PDA

View Full Version : Substitute Saturday

Rockntractor
09-26-2009, 01:13 AM
My dear friend poli is out playing today so I'll fill in for him.
High of 84 and sunny. I have a fairly large order of rock to fill, it came without any warning and most of my rocky areas are to wet to get into, this will be fun

TOTD: I'm a sausage lover when I grew up in Minnesota there were butcher shops everywhere. A lot of Swedes, Germans and other Europeans settled in Minnesota. I like Summer Sausage, Landjaegers Swedish potato sausage and a lot more.
In Tulsa we are extremely limited on sausage. I have to drive to Yoder Kansas up by Hutchinson to stock up every once in awhile. What is your favorite sausage?

RobJohnson
09-26-2009, 01:19 AM
I have no real plans for the weekend. There are a few things going on in town, it's fall festival weekend & there is a rodeo. I keep hearing about "Indian" tacos that a vendor sells....I did not try them last year, but not I think I should this year...you only live once!

TOTD: Where I lived in Illinois there were many places that made their own sausage and brats. A friend & his family owns a fresh packing house/market & had about 50 flavors of brats! Potato sausage is awesome, friends always had blood sausage at Christmas, but I would never try it...too gross for me!

Here in the desert, sausage is all pre-packed with names like Hormell & Johnsonville...it's not the same!

On pizza I like crumbled sausage that is rich in fenel seeds...good stuff. It's not available on pizza here in my city, and I think I need to open my own place. :)

Rockntractor
09-26-2009, 01:23 AM
I have no real plans for the weekend. There are a few things going on in town, it's fall festival weekend & there is a rodeo. I keep hearing about "Indian" tacos that a vendor sells....I did not try them last year, but not I think I should this year...you only live once!

TOTD: Where I lived in Illinois there were many places that made their own sausage and brats. A friend & his family owns a fresh packing house/market & had about 50 flavors of brats! Potato sausage is awesome, friends always had blood sausage at Christmas, but I would never try it...too gross for me!

Here in the desert, sausage is all pre-packed with names like Hormell & Johnsonville...it's not the same!

On pizza I like crumbled sausage that is rich in fenel seeds...good stuff. It's not available on pizza here in my city, and I think I need to open my own place. :)

That is one kind we do have in Tulsa. We have lot's of Italians in Oklahoma more so in McAllister but their sausage makes it here. Delicious!

Rockntractor
09-26-2009, 10:15 AM
I better dig this back up before it gets buried and Shannon yells at me!

RobJohnson
09-26-2009, 01:01 PM
The highway is closed due to the Fall Festival Parade. I'm going to cruise up in the golf cart to see what I'm missing!

http://pahrumpfestival.biz/images/stories/glory_riders_flag.jpg

Megaguns91
09-26-2009, 04:24 PM
It's a mild, fall day here. Some sun. sitting on the porch with my feline friend in my lap sipping on some coffee. The only kind of "sausage" that I can stand are hebrew national hotdogs on the barbque. I could eat those all day.

Gingersnap
09-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Today was excellent and we got a lot of garden clean-up done and some not-too-shabby fishing in. This perfect early fall weather won't last.

TOTD: I'm a braunschweiger fan but I love a good homemade venison sausage. ;)

Rockntractor
09-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Today was excellent and we got a lot of garden clean-up done and some not-too-shabby fishing in. This perfect early fall weather won't last.

TOTD: I'm a braunschweiger fan but I love a good homemade venison sausage. ;)
Good sausage is one of the finer things
in life.

Shannon
09-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I had an exhausting day. I'm going to collapse on the couch with my favorite cat and read Beck's new book.

TOTD: I have no idea.

Rockntractor
09-26-2009, 10:47 PM
I had an exhausting day. I'm going to collapse on the couch with my favorite cat and read Beck's new book.

TOTD: I have no idea.

I pictured you as a slim Jim kind of girl.

Gingersnap
09-26-2009, 11:04 PM
I pictured you as a slim Jim kind of girl.

Dude, that's not even real food, let alone real sausage.

Bubba Dawg
09-26-2009, 11:06 PM
I like Slim Jims. With cheese.

I love any kind of sausage.

Gingersnap
09-26-2009, 11:10 PM
I like Slim Jims. With cheese.

I love any kind of sausage.

Slim Jims are the go-to food of choice for all crystal meth users. When they bother to eat.

Rockntractor
09-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Slim Jims are the go-to food of choice for all crystal meth users. When they bother to eat.

But they are loaded with fat and nitrates for a fast sausage fix. I make real good home made ones!

Bubba Dawg
09-26-2009, 11:31 PM
But they are loaded with fat and nitrates for a fast sausage fix. I make real good home made ones!

You know how to make home-made Slim Jims?

I am in awe of you.......:)

Rockntractor
09-26-2009, 11:34 PM
You know how to make home-made Slim Jims?

I am in awe of you.......:)

I canned a bunch of them after drying them for survival food. You can make several different flavors. Cabelas has got the best jerky and slim Jim gun. I have worn out several others!

RobJohnson
09-27-2009, 02:39 AM
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs269.snc1/9628_1164616071961_1124659021_30546344_6538803_n.j pg

Nice night for a rodeo in the heart of the Old West.