PDA

View Full Version : Did Rove frame Letterman?

ralph wiggum
10-02-2009, 12:24 PM
ROFL! :D

librechik (1000+ posts)
Fri Oct-02-09 11:20 AM
Original message
Is it just me--does anyone else smell a Rovelike stench around the Letterman extortion plot? (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6680535)

Edited on Fri Oct-02-09 11:23 AM by librechik
He has made some very Republican enemies lately. And CBS is way in to the corrupt news organization thing nowadays.Would they really allow their Late Night cash cow to die like they did Rather?

It's probably just a coincidence.

Right?

On edit, just discovered the affair was back in 2003? When RoveCo was at the height of his media-pwning power

BSR
10-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Whenever I think they hit bottom, they always break through and go deeper into insanity..

InspiredHome
10-02-2009, 07:20 PM
If Letterman were ethically sound he wouldn't need to worry about being blackmailed. Sin always catches up to you.

SarasotaRepub
10-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah DUmmies...it was Lord Rove. Keep dreaming you delusional morons. :rolleyes::D

SaintLouieWoman
10-02-2009, 07:33 PM
I suspect this handy panky went on long before Rove came into prominence. They're about as good as their facts as Mrs. O, saying she was sitting in her daddy's lap watching Carl Lewis run (when she was about 20 years old). :rolleyes:

FDK
10-02-2009, 09:01 PM
I heard that Rove also built a secret underground uranium enrichment plant in Iran.

NJCardFan
10-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Earth to DUmmies: Bush isn't president any longer.

Is there a cure for BDS? Apparently not.

Dan D. Doty
10-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Its very simple with the Moonbats.

Moonbats suffer from Narcisstic Personality Disorder, thus they want to destroy people who disagree with them, they also assume that others are trying to do the same to them; it also gives them another excuss to hurt others even more because of their delusions.

3rd-try
10-03-2009, 11:03 AM
I suspect this handy panky went on long before Rove came into prominence. They're about as good as their facts as Mrs. O, saying she was sitting in her daddy's lap watching Carl Lewis run (when she was about 20 years old). :rolleyes:

I hadn't heard about that gem. I wonder if daddy was humming the "look for the union label" tune at the same time...

movie buff
10-05-2009, 11:14 PM
"Is it just me--does anyone else smell a Rovelike stench around the Letterman extortion plot?"
No. I just smell an unscrupulous producer (His blackmailer was a network producer, wasn't he?) who came across evidence of Letterman's affairs, got greedy, and figured Letterman would rather pay up than disgrace himself.
"He has made some very Republican enemies lately."
Um, Letterman has ALWAYS been an anti- Republican propagandist.

noonwitch
10-06-2009, 08:33 AM
The question is ridiculous in so many ways, mainly, what would Rove or the interests he allegedly still represents gain from Letterman's embarrassment (since this is hardly going to be his "downfall")?

SaintLouieWoman
10-06-2009, 08:51 AM
"Is it just me--does anyone else smell a Rovelike stench around the Letterman extortion plot?"
No. I just smell an unscrupulous producer (His blackmailer was a network producer, wasn't he?) who came across evidence of Letterman's affairs, got greedy, and figured Letterman would rather pay up than disgrace himself.
"He has made some very Republican enemies lately."
Um, Letterman has ALWAYS been an anti- Republican propagandist.

I heard that supposedly that producer was living with Stephanie, the Letterman staffer who was the object of Dave's affection for some time. I don't have the link, heard it on one of those stupid "news" programs. Seems Dave would bring her home, sit in the driveway of the place she shared with the producer, and play kissy face. No wonder the guy went ballistic. That might just explain why an otherwise bright person asked for a two million dollar check vs cash. He mght not have been after the money, just the embarassment to Letterman.

Charter had one of their sleazy little "entertainment" stories saying Dave apologized to his wife repeatedly on his show. Hope he had an airtight prenup. (or maybe not). :D

After all his nasty jabs at other guys, it's ironic how the owner of World Wide Pants got caught with his pants down.