PDA

View Full Version : Blinding White Wednesday.

Gingersnap
09-30-2009, 09:43 AM
We're cooling off today and it will be downright chilly for a couple of days. I'm not going to get away with these sandals much longer.

Yesterday I went to the dentist (just a checkup - everything is fine) and I was asking them about tooth whitening stuff. I'm not giving up tea anytime soon so I thought I'd look into the bleaching thing. Since I'm such an incredible scaredy cat and because I have kind of sensitive teeth, my dentist wants me to use a kind of mild bleach (with the tray thingies) and then use some kind of dental hardener with my regular bite guard at night. Fine - I'll give this a shot. I figure that I can monitor this better so I don't come out of it with "refrigerator teeth", as the Brits say.

TOTD: Do you do any tooth bleaching? Do you like it? What works for you? What hasn't worked? Are we becoming way too idiotic in the vanity department?

djones520
09-30-2009, 09:49 AM
I've never used bleach. I've used whitening toothpaste, but never noticed any real differance. As for being silly, I guess it really just depends on how self concious you are about it.

Rockntractor
09-30-2009, 10:17 AM
You will get a white tongue.

Gingersnap
09-30-2009, 10:20 AM
You will get a white tongue.

You're confusing some kind of goat medicine with a superficial cosmetic treatment. That's a common mistake. :p

Rockntractor
09-30-2009, 10:28 AM
You're confusing some kind of goat medicine with a superficial cosmetic treatment. That's a common mistake. :p

I wouldn't risk it. refrigerator teeth , white tongue, freckles, red hair and chlorine breath!

BadCat
09-30-2009, 10:44 AM
We finally broke out of the 100's for the first time in a long time, only in the 90's today and the rest of the week.

Yeah, I use the whiteners, because I smoke and drink gallons of coffee. Usually twice a year, right after my dental cleaning / checkups.

I use the Aquafresh White Trays...they're just easier than the strips.

linda22003
09-30-2009, 10:49 AM
I don't bleach. I just don't wear white shirts. :)

Gingersnap
09-30-2009, 10:52 AM
We finally broke out of the 100's for the first time in a long time, only in the 90's today and the rest of the week.

Yeah, I use the whiteners, because I smoke and drink gallons of coffee. Usually twice a year, right after my dental cleaning / checkups.

I use the Aquafresh White Trays...they're just easier than the strips.

Does it work pretty well for you?

FlaGator
09-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Comet and some steel wool seems to do the trick.

BadCat
09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Does it work pretty well for you?

Yeah, they work pretty well. Not as good as the custom molds and dentist bleach, but for over the counter, not bad.

RobJohnson
09-30-2009, 03:08 PM
It was a chilly 68 degrees @ 8 AM....Today's high will be only 75. By the weekend it will be back up into the 90's...