PDA

View Full Version : Bacon Doubles Size Of Pet Skunk. Is There Nothing It Can't Do?

Gingersnap
09-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Pepe le HUGE: Pet skunk on strict diet after ballooning on diet of bacon butties

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 10:54 AM on 30th September 2009
Comments (20) Add to My Stories

A pet skunk has been put on a crash diet after ballooning to double his size - by scoffing bacon butties.
Mr Bumble tips the scales at nearly 15lbs - twice his recommended weight - after being fed up to two bacon sandwiches a day by his previous owners.

They handed him over to the RSPCA because they were unable to control his weight gain and he is now on a strict diet of fruit and vegetables with two walks a day. The North American skunk is being cared for at the Tropiquaria Zoo at Washford Cross, near Watchet, Somerset, where he has become a hit with visitors.

Park owner Chris Moiser said: 'Judging by the size of him we reckon he must have been eating more than one bacon butty every day.

'His previous owners weren't malicious but obviously couldn't look after him properly and handed him over to the RSPCA, who re-homed him here. 'He's very rotund but is a lot rounder than we'd like. We're aiming to lose half his bodyweight steadily over the next few months until he's the average weight of around 7lb.
'Like any good diet, we're taking him on walks and giving him lots of fruit and veg - he has a particular fondness for melon.'

Mr Bumble was found wandering through a city centre in the south of England, where he was taken in before being reunited with his owners last month. But just two weeks later his owners, who wish to remain anonymous, handed him in because they could no longer look after him.

http://i35.tinypic.com/33zchdu.jpg
What a porker: Mr Bumble has been put on a crash diet after ballooning in size

They told RSPCA officers he had ballooned in size due to his love of bacon butties.

He was re-homed at the Tropiquaria Zoo two weeks ago, where he is taken on two 30 minute walks every day. Mr Moiser added: 'He's a very sociable little creature and loves all the attention being lavished on him here.

'He's on a vegetarian diet at the moment. It's very much like a human weight watching issue with plenty of exercise. 'He is getting to meet lots of new people so there's lots going on in his life and I suspect it's making up for the lack of his old favourite food.'

Skunks are members of the weasel family and are native to North America but have become popular as house pets in the UK.

Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1216844/Pepe-le-HUGE-Pet-skunk-strict-diet-ballooning-diet-bacon-butties.html)

djones520
09-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Thats awesome. I asked my wife if we could get a pet skunk. She said no. :(

Rockntractor
09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
He is certain to raise a stink about this new diet!

Gingersnap
09-30-2009, 03:21 PM

Show her some of the pics from this site: Skunk Haven (http://www.skunkhaven.net/SkunkIntro.htm)

You can't keep pet skunks in Colorado. And you aren't suppose to shoot the ones that dig up your lawn, either. :(

linda22003
09-30-2009, 04:40 PM
"Mr. Bumble". Too cute. Anyone can increase size on bacon, so I feel for him. I made it for breakfast for a group at the beach house a couple of years ago, every morning, and by the end of the week I couldn't even get my rings on.

FlaGator
09-30-2009, 08:17 PM

You should see the amount of paper work it takes in Florida to get permission to have a skunk for a pet. It takes about 6 months and a couple of classes to get the permits to buy and possess one.

Gingersnap
09-30-2009, 08:36 PM
You should see the amount of paper work it takes in Florida to get permission to have a skunk for a pet. It takes about 6 months and a couple of classes to get the permits to buy and possess one.

After looking at the web site, they seem like way more trouble than they're worth. Sure, they look kind of cool but they randomly destroy stuff and their intestines occasionally just pop out of their rear ends for no apparent reason. :eek:

Rockntractor
09-30-2009, 09:03 PM
After looking at the web site, they seem like way more trouble than they're worth. Sure, they look kind of cool but they randomly destroy stuff and their intestines occasionally just pop out of their rear ends for no apparent reason. :eek:

I had a friend that had that happen. He went to the hospital and they stuffed it all back in and sewed him up.

Gingersnap
09-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I had a friend that had that happen. He went to the hospital and they stuffed it all back in and sewed him up.

He was a skunk?:confused:

:D

Rockntractor
09-30-2009, 10:03 PM
He was a skunk?:confused:

:D

Actually he was . He ran off with my bosses wife and almost bankrupted the company! What an asshole.

Gingersnap
09-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Actually he was . He ran off with my bosses wife and almost bankrupted the company! What an asshole.

But a surgically enhanced asshole.

Teetop
09-30-2009, 10:19 PM
What a thread! Asshole, skunks, skunk intestines, human intestines being pooped out, almost bankrupted company, infidelity, ..... Thanks Ginger!:p:D

Gingersnap
09-30-2009, 10:30 PM
What a thread! Asshole, skunks, skunk intestines, human intestines being pooped out, almost bankrupted company, infidelity, ..... Thanks Ginger!:p:D

The Lounge will never change if I have anything to say about it. Weather, fashion, glued body parts, random detached feet, revenge, celebutard antics, home improvement, exotic pets, lolcats - we've got it all here.