PDA

View Full Version : David Letterman victim of extortion plot: reports

RobJohnson
10-02-2009, 01:53 AM
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/david-letterman_l.jpg

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Late-night U.S. television talk-show host David Letterman said on Thursday he was the victim of a $2 million extortion plot related to sexual affairs he had with members of his staff, according to media reports.

CNN reported that Letterman told his audience during the taping of CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," that he received a package three weeks ago from a person who claimed to have information about his sexual activities and demanded $2 million to avoid going public.

Letterman said he went to the Manhattan District Attorney's office, which conducted an investigation, resulting in an arrest earlier on Thursday, CNN said.

Letterman (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091002/people_nm/us_letterman_extortion_2)

She thought she could get away with this?

noonwitch
10-02-2009, 08:26 AM
This was on the news this morning-a woman wasn't trying to blackmail him, a guy who worked for a news magazine on CBS was trying to blackmail him. The guy found out that Dave had been having affairs with some of the women who worked on his show and threatened to make a movie of it if Dave didn't fork over $$. Dave went to the police. He admitted to the affairs, but no women have yet come forward.

megimoo
10-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Is Letterman Trying To Hide A Gay or Bisexual Life? 40 years of listening to liars.

Is Letterman trying to hide a gay or bisexual life?

I am not accusing, but in watching his self-serving announcement about the attempted blackmail tonight and his admission that he had sex with “staffers,” one thought kept creeping into my alleged mind.

In law school and in journalism, they always taught us to watch for the strange use of words that keep a statement technically true, but obscure a greater truth or fact.

I noticed how he kept using the word “staffers” to describe the people in this employ that he had sex with. He rarely used the word “women,” when that was obviously a better word choice…. if it was true.

"Staffers" can be women or men, of legal age or not.

If he is gay or bi, fine, but that may explain the hatred of Sarah Palin and his dedication to far-left causes.

Remember, nothing (from personal attacks to word choices) ever happens without a reason, and when you have ruled out all the logical reasons, it’s time to consider the illogical ones.

Not condemning…. beyond the fact that, male or female, this is obvious sexual harassment of employees and he will probably pay BIG settlements to many of them….. but I am wondering…...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2353149/posts

megimoo
10-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Letterman Allegedly Blackmailed by CBS News' "48 Hours" Producer Over Affairs with Staff - Video

Here is video of David Letterman last night describing an extortion attempt against him that was based on the fact that he has had affairs with staff members of his show over the years.

The top video is a CBS News Report on the extortion attempt, and the CBS News Worker who is allegedly behind it. Letterman revealed both the extortion attempt ($2 Million) and the fact he has had the affairs on his show last night.

He did not reveal the identity of the blackmailer. But CBS News is reporting that the alleged blackmailer is a 20-year veteran of...

http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/2009/10/letterman-blackmailed-by-cbs-news-48.html

Rockntractor
10-02-2009, 09:16 AM
I thought he said Palins daughter was the slut. What does this make him a married man with a child that was screwing his employees?

Sonnabend
10-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I thought he said Palins daughter was the slut. What does this make him a married man with a child that was screwing his employees?

A liberal.

SaintLouieWoman
10-02-2009, 10:56 AM

He's still keeping up the ridicule of Palin.

It mght be interesting to see if the "Wahoo Gazette" on his website (find it on CBS.com) says much about Dave's admissions.

Letterman will get by with it---after all, he's a lib. Sad but true.

lacarnut
10-02-2009, 11:35 AM

A lying sleazy faggot liberal. Barney and Dave could be related.

I am hoping that corporate sponsors start cancelling their ads.

SarasotaRepub
10-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Isn't it "funny" how good old Dave is the victum???

Now if this had been a conservative, what would the Left be screaming right now...

Poor,poor Dave. :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
10-02-2009, 10:58 PM

Apparently he's "been with" his now wife since the mid 80s. I'm guessing all these employer/employee relationships happened concurrently with the whole "real girlfriend/real wife" thing.

Palin's kid was an actual kid but Letterman was an actual adult. Palin's kid more or less just screwed the one guy but Letterman screwed multiple employees. Palin's kid thinks the screwing around screwed her up but Letterman riffed the whole thing as a comedy piece.

Who's the "slut"? I forget. :confused:

SaintLouieWoman
10-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Apparently he's "been with" his now wife since the mid 80s. I'm guessing all these employer/employee relationships happened concurrently with the whole "real girlfriend/real wife" thing.

Palin's kid was an actual kid but Letterman was an actual adult. Palin's kid more or less just screwed the one guy but Letterman screwed multiple employees. Palin's kid thinks the screwing around screwed her up but Letterman riffed the whole thing as a comedy piece.

Embarassed to say I tuned in Letterman briefly. Since he does both the Thursday and Friday shows on Thursday, I thought the "slut" would say something else about his screwing around. I don't know if he ever did, because he started another of his lists attacking Palin.

SR laughed as he said he knew I'd turn it off. He was right.

NJCardFan
10-03-2009, 12:40 AM

A liberal.

Rimshot (http://instantrimshot.com/)

RobJohnson
10-03-2009, 10:32 PM
A liberal.

:D

Rockntractor
10-03-2009, 10:35 PM
:D

Has anyone seen a thread about this on DU?

RobJohnson
10-03-2009, 10:37 PM

I heard a local news lady (local Fox) say "it's not really an affair because he was not married at the time" Her co-anchor tried to correct her and she kept going on and on like Letterman did nothing wrong!

If you are in a realtionship with a woman that you have a child with, and you cheat, that is still an affair in my book!

RobJohnson
10-05-2009, 03:58 AM
'SNL' Latest to Take Shot at Letterman (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,559823,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g4:r3:c0 .000000:b28091544:z10)

noonwitch
10-05-2009, 08:43 AM
I heard a local news lady (local Fox) say "it's not really an affair because he was not married at the time" Her co-anchor tried to correct her and she kept going on and on like Letterman did nothing wrong!

If you are in a realtionship with a woman that you have a child with, and you cheat, that is still an affair in my book!

If you are in a relationship with a man and have his baby without the benefit of marriage, you are kinda asking to be cheated on.

That's what my mom would say, at least.