PDA

View Full Version : Racist bigotry at the White Democratic Underground

ErikNikolai
09-29-2009, 05:49 AM
The American Spectator just ran an article called "Democratic Underground Posts Racist Comments on GOP Candidate (http://spectator.org/blog/2009/09/28/democratic-underground-posts-r)."

There they go again. Isaac Hayes (no, not that one, who, alas, has left us) is running for Congress in Chicago. Mr. Hayes is actually the Rev. Isaac Hayes, and you can learn more about him from his website.

So a man runs for Congress, what's the big deal? The big deal is the reaction to Rev. Hayes' announcement from Democrats. Rev. Hayes, you see, is not just a Republican. No, no. Bad as that may be, Rev. Hayes is…gasp!…a black man! Yes! A black man, a Republican who is black! On top of which he has the audacity to challenge Illinois Congressman Jesse Jackson.

So what's the big deal? Well, in the ongoing discussion of how Democrats race pimp on a perpetual basis, you have but to check in over with the Democratic Underground. Invoking our rule that every progressive man, woman or group who insists on judging people by the color of their skin will likewise be represented, here's the link to the White Democratic Underground, the web klavern where progressives go to don the hoods of their long heritage.

Take especial note of the comments about Rev. Hayes here. Is Hayes being taken to task here on issues like, say health care? Afghanistan strategy? Naaaaaaah. What are, you crazy? The White Democratic Underground (or White DU) has focused on -- what do you think? Race, but of course. Rev. Hayes is mocked as an "Oreo," a "black guy," "Chocolate Salty Balls," while another White DU'er is relieved they live in "the Southern part of the state" -- apparently so he or she doesn't have to face a choice between Jackson and Hayes, African-Americans both.

Post-racial society? Not where the hoods are hung on the website of the Klavern that is the White Democratic Underground.

Here's the DU thread. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8673085#8673118)

PoliCon
09-29-2009, 06:10 AM
exposed :)

Dan D. Doty
09-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Somebody just got served :D

SarasotaRepub
09-29-2009, 07:34 AM
The White DU...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D

djones520
09-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Anyone mind posting some of the DU stuff for those of us who are firewall impaired?

movie buff
09-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Oh yeah!
About time someone took those racist hypocrites to task!

BadCat
09-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Anyone mind posting some of the DU stuff for those of us who are firewall impaired?

Sure thing buddy...

Here's the OP...

wndycty Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Sep-27-09 08:37 PM
Original message
LOL the Illinois GOP is running Isaac Hayes (not chef) against Jesse Jackson Jr.

Am I wrong to be cynical about this guy's name just happening to be Isaac Hayes? LOL

Prepared Remarks of Candidate Isaac Hayes

Cook County GOP 2009 Convention

Chicago, Illinois
September 25, 2009

Isaac Hayes: Good evening. I am here tonight to announce my intention to seek the Republican nomination for U.S. House of Representatives in Illinois’ 2nd Congressional District.

My story is an American story. . . As a young boy growing up on the South Side of Chicago I had the pain and privilege of life in the 'hood. Pain, because I’ve seen the disadvantage, despair and death that poverty creates and privilege, because I’ve seen the power of the human will to succeed despite the most discouraging conditions.

It is both this pain and privilege that has brought me before you tonight. You see, while we may come from slightly different backgrounds and have lived in different parts of town, our commitment to family, fairness and freedom is what binds us together in an unbreakable bond as Republicans and as Americans.

Many people have asked the question, “Why do you want to be a Congressman?” Two words – STOPPING CORRUPTION. For the past sixteen years corruption has stymied economic development in Illinois’ 2nd District. First, Mel Reynolds was convicted of sexual assault of a minor, and his replacement – A.K.A. Senate Candidate No. 5, Jesse Jackson Jr. – tried to buy President Obama’s former U.S. Senate Seat.

And a national liberal group called Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Congress last week gave Jesse Jackson Jr. the distinction of being one of Congress’s “most corrupt” members. It's like something you'd see in an organized crime film.

President Ronald Regan once said, “There is sin and evil in the world. And we're enjoined by Scripture and the Lord Jesus to oppose it with all our might.”

The president was talking about the Soviet Union, the Evil Empire, but he may as well have been talking about the South Side of Chicago.

My solution to sixteen years of corruption and fourteen years of failure is very simple; give parents more choices, give businesses less taxes, give entrepreneurs less barriers, and give pay-to-play politics the boot.

The August 26th issue of Wall Street Journal highlighted the tremendous disparity in the SAT scores across this nation. In Reading, Math and Writing, African Americans were at the bottom. Some will blame racism and culturally insensitive exams, yet Asians scored the highest in Math and Writing. So racism is not the problem.

Others will blame school funding, yet Chicago Public Schools receive more money per pupil than Naperville School District 203 but score 8 points less on the ACT. So school funding is not the problem.

http://isaac4honesty.com

And a few selected replies...

Arkana Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Sep-28-09 02:47 AM
Response to Reply #15
17. "Hello there, children! How would you like to suck on my Chocolate Salty Balls?"

southernyankeebelle (560 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Sep-27-09 09:01 PM
Response to Original message
8. Another Oreo running for the GOP

JaneQPublic Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Sep-27-09 09:34 PM
10. I hear he's a bad muthah f... Watch yo mouth! (nt)

muntrv Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Sep-27-09 10:37 PM
11. That Shaft he's one bad mutha....SHUT YO' MOUTH!.

rebel with a cause Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Sep-28-09 12:45 AM
13. I am glad I am in the Southern part of the state when I hear these things.

It makes my brain hurt. We just have small time crooks in our political races. Well, a couple of them have gotten pretty crooked over the years, but I usually didn't find out about it until they were in jail or dead. It doesn't make me any difference anyway. Since Clinton was persecuted by newt and his bunch, and then bush ran the country into the ground with his wild bunch, so now I will just vote Democratic until I decide to go green.

As far as name recognition, I think Jesse Jackson has as much of that as Issac Hayes.

FVZA_Colonel Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Sep-28-09 02:12 AM
16. You have to admit, it wouldn't be beyond them to think they could run a guy who's been dead
for a year or two.

djones520
09-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks BC.

NJCardFan
09-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Don't you people know that being black is an ideology and not a skin color? Want a glaring example? When Colin Powell was Sec. of State under Bush, he was called everything in the book, more specifically, a "house negro" by Harry Bellafonte. Then he backs Obama and, bam, he's black again. See the difference?

Carol
09-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Here's another.
Brother Buzz (1000+ posts)
15. Rev. Isaac C. Hayes

They are going after the conservative black religious vote. Conservative AA churches are fast to jump on wedge issues; gay rights, protect of marriage. Homophobia will be used to attempt to hijack the black vote.

Black pulpits are often for sale to the highest bidder and Black Christians are quite possibly being sold to the GOP under the guise of protecting America's moral values. With claims that gays are hijacking the civil rights movement and Martin Luther King Jr.'s message

Few remember, that there were significant members of the Black church including the National Baptist Convention led by Dr. J.H. Jackson in the 50's that vehemently opposed the civil rights movement and didn't want progressive ministers like Dr. King to have any confrontations with the government. So much so, that was one of the major factors in Dr. King's decision to create the Southern Christian Leadership Conference along with Los Angeles ministers Reverend James Lawson and the late Dr. Thomas Kilgore.

These Black pastors who have aligned themselves with white Christian evangelicals and Conservatives, are the ideological descendants of the same people who opposed Dr. King in the 50's but today want to claim his message as their own in the name of protecting the institution of marriage, thereby giving new meaning to the name "Uncle Tom."

CueSi
09-30-2009, 01:41 AM
"Black Pulpits on Sale to the Highest bidder".

HA! They should know. They've turned so many black churches into their personal vote brothels it's not even funny.

~QC