PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama lied to the IOC??

stsinner
10-03-2009, 10:58 AM
From the Freepers...

Michelle Obama gave a tear-jerker of a speech during which she recounted that she sat on her father's lap while watching Carl Lewis' triumphs in the Olympics.

But Carl Lewis's first Olympics was in 1984 when Michelle Obama was 20 years old.

So either there was something weird going on between her and her father or she was flat-out lying.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2354036/posts

NJCardFan
10-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I'd vote for the latter. She get's that from her husband. Remember his speech about his parents meeting at the Selma, Alabama march that happened 4 years after he was born.

Rockntractor
10-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Maybe they are time travelers. i'll listen to coast to coast and find out.

FreeAmerican
10-05-2009, 11:47 AM
It's too bad Joe Wilson wasn't on the IOC.

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 12:04 PM
It's too bad Joe Wilson wasn't on the IOC.

Yep, you lie bitch. :)

SaintLouieWoman
10-05-2009, 12:24 PM
There's something funny going on with the Dems. Remember way back to the election, when Hillary was talking about dodging those bullets? Then think further back to Bubba's lies, "I did not have sex with that woman", then Edwards denying the affair, etc, etc.

Michelle's lie was just stupid. Some folks like to lie for the sake of lying. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
10-05-2009, 12:53 PM
From the Freepers...

Michelle Obama gave a tear-jerker of a speech during which she recounted that she sat on her father's lap while watching Carl Lewis' triumphs in the Olympics.

But Carl Lewis's first Olympics was in 1984 when Michelle Obama was 20 years old.

So either there was something weird going on between her and her father or she was flat-out lying.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2354036/posts

Actually - she didn't write that speech. So - the speech writer is either an incompetent boob who does know how to fact check - or is a liar. Of course - Michelle if she had any integrity - should have asked for that to be edited out knowing it to be false.

FreeAmerican
10-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Actually - she didn't write that speech. So - the speech writer is either an incompetent boob who does know how to fact check - or is a liar. Of course - Michelle if she had any integrity - should have asked for that to be edited out knowing it to be false.

If it were to become something she had to address, her response would probably be, "I did not read the speech prior to addressing the IOC." I don't think she is the type not to read it before speaking though.

ralph wiggum
10-05-2009, 01:17 PM
There's something funny going on with the Dems. Remember way back to the election, when Hillary was talking about dodging those bullets? Then think further back to Bubba's lies, "I did not have sex with that woman", then Edwards denying the affair, etc, etc.

Michelle's lie was just stupid. Some folks like to lie for the sake of lying. :rolleyes:

Don't forget her "story" about being named for Sir Edmund Hillary, who didn't climb Mt. Everest until after she was born. ;)

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 01:19 PM

That does not excuse the fact that it reflects badly on America when she makes an ass out of herself on the international stage. Of course, the Magic Negro did the same. The buck stops at her doorsteps. FCS, she has a larger staff (hand maidens) than previous first ladies have had.

PoliCon
10-05-2009, 01:27 PM
If it were to become something she had to address, her response would probably be, "I did not read the speech prior to addressing the IOC." I don't think she is the type not to read it before speaking though.

It could be that who ever owns the Obama's politically wrote the speech and she had to go with it ya know? Or it could be that she figured that the MSM would give her a pass on the facts - which I'm sure they have.

FreeAmerican
10-05-2009, 02:06 PM
It could be that who ever owns the Obama's politically wrote the speech and she had to go with it ya know?

That begs the question, who owns them? And of course the MSM isn't gonna ever mention it.

PoliCon
10-05-2009, 02:27 PM
That begs the question, who owns them? And of course the MSM isn't gonna ever mention it.No - they MSM is going to do what ever they can to keep the facade going so that their personal preferences in agendas can go forward. :rolleyes: As for who owns them - Soros I'm sure.

Goldwater
10-05-2009, 02:45 PM
It could be that who ever owns the Obama's politically wrote the speech and she had to go with it ya know? Or it could be that she figured that the MSM would give her a pass on the facts - which I'm sure they have.

That begs the question, who owns them? And of course the MSM isn't gonna ever mention it.

No - they MSM is going to do what ever they can to keep the facade going so that their personal preferences in agendas can go forward. :rolleyes: As for who owns them - Soros I'm sure.

Conspiracy much?

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Conspiracy much?

Could be but it looks bad when the First Lady makes a fool of herself on the International stage.

Goldwater
10-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Could be but it looks bad when the First Lady makes a fool of herself on the International stage.

Of course it does, but that doesn't mean George Soros slipped her the speech.

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Of course it does, but that doesn't mean George Soros slipped her the speech.

Soros is too smart to give her erroneous information. Probably, some dumb ass writer. Both of these birds (O's) are amateurish.

PoliCon
10-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Soros is too smart to give her erroneous information. Probably, some dumb ass writer. Both of these birds (O's) are amateurish.

I wouldn't bet on that. Soros will say anything do anything he can to get his way.

FreeAmerican
10-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Guess time will tell, or maybe not.