PDA

View Full Version : Baseball predictions for the second half

JB
07-18-2008, 07:18 PM
The Phillies will win the World Series.

Screw the Mets, the Cubs, the entire NL West and every team in the half-ass American League.

That is all.

patriot45
07-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Well I for one hope Ryan Howard goes on a tear!

But it would be sweet for the Devil Rays to take the pennant from the Yanks and the smelly socks!

Molon Labe
07-18-2008, 07:21 PM
http://blog.danshamptons.com/entertainment/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/fp3940new-york-yankees-posters.jpg

They should just win every year.

JB
07-18-2008, 07:24 PM
But it would be sweet for the Devil Rays to take the pennant from the Yanks and the smelly socks!+1 on that.

submarinepainter
07-18-2008, 08:53 PM
http://blog.danshamptons.com/entertainment/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/fp3940new-york-yankees-posters.jpg

They should just win every year.

lol you know the Red Sox rule !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Molon Labe
07-19-2008, 09:07 AM
lol you know the Red Sox rule !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm probably one of the few NY fans that doesn't have a complete loathing for the Redsox. (Maybe some of the intolerable Boston fans of late who can't shut up and think they've been winning since....1918 ...what with the Celtics, Patriots and all.)

SaintLouieWoman
07-21-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm probably one of the few NY fans that doesn't have a complete loathing for the Redsox. (Maybe some of the intolerable Boston fans of late who can't shut up and think they've been winning since....1918 ...what with the Celtics, Patriots and all.)

I'm a Cards fan who does have that complete loathing of the Redsox.

But folks had best watch the Cards. We're just liable to sneak up on those Cubbies. We've just won 5 in a row and, other than the Cubs, have the best winning record in MLB. All of this was done with a pitching staff mostly on the DL list and with totally unexpected runs coming from players who aren't that particularly notable.

Space Gravy
07-21-2008, 09:01 AM
I've given up on making predictions after my great picks this year of the Indians, Mariners, Braves and Astros winning their divisions.

ralph wiggum
07-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Well I for one hope Ryan Howard goes on a tear!

But it would be sweet for the Devil Rays to take the pennant from the Yanks and the smelly socks!

What kind of tear? 300 strikeouts? :D

patriot45
07-21-2008, 02:46 PM
What kind of tear? 300 strikeouts? :D

That would be fine with 60 homer and 150 rbis! :D
He did have a terrible start just like all my big picks, Maglio O., Vladimir G., Reyes and Howard all had sub par first 1/2 s and they were all cant cut guys.

Watch out second half!:rolleyes::D

patriot45
07-21-2008, 02:48 PM

But folks had best watch the Cards. We're just liable to sneak up on those Cubbies. We've just won 5 in a row and, other than the Cubs, have the best winning record in MLB. All of this was done with a pitching staff mostly on the DL list and with totally unexpected runs coming from players who aren't that particularly notable.

They are hot, and I was lucky to grab Ludwick, hes been on a tear!

jendf
07-21-2008, 08:39 PM

My D-backs are playing the Cubs starting tonight for a 3-game series.

I'll send them a memo that you would like them to beat the Cubs to advance the Cardinals' cause. :cool: :D

SaintLouieWoman
07-21-2008, 10:43 PM
My D-backs are playing the Cubs starting tonight for a 3-game series.

I'll send them a memo that you would like them to beat the Cubs to advance the Cardinals' cause. :cool: :D

Thank you so much. I hope they listen. I'm sure Ralph won't be thrilled with this idea. :D

SaintLouieWoman
07-21-2008, 10:44 PM
They are hot, and I was lucky to grab Ludwick, hes been on a tear!

Hope he continues on that tear.

ralph wiggum
07-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Thank you so much. I hope they listen. I'm sure Ralph won't be thrilled with this idea. :D

Cubs/D-Backs was a great game last night. Both Harden and Randy Johnson pitched great, Harden gave up just one measly hit, while striking out 10 in 7 innings. Unfortunately the one hit was a solo home run.

jendf
07-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Of course the one game I actually go to see in person is a win for the Cubs. :p I had a lot of fun though. Even got on the big screen. Let me tell you...my mug does not belong on a gigantic HD TV. It's just not right!

Zathras
07-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Predictions for the 2nd half of the baseball season? The Giants and A's will continue to suck just as they did in the 1st half.

ralph wiggum
07-25-2008, 12:29 AM
Of course the one game I actually go to see in person is a win for the Cubs. :p I had a lot of fun though. Even got on the big screen. Let me tell you...my mug does not belong on a gigantic HD TV. It's just not right!

I thought I saw you in the crowd. Were you the chick who was punching or were you receiving the punch? :D

jendf
07-25-2008, 01:15 PM
I thought I saw you in the crowd. Were you the chick who was punching or were you receiving the punch? :D

I was the one hiding behind my $9 cup of beer. :p

Chuck58
07-25-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm still pulling for Brooklyn. One a these years, they'll be back on top.