PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court to hear Chicago gun cases

ralph wiggum
09-30-2009, 10:22 AM
The Supreme Court announced this morning it will hear a challenge to Chicago's gun restrictions that will determine if local handgun bans are legal.

Last year, the high court ruled the 2nd Amendment gave individuals the right to possess firearms and struck down Washington, D.C.'s gun bans.

Left open was the question of whether states and local governments are required to do the same.

By agreeing to take up the cases National Rifle Association vs. City of Chicago and McDonald vs. City of Chicago, the high court potentially could set in motion a nationwide re-establishment of the right to bear arms. Those two cases challenge several Chicago gun laws, including the city's ban on handguns.

LINK (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/09/supreme-court-may-decide-on-hearing-chicago-gun-cases.html?track=email-alert-breakingnews)

djones520
09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
It'll be interesting to see how your newest Justice goes on this. I don't think anyone has any doubts that it'll be the right way.

BadCat
09-30-2009, 03:28 PM
It'll be interesting to see how your newest Justice goes on this. I don't think anyone has any doubts that it'll be the right way.

She has previously opined that states can over-ride Federal law regarding the Second.

stsinner
09-30-2009, 03:30 PM
I can't understand why Chicago has such a high murder rate if nobody is allowed to own guns.. Must be all the knives..

BadCat
09-30-2009, 03:32 PM
I can't understand why Chicago has such a high murder rate if nobody is allowed to own guns.. Must be all the knives..

Railroad ties and 2x4's are a recent weapon of choice apparently.

lacarnut
09-30-2009, 04:57 PM
She has previously opined that states can over-ride Federal law regarding the Second.

I wonder how the stupid bitch feels about others. Let's eliminate federal taxes. Yea.

expat-pattaya
09-30-2009, 11:11 PM
About time this was heard. The SC has dodged it's responsibilities in this area for a long time.