PDA

View Full Version : Crybaby Dem Tries To Oust Fox From Gym.

Gingersnap
09-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Democratic gym patron declares war on Fox News
She wants channel off TVs in exercise room

By Larry Carson | larry.carson@baltsun.com

September 25, 2009

Ann Geddes doesn't want a "fair and balanced" workout. But the 49-year-old worker for a nonprofit agency is having no luck getting the channel changed in front of her favorite rowing machine at a Columbia gym.

The television happens to be tuned permanently to Fox News. Geddes, a liberal Democrat and former legislative aide to a Howard County delegate, said she can't stomach the conservative lineup that appears nightly as she gets her exercise. Even though the sound is off, the words scrolling across the bottom of the screen infuriate her.

"It makes my blood pressure go up," she said.

Befitting the democratic (with a small "d") pedigree of a planned community founded on the principle of races and classes living side by side, Geddes has taken her complaint up the chain of command, from the attendant at the gym run by the Columbia Association to the new president of the giant homeowners' group.

She's had no success. Now she's going public.

Columbia Association officials say they won't heed Geddes' request to remove Fox from the cable lineup. In order to provide choices and eliminate squabbling among patrons, they say that every gym monitor is tuned to a particular station and can't be changed. Of the 40 large-screen televisions in the general exercise rooms in Columbia's three gyms, three are set to receive Fox.

"There is no way that we can stop showing one channel because of one person," said Phil Nelson, the president of the homeowner's group, in a written response to Geddes' request.

(snip)

Geddes said she's feeling brushed off and doesn't accept the explanation from association officials that Fox is the highest-rated cable news channel. She says that can't be the case in liberal-leaning Columbia, and she insists she is not giving up.

"When it became really upsetting to me was this summer with all the town hall meetings," she said. "I literally just close my eyes, but the problem I have frankly is, I see out of the corner of my eye. You can't help peeking," she said.

Freedom lovers might want to drop management a line and congratulate them for holding the line against this whiny Dem.

Baltimore Sun (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/bal-md.ho.columbia25sep25,0,3749654.story)

megimoo
09-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Freedom lovers might want to drop management a line and congratulate them for holding the line against this whiny Dem.

Baltimore Sun (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/bal-md.ho.columbia25sep25,0,3749654.story)
The whole world rises and sets on her liberal butt !

Zathras
09-25-2009, 01:51 PM
two questions.....What's her DU name and how long before we see a bouncy about this story?

PoliCon
09-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Typical leftist. She doesn't want it so everyone else MUST conform to what she wants because she knows best.

Megaguns91
09-25-2009, 02:05 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UcrMJe5LxmI/SbPfIegSFkI/AAAAAAAAIB8/1cxaU5Dz_fM/s400/Liberal_Brain.jpg

take note of the receptors in the liberal brain directed towards media.

Gingersnap
09-25-2009, 02:20 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UcrMJe5LxmI/SbPfIegSFkI/AAAAAAAAIB8/1cxaU5Dz_fM/s400/Liberal_Brain.jpg

take note of the receptors in the liberal brain directed towards media.

LOL! :D

SarasotaRepub
09-25-2009, 07:24 PM
She must be a DU member...

Of the 40 large-screen televisions in the general exercise rooms in Columbia's three gyms, three are set to receive Fox.

Cry me a fucking river nitwit. You're a whiny liberal attention whore and nothing else.
:rolleyes::D Sorry dumbass, but the world doesn't revolve around your pointy widdle head.

Moron.

SaintLouieWoman
09-25-2009, 11:13 PM
The orthopaedic surgeon always has CNN running on the set in the waiting room. I don't whine to the nurses to change it.

AmPat
09-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Can i get BSNBC off the army hospital channels? How about the Communist News Networkl? May I suggest the legacy ABC, CBS, NBC,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Oh heck, let's just include AP and all the rest of the lying liberal scumbag media. Newspapers and magazines as well.

Like how that plays out you DIMwitted liberal idiot?:cool:

CueSi
09-28-2009, 02:05 AM
The TV's where I work out play CNN. Only two screens there . You get 40. Suck it up, lady.

~QC

NJCardFan
09-28-2009, 06:01 AM
The orthopaedic surgeon always has CNN running on the set in the waiting room. I don't whine to the nurses to change it.

So does about every airport in the country. But it's OK because when it's liberal, it's always acceptable.

Geddes said she's feeling brushed off and doesn't accept the explanation from association officials that Fox is the highest-rated cable news channel. She says that can't be the case in liberal-leaning Columbia, and she insists she is not giving up.

This is so typical of these people. They just can't fathom that there are actually views and opinions that differ theirs. This reminds me of something Bernard Goldberg wrote in Bias when he heard Pauline Kael say that she didn't understand how Nixon could have beaten McGovern because she didn't know anyone who voted for him...even though Nixon won 49 of the 50 states.

PoliCon
09-28-2009, 09:49 AM
So does about every airport in the country. But it's OK because when it's liberal, it's always acceptable.

Remember - they know best. They know best what we should watch - think - do - how we should best spend our money . . . .

blueyonder
09-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Unfortunately liberals are pulling this in many area. Remember when the left whined about the military playing FOX? My daughter works in a bank that plays FOX all day.......some of the customer have hissy fits about it.
With liberals it is there way or no way. I am now of the opinion that I will not budge an inch...Don't like is, tough!

JackKetch
10-15-2009, 10:16 AM
I dislike any television in public spaces myself because it forces us all to be confronted with something we didn't agree to watch. Sports bars are an obvious exception since people go there to watch sports. But the encroachment of tv into airports, doctor's waiting rooms, gyms, restaurants, etc., is irritating. It's also mind control in that we're being pitched social and political messages and told what products to buy and we're usually not allowed to change the channel or turn off the tv. Makes me wonder if businesses are being paid to have televisions set on a certain station. Does anybody know if that's the case?