PDA

View Full Version : Sizzling Saturday

PoliCon
10-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Going to be out all morning so I'm posting this now:

Mostly Sunny, High 66 F with a 20% chance of rain. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Will be a nice day to be celebrating :)

SO . . . .

TOTD: Is your brain slowly being fried? Cellphones are still a fairly experimental technology. We still have no idea what the long term results of exposure to cellphones will be - BUT - it's clear that some are better than others. To that end EWG has gone through all the major cell phones and rated them on how much radiation they put out. How does your phone fare?

I have a Motorola I9 Stature. According to EWG I am exposing myself to 0.61 W/kg maximum of radiation. Not bad - but not all that great either. Seems that the iPhone is just about the WORST.

SO: look up your phone and let us know how fried we should expect your brain to be . . .

http://www.ewg.org/cellphoneradiation/Get-a-Safer-Phone

Zathras
10-03-2009, 12:03 AM
I have 4th worst, Blackberry Curve 8330....Maximum radiation: 1.54 W/kg.

Guess I should be glowing in the dark or something?

lacarnut
10-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Having Lasagna at my brother's house for lunch; then watch LSU and GA play football.

TOTD: I don't have a cell phone. The damn things should be outlawed while driving.

stsinner
10-03-2009, 10:22 AM
I have the Sanyo SCP-7050 ruggedized phone. (http://www.mobilewhack.com/sanyo-scp-7050-ultra-rugged-phone-that-adheres-to-military-standard-810f-for-dust-shock-and-vibration/)

Couldn't find it on the site.. But I agree-too much radio wave radiation all around us.. WiFi everywhere you go, cell-phone towers everywhere.. There can't be NO effects..

Rockntractor
10-03-2009, 10:58 AM
The sooner it is fried the better. All this reality is driving me crazy!

linda22003
10-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I only turn my phone on to make a quick call, usually less than a minute, if I need to check in with someone. The rest of the time it's off, and I often have no idea where it is.

Bubba Dawg
10-03-2009, 04:33 PM
I have the Sanyo SCP-7050 ruggedized phone. (http://www.mobilewhack.com/sanyo-scp-7050-ultra-rugged-phone-that-adheres-to-military-standard-810f-for-dust-shock-and-vibration/)

Couldn't find it on the site.. But I agree-too much radio wave radiation all around us.. WiFi everywhere you go, cell-phone towers everywhere.. There can't be NO effects..

I'm glad you gave that link. When it's time to replace my cell phone I want to get one like yours. Like it?

Rockntractor
10-03-2009, 05:24 PM
There have always been radio waves everywhere with or without radio transmission. What the hell do you think static noise is when you can't find a signal?

Bubba Dawg
10-03-2009, 06:01 PM
There have always been radio waves everywhere with or without radio transmission. What the hell do you think static noise is when you can't find a signal?

I don't know but sometimes, on a quiet evening out in the darkness, I can hear the steady heartbeat of General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna....titty rump...titty rump...titty rump....

He knows I hear him. And I know that he knows that i know that I hear him.

stsinner
10-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm glad you gave that link. When it's time to replace my cell phone I want to get one like yours. Like it?

I really like it! It's got built-in GPS that is awesome-talks through the speakerphone. It's battery is the longest lasting of any phone I've owned, and when it stores on your belt in its clip, the face is in, which seems like common sense, but I've had them face outward.. The case is rubberized, and it just feels solid.

It's a little more bulky than a tiny phone, but not too bad, and I don't like those thin girly phones, anyway..

I actually have no complaints about it.

Bubba Dawg
10-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I really like it! It's got built-in GPS that is awesome-talks through the speakerphone. It's battery is the longest lasting of any phone I've owned, and when it stores on your belt in its clip, the face is in, which seems like common sense, but I've had them face outward.. The case is rubberized, and it just feels solid.

It's a little more bulky than a tiny phone, but not too bad, and I don't like those thin girly phones, anyway..

I actually have no complaints about it.

Thanks. I had heard of this model but never talked to anyone who wned one.

It's pretty tough and water resistant as well.

RobJohnson
10-03-2009, 07:57 PM
My brain started to get fried in high school. :p

I got a really good deal on this phone, & at only 11 pounds it's very compact. Alot of women do a double take when it's in my front pants pocket.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/Brick_Phone.jpg

Bubba Dawg
10-03-2009, 08:00 PM
My brain started to get fried in high school. :p

I got a really good deal on this phone, & at only 11 pounds it's very compact. Alot of women do a double take when it's in my front pants pocket.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/Brick_Phone.jpg

Antenna looks too small.

Rockntractor
10-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I still have my first bag phone. Vintage 1992

Bubba Dawg
10-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I still have my first bag phone. Vintage 1992

I won't poke fun at your bag phone.....

nyuk nyuk nyuk.....

RobJohnson
10-03-2009, 08:27 PM

nyuk nyuk nyuk.....

I remember paying $300 for a bag phone in 1991 & there were no minute packages! Very expensive to use. I made alot more money then, how did that happen? Oh well, I'm ALOT happier now.

Rockntractor
10-03-2009, 08:27 PM

nyuk nyuk nyuk.....

I was so cool when I walked around with that phone! You wouldn't have believed it.

RobJohnson
10-03-2009, 08:31 PM
I was so cool when I walked around with that phone! You wouldn't have believed it.

My camcorder & bag phone both used the same type of battery. I always had a spare!

Rockntractor
10-03-2009, 08:34 PM
My camcorder & bag phone both used the same type of battery. I always had a spare!
If your car didn't start you could have probably jump started it with those batteries.

RobJohnson
10-03-2009, 08:38 PM
If your car didn't start you could have probably jump started it with those batteries.

You had to remember to unplug the charger when you turned off the car, or it would drain the car battery!

I thought I was hot shit back then. Very good job at ALCOA, had my own office, in my 20's...brand new car, etc....so much I had to learn!

RobJohnson
10-03-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm headed to the pool for a while, it's 84 outside. Yes, it's an outdoor pool until we put the dome on for the winter.

Rockntractor
10-03-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm headed to the pool for a while, it's 84 outside. Yes, it's an outdoor pool until we put the dome on for the winter.

When they put the dome over it can you cuss while you are swimming?

RobJohnson
10-03-2009, 10:45 PM
When they put the dome over it can you cuss while you are swimming?

It echos and gets really foggy inside the dome.