PDA

View Full Version : Hunting for Iran's secret nuclear plant near Qum on Google Earth

megimoo
09-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Hunting for Iran's secret nuclear plant near Qum on Google Earth

Iran's nuclear program is again making the news cycles after the country admitted this week that it has built a second nuclear fuel processing plant, to complement the one at Natanz.

According to the New York Times, the admission by Iran came after it learned that western intelligence agencies knew of its existence, and indeed the US, UK and French leaders were just now on TV to accuse Iran of having concealed the plant from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) for all the years it was under construction.

The New York Times has US government sources situating the new plant "inside a mountain near the ancient city of Qum," and that alas is the most detail we can glean right now from public news sources.

Might it be enough to find this new plant in Google Earth, however? Not with certainty, but one place in particular looks like a very strong candidate. I'll explain how I found it, you decide how likely it is to be the right place.

"Let the arrowhead be your guide !"

http://www.ogleearth.com/2009/09/hunting_for_ira.html

stsinner
09-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Just how is that pronounced? :D

megimoo
09-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Just how is that pronounced? :DWith a capital 'C' !

noonwitch
09-25-2009, 01:09 PM
If google can find the place, I'm sure the Moussad has known it's location for a while.

megimoo
09-25-2009, 05:19 PM
If google can find the place, I'm sure the Moussad has known it's location for a while.Where do you think Google got it ?