PDA

View Full Version : Axelrod: We got robbed on Olympics because of “politics”

megimoo
10-02-2009, 02:55 PM
The ultimate irony in sour grapes since the French lost a wine contest in the mid-1970s to California. What White House has ever indulged in more elbow-throwing for its pet causes than the Obama White House, after all?

Just this week, we heard from a Democratic challenger in the Colorado primary that revealed an attempt to buy him out of the race with a position at USAID. Complaining about politics from this White House is like the Yankees griping about being put at a disadvantage from the free-agent system.

And yet, here we have David Axelrod, attempting to recover from the dumbest political gaffe of the administration by blaming the very international politics Barack Obama tried to exploit:
snip

Why did Obama go to Copenhagen in the first place? He and his staff thought that he could use his supposedly tremendous international popularity to bully the IOC into picking Chicago. Now they’re complaining that the IOC had other politics to consider, and that somehow that was unfair.

Boo fricking hoo.

Why did the White House put the prestige of the American presidency on the line for the 2016 Olympiads in the first place? Even Al Gore seemed taken aback by that earlier this week, and warned that Obama had better not come back empty-handed, lest he look like a fool. They seem to have an inordinately high opinion of their own influence on world leaders and organizations, and Obama apparently has no one to whisper Sic transit gloria in his ear when he embarks on these triumphs.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/10/02/axelrod-we-got-robbed-on-olympics-because-of-politics/

lacarnut
10-02-2009, 03:04 PM
If Obama had not embarked on an apology tour when he first took office, things might have worked out differently. However, I think the fix was in that it was time a South American country was awarded the games. Ax, Obummer and the rest of their clown club can whine and play the blame game but the writing was on the wall. These dummies are not used to losing when it comes to politics. Time to eat some crow.

NJCardFan
10-03-2009, 12:25 AM
There's politics in the Olympics? No!

PoliCon
10-03-2009, 01:10 AM
The funny thing is he rants and raves about the politics of the spanish bid - and SPAIN LOST ALSO! :rolleyes:

AlmostThere
10-03-2009, 11:00 AM
I saw the definitive video yesterday on TV but for some reason it has disappeared off the internet. Senator Roland Burris ( I still laugh when I type that) had the reason Chicago lost. It was Bush's fault. NO JOKE! Chicago lost because the world hates Bush. This is an article about it but the video has been yanked.

http://www.current-movie-reviews.com/people/2009/10/02/chicago-out-of-contention-for-2016-olympics-senator-rowland-burris-blames-bush/

Eagle
10-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Maybe if Michele and Barak got rid of the tele-prompters and spoke from their hearts instead of scripted fairy tales the would have sounded more realistic and not fake. Do they think that everyone else is stupid and can't see this?

Rockntractor
10-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Maybe if Michele and Barak got rid of the tele-prompters and spoke from their hearts instead of scripted fairy tales the would have sounded more realistic and not fake. Do they think that everyone else is stupid and can't see this?
On the part about stupid, 52% 0f Americans are they voted for him. As far as the rest of the world there is no shortage of stupid there either!

PoliCon
10-03-2009, 09:36 PM
On the part about stupid, 52% 0f Americans are they voted for him. As far as the rest of the world there is no shortage of stupid there either!

52% of American's didn't vote for him - he got 52% of the vote which is different.

Apocalypse
10-03-2009, 11:44 PM
I saw the definitive video yesterday on TV but for some reason it has disappeared off the internet. Senator Roland Burris ( I still laugh when I type that) had the reason Chicago lost. It was Bush's fault. NO JOKE! Chicago lost because the world hates Bush. This is an article about it but the video has been yanked.

http://www.current-movie-reviews.com/people/2009/10/02/chicago-out-of-contention-for-2016-olympics-senator-rowland-burris-blames-bush/
Here is a better laugh. Burris blaims Bush? Funny, Chicago was selected as a finalist (http://digg.com/world_news/IOC_announces_2016_Summer_Olympics_finalists)in June, 2008 under that hated Bush. But got rejected under Obama. Now what does that say?

megimoo
10-03-2009, 11:57 PM

Old Tombstone Burris is always a day late and a dollar short .He's too stupid to steal enough to get into high office in the windy city !

Rockntractor
10-04-2009, 12:30 AM
52% of American's didn't vote for him - he got 52% of the vote which is different.
The rest are door mats that don't participate.

PoliCon
10-04-2009, 12:38 AM
The rest are door mats that don't participate.

that may well be - but is still not the same.

Rockntractor
10-04-2009, 12:44 AM
that may well be - but is still not the same.

They are herding animals their opinions mean nothing by their own choice!

PoliCon
10-04-2009, 12:48 AM
They are herding animals their opinions mean nothing by their own choice!

I'm not disagreeing with you on this - I'm just saying that he got 52% of the vote - not that 52% of Americans voted for him. Besides - we all know that at least 10% either were not eligible to vote and voted anyhow or voted more than once.