PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any experience with Geo Caching?

stsinner
09-28-2009, 08:33 PM
My wife really wants to get into Geo Caching after learning about it last night on TV... Anyone got any experience with it?

Rockntractor
09-28-2009, 09:07 PM
I have a Geo but I don't drive it much. never had to catch it though!

Bubba Dawg
09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
I have a Geo but I don't drive it much. never had to catch it though!

Dude. If you did catch it, you wouldn't know what to do with it.

Bubba Dawg
09-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Seriously, I knew someone who did this with orienteering knowledge and they had a blast with it.

Find the cache, ink the stamp, add it to your book, etc.

Rockntractor
09-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Dude. If you did catch it, you wouldn't know what to do with it.
Right now it isn't going anywhere it has a small hole in the gas tank and needs a thermostatic switch for the radiator fan.

Bubba Dawg
09-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Right now it isn't going anywhere it has a small hole in the gas tank and needs a thermostatic switch for the radiator fan.

We used to throw the thermostat away when it went bad.

Cars were different then.

Rockntractor
09-28-2009, 09:41 PM
We used to throw the thermostat away when it went bad.

Cars were different then.

This one has an electric radiator fan that is controlled by a thermostat. I have to hot wire the fan so it's on all the time when I drive it.

Teetop
09-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Learn coordinates and learn to read a map, the right side up.:rolleyes:

Bubba Dawg
09-28-2009, 09:44 PM
This one has an electric radiator fan that is controlled by a thermostat. I have to hot wire the fan so it's on all the time when I drive it.

The only disadvantage to that seems to be that it would wear out the fan motor sooner. It's an old car so, who cares?

Hot wire it, Noble Mon.

Bubba Dawg
09-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Learn coordinates and learn to read a map, the right side up.:rolleyes:

There was an orienteering team at my college. Cool but I worked so I didn't have time.

I talked to a guy who went through a course in orienteering in Panama. He was a sniper and they used GPS. One of his targets was several feet up a tree. He was one of the few who found it in that group.

Amazing.

Teetop
09-28-2009, 10:11 PM
There was an orienteering team at my college. Cool but I worked so I didn't have time.

I talked to a guy who went through a course in orienteering in Panama. He was a sniper and they used GPS. One of his targets was several feet up a tree. He was one of the few who found it in that group.

Amazing.

When I was in Germany, the term, "GPS" was classified.:rolleyes:

I was taught all kinds of things in the Air Force...

Constitutionally Speaking
09-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Just last week - when I was up fishing - I accidently came across one of the caches. That is about as much experience as I have with them. Other than reading about it.

stsinner
09-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Just last week - when I was up fishing - I accidently came across one of the caches. That is about as much experience as I have with them. Other than reading about it.

Oh, my wife is like a crack addict with it now!!! She was up until the wee hours last night researching it online, ording the material to make a family stamp, looking up clues to caches in our area.... She's always loves treasure hunts and makes them for the kids.. She's furious in a funny kind of way that I've known about this for years but never mentioned it to her! All that lost time, she says!! LOL...