co-worker. Nothing legal, I mean. ;)