PDA

View Full Version : Ardi gets her press conference.

hampshirebrit
10-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Seems our new oldest known ancestor has been discovered, and the announcement of this discovery has been made today.

Here she is:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46476000/jpg/_46476758_ardi-composite.jpg

And a fine looking gal she is, too, for someone who last saw the light of day 4.5 million years ago, I am sure you will all agree. Just four feet tall, she walked upright, had eating teeth (rather than the killing type), facial hair and, more than likely, very very bad table manners indeed.

More on this fascinating story here (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/10/091001-oldest-human-skeleton-ardi-missing-link-chimps-ardipithecus-ramidus.html).

Good old NG. :D

hampshirebrit
10-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Bumping for granny goodness.

Surely someone would like to take issue with the fact that the lady depicted above is our many-times great grandmama.

JB
10-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Bumping for granny goodness.

Surely someone would like to take issue with the fact that the lady depicted above is our many-times great grandmama.What I take issue with is that you bumped your own thread less than an hour after it was posted. That's weak. Empirical evidence that atheists have no morality and are prone to bad decision making.

But I'll play along. From the article:
The find reveals that our forebears underwent a previously unknown stage of evolutionSince there was a previous unknown stage of evolution, there are probably more unknown stages of evolution and maybe even a few stages of de-evolution.

Sooner or later it will all go back to Adam. ;)

FlaGator
10-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Darn Hamp! I can see the family resemblance you two share :D

hampshirebrit
10-01-2009, 06:35 PM
What I take issue with is that you bumped your own thread less than an hour after it was posted. That's weak. Empirical evidence that atheists have no morality and are prone to bad decision making.

LOLZ :D Sorry about that, it is a bit bad mannered of me, but I was just hoping that someone would get offended by it sooner than you did.

I thought (still do) that it was a jolly good opener for a thread.

We atheists are a jolly lot. :)

hampshirebrit
10-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Darn Hamp! I can see the family resemblance you two share :D

My tits are not as good as hers ... in fact, I have no tits. :D

She has a good rack on her, given the era.

Rockntractor
10-01-2009, 07:01 PM
She's hot! The perfect dragging size too.

hampshirebrit
10-01-2009, 07:08 PM
The only thing dragging would be her knuckles, on the ground.

Still, she'd be the only game in town for the blokes of the same historical period, and so, here we all are today, reading about it.

Science is a truly wonderful thing.

Rockntractor
10-01-2009, 08:08 PM
The only thing dragging would be her knuckles, on the ground.

Still, she'd be the only game in town for the blokes of the same historical period, and so, here we all are today, reading about it.

Science is a truly wonderful thing.

I wonder if she had a flat head?

MrsSmith
10-01-2009, 10:07 PM
"What Ardi tells us is there was this vast intermediate stage in our evolution that nobody knew about," said Owen Lovejoy, an anatomist at Kent State University in Ohio, who analyzed Ardi's bones below the neck. "It changes everything."...again. Imagine that! :eek::rolleyes:

rjas77
10-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Those are some seriously disporportionate long arms

Rockntractor
10-01-2009, 11:14 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Cavewoman_300.gif?t=1254453246