PDA

View Full Version : Obama is going to Copenhagen

AlmostThere
09-28-2009, 05:33 PM
With all the shit going on in the country right now, our dear leader thinks the best use of his time is going to Copenhagen with with his wife to try and get the Olympics here in 7 YEARS? Somebody PLEASE change the locks while he's gone!

linda22003
09-28-2009, 06:22 PM
I LOVE Copenhagen. Great city. :D

JB
09-28-2009, 06:37 PM
He's not stupid, just looking down the line.

He probably figures he won't get EFCA. He has to get the olympics so the building trades, service and industry trades, hotel and restaurant union, the teamsters, etc. etc. can gouge the city, state, federal government, and every visitor and tourist of every last scheckle they have. This way there won't be any dissent come 2012.

Rockntractor
09-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Oh I get it. I thought he had quit smoking and taken up chew!

Teetop
09-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Maybe, the morons will love him so much, they will keep him?! :rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
09-28-2009, 09:53 PM
It's a good way to tour with the wife and entourage yet another touristy spot they haven't visited yet. Wonder how many he'll take with him this time?

I think this really is ticking people off. Heard the guy in the next cubicle talking to a friend about this very matter. Both apparently were totally angry about this boondoggle.

If he doesn't have time to make up his mind about following the field commanders request for more troops, how does he have time to do the salesman thing for the Olympic. Note that he's the first president who has done this.

Has he considered what a slap it will be if they pick Rio?

Gingersnap
09-28-2009, 10:07 PM
With all the shit going on in the country right now, our dear leader thinks the best use of his time is going to Copenhagen with with his wife to try and get the Olympics here in 7 YEARS? Somebody PLEASE change the locks while he's gone!

Colorado was up for the winter Olympics back in the day. Then Governor Lamm squashed the effort and rightly so. The Olympics would have been a short-term bonus and a long-term headache for Colorado at that point in time. Of course, Colorado would have actually paid the bills and wouldn't have had to deal with unions.

Chicago can't pay the bills and would have to deal with unions.

ralph wiggum
09-28-2009, 10:14 PM
It's a good way to tour with the wife and entourage yet another touristy spot they haven't visited yet. Wonder how many he'll take with him this time?

I think this really is ticking people off. Heard the guy in the next cubicle talking to a friend about this very matter. Both apparently were totally angry about this boondoggle.

If he doesn't have time to make up his mind about following the field commanders request for more troops, how does he have time to do the salesman thing for the Olympic. Note that he's the first president who has done this.

Has he considered what a slap it will be if they pick Rio?

http://www.chicagoansforrio.com

:D

Edit - it appears the site has nothing on it...it did earlier today.

lacarnut
09-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Maybe, the morons will love him so much, they will keep him?! :rolleyes:

He could get Wellstoned.

AlmostThere
09-29-2009, 11:25 AM
I got to thinking about Band of Brothers. When things got tough, I think it was Lt. Dike who always had to run off somewhere for some bullshit meeting or he just couldn't lead when he was there. Kind of like Obama. Problem is I don't think we have a Speirs to relieve him. :(