PDA

View Full Version : Senate Finance Committee rejects health reform public option

bijou
09-29-2009, 03:42 PM
The Senate Finance Committee on Tuesday voted down a measure to add a government-sponsored plan to the health insurance reform bill working its way through Congress, the Associated Press reported.

The measure, introduced by Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., failed by a 15-to-8 vote, according to the story. ...

http://cincinnati.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2009/09/28/daily23.html

BadCat
09-29-2009, 03:57 PM
And let the wailing and hate begin...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=4082763&mesg_id=4082878

Zorra Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Sep-29-09 03:42 PM
Response to Reply #1
28. "Five committee Democrats...joined with all 10 committee Republicans..."

Edited on Tue Sep-29-09 03:43 PM by Zorra
And there you have it, brother and sister Democrats, the very crux of the biscuit, as Frank Zappa used to say.
:puke:
Bu*h Dog DINOrats, together with a united front of their republican brethren, voting to quash humane, progressive legislation under orders from their corporate owners. We need to get these traitorous fuckers out of office ASAP.

What should now be perfectly clear to any reasonable American is that we must outlaw corporate personhood, and outlaw all corporate interference in government as well. The penalty for breaking these laws should be mandatory life in prison without parole for any person representing a corporation that approaches a legislator with the intent to influence that legislator.

Next time these piece of shit traitorous DINOrats run for office I'm sending every spare penny to their opponents in the primaries.
:mad:

dmosh42 (853 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Sep-29-09 03:23 PM
Response to Original message
16. They voted 'NO', but their faces reflected fear...

knowing they are running against the tide. Rockefeller said it best that "the public option is on the march", and will be back again and again. The arguments were pathetic by the Repukes, and they were studdering as they tried to argue against it. What can anyone expect from a millionaires club?

droidamus2 Donating Member (908 posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Sep-29-09 03:25 PM
Response to Original message
19. Baucus is a jackass

When asked Baucus claimed that his responsibility was to get a bill passed his committee that could get 60 votes. I have news for ya Max your damn job is to do the right thing by the American people not to placate the Republicans. You are a prime example of the weak-kneed wing of the Democratic party. You won't rock the boat or stand up to anybody or for anything. As I understand it there are currently 4 other bills 3 in the House and 1 in the Senate that include a public option who the hell does Baucus think he is standing in the way of what the rest of the Democrats and by the polls the majority of people in this country want. Max if you want to work for the insurance companies step down from your Senate seat and go work for them.

It's a good day.

stsinner
09-29-2009, 04:00 PM
I just heard this on the radio.. http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/brassmonkey71/rofllg.gif

Obama must be shitting in his hat!! Pelosi must be on the verge of a breakdown... I'll bet that finger is just a waggin' at those Democrats that didn't toe the party line...

You're right, BadCat-it is a good day!!

And 15-8 is nearly 2 to 1... Not even close, Commies!!!

Apocalypse
09-29-2009, 04:25 PM
So they turned around and tried a second vote and it failed too.

Second public option also vote fails

Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:55 PM by Mark Murray
Filed Under: Congress (http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/category/1017.aspx)

From NBC's Ken Strickland
In today's Senate Finance Committee mark-up, the public option amendment introduced by Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer was defeated by a 10-13 vote.
Democratic Sens. Baucus, Conrad, and Lincoln voted no, joining all Republicans.
We don't expect any more public option votes in committee.

Apocalypse
09-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Quick question, didn't pelosi say that the House will not support HC reform without the public option? If so, then I take it that its done dead and soon to be berried?

stsinner
09-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Quick question, didn't pelosi say that the House will not support HC reform without the public option? If so, then I take it that its done dead and soon to be berried?

That's a very astute point, and it would be true if politicians weren't such spineless and shameless liars that will take whatever scraps they're thrown once the steak is snatched away from their faces... I think we may be looking at reconciliation.

lacarnut
09-29-2009, 05:23 PM
That's a very astute point, and it would be true if politicians weren't such spineless and shameless liars that will take whatever scraps they're thrown once the steak is snatched away from their faces... I think we may be looking at reconciliation.

This is just a bump in the road for these scumbags. Something will pass like a co-op plan which will have a trigger that back doors the public option when private insurers do not cover everyone. None of this crappy health care take over even starts till 2013. If it is so important, why wait 4 years for implementation? Answer, they want to start collecting the funds from us now.

I have not heard anyone talk about how many union government employees will be hired to monitor this debacle. Probably tens of thousands. That's gonna make health care cheaper. Right!

SaintLouieWoman
09-29-2009, 11:00 PM
This is just a bump in the road for these scumbags. Something will pass like a co-op plan which will have a trigger that back doors the public option when private insurers do not cover everyone. None of this crappy health care take over even starts till 2013. If it is so important, why wait 4 years for implementation? Answer, they want to start collecting the funds from us now.

I have not heard anyone talk about how many union government employees will be hired to monitor this debacle. Probably tens of thousands. That's gonna make health care cheaper. Right!

Sadly I think you're right. The slezes will do that co-op, just a disguise for public option. All of us need to be vigilant and keep exerting pressure on the pols.