PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Phillies!

NJCardFan
09-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Congrats to my Phils for their threepeat as NL East champs. First time we've done that since '76-'78. Now ler's be the first NL team to repeat as World Champs since the '75-'76 Reds.

expat-pattaya
10-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Congrats to my Phils for their threepeat as NL East champs. First time we've done that since '76-'78. Now ler's be the first NL team to repeat as World Champs since the '75-'76 Reds.

Well, one never knows :D

I'm rootin for the Stl Cardinals. They been cold of late but still offer a pretty potent one-two pitching punch and Albert. We'll see.

Bubba Dawg
10-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Congrats to the Phillies.

I like the Cards but I'm stickin' with Philadelphia for October.

Go Boyz.

SarasotaRepub
10-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Congrats! They're a fine hockey team!!!:D

JB
10-01-2009, 05:11 PM
woot. kick. and +1.

The Phils should pretty much breeze into the World Series. Just have to wait for their AL opponent now.

patriot45
10-01-2009, 05:20 PM
woot. kick. and +1.

The Phils should pretty much breeze into the World Series. Just have to wait for their AL opponent now.

I think we know who that will be! :D

D.J. will be the hero of the world series!

Go Yanks!!!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/yankees.gif

ralph wiggum
10-01-2009, 09:22 PM
woot. kick. and +1.

What? :confused:

With Brad "Gas Can" Lidge as closer?

Right now I like the Rockies or Cardinals ahead of the Phils. Philadelphia's lineup still scares me though.

SaintLouieWoman
10-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Well, one never knows :D

I'm rootin for the Stl Cardinals. They been cold of late but still offer a pretty potent one-two pitching punch and Albert. We'll see.

We always agree on this. Yesterday Carpenter not only pitched an excellent game (Cards won 13-0) but amazingly hit a grand slam homer and then drove in 2 more RBI's with a double. :D

I think they lost tonight. SR and I went out to eat and the Cards were losing as we left.

NJCardFan
10-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Tell you what, the Rockies deserve a lot of kudos. On June 3rd, they were dead in the water, 20-32, just fired their manager, and 14.5 games back. They are currently leading the Dodgers 4-1 in the 7th. If they win tonight, they'll be 1 game out. Just an incredible season for them.

expat-pattaya
10-03-2009, 01:02 AM
If anyone thinks they can predict the outcome of the NL playoffs - I want some stock suggestions :D

These teams are ALL good and ALL have pluses and minuses. Yeah, I am a biased Cards fan and think they'll pull it out but honestly, there ain't much in the difference between these four teams.

Whatever team you root for just pray for some hot players next week cause your team will need them.

Me? I'm pulling for a Carpenter/Wainwright dominance with Albert providing the fireworks. It could happen :cool:

Bubba Dawg
10-03-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm loving the run The Rockies are putting on the Dodgers.