PDA

View Full Version : Danish News: Obama's Arrogance Turned Off IOC

megimoo
10-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Now we know why Chicago lost out-- The IOC did not appreciate Obama's arrogance.

Danish News: Obama's Arrogance Turned Off IOC

Ekstra Bladet accused Obama of disrespecting the IOC.

It took the former Danish IOC member Kai Holm less than one round of counting to determine that Chicago was the victim of his own disrespect.

Quite remarkably Holm could tell it, all others considered as an advantage in the Olympic optics was a disadvantage. The world's mightiest man's visit was not an expression of humility and a desire to make the Olympic idea of American and global momentum.

No, it had instead said that Obama does not take the IOC and the Olympic ideals seriously. Having Understood: The American President should have spent more days to 'massage' IOC members' sense of self, so maybe Chicago had won instead.
“The fact that Barack Obama came, could not do it. I think he lacked emotion, it seemed too empty and business-like. When Tony Blair promoted London he was around three days to lobby and talk to people. You can not just come with the train one day and try to affect everything. People have felt that it was a lack of respect for the Olympics and sport in general. I think people felt it was too business-like to get into the way we have now seen it many times, and you would have feelings back.”

Hans Bonde, professor of sport history at the University of Copenhagen, told the newspaper: “Here come the media favorite Obama just before the deadline and made showoff. He clearly won the battle in the media, but it turned out indeed to be indifferent. IOC members did not feel important, and they were indeed reduced to spectators and not players."

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/10/danish-news-obamas-arrogance-turned-off.html

Comments:
“Here come the media favorite Obama just before the deadline and made showoff.”

The Danes get it. Gave him the finger. Sweet.
He is more arrogant than Bill Clinton, and that is saying something. The most arrogant President. The most liberal President. The most naive President. The most thin-skinned President. He really doesn’t understand why Americans are buying his health care pitch. He really doesn’t get why the Olympic committee did not buy his pitch for Chicago. He really thinks he is all that.
The ONE has a GIFT? Nothing to be seen but an empty suit acting like it’s amateur hour.
"People have felt that it was a lack of respect for the Olympics and sport in general."

He has no respect for his own country, let alone the Olympics.
We don’t need to waste political capital investigating this failure. The MSM (even in Chicago with its wall-to-wall coverage) stated that the problem was the whole arrogance of Obama/Oprah/Michelle/Daley.
OBAMA (THAT BUMBLIN' CLOWN)
Tune: "Chicago (That Toddlin' Town)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCnOymxVIT4

Obama, Obama, that bumblin' clown
Obama, Obama, he will fumble around--and flub it
Bet your teleprompter he'll lose the games for Chicago, Chicago
So bad that Oprah Winfrey will have to frown

Olympics are slim picks, when Barry's your shill
You do things like lose out to Brazil
He had the task, Chicago to sell
I had to laugh, he came with Michelle
O Chicago, Obama let you down!

Obama, Obama, that bumblin' clown
Obama, Obama, he'll fumble around--and flub it
Bet your teleprompter he'll lose the games for Chicago, Chicago
So bad that Oprah Winfrey will have to frown

Olympics are slim picks, when Barry's your shill
You do things like losing out to Brazil--still
He had the task, Chicago to sell
I had to laugh when he came with Michelle
O Chicago, Obama--Obama sure let you down!

Rockntractor
10-03-2009, 11:05 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/ill-screw-them-all-demotivational-p.jpg?t=1254625464

PoliCon
10-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Obama arrogant? say it ain't so! :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
10-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Funny thing though that they're saying that Obama was arrogant yet it seems to me that the reason why Chicago was voted down early was because he didn't kiss their asses. Good for him on that one.

megimoo
10-04-2009, 12:15 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/ill-screw-them-all-demotivational-p.jpg?t=1254625464Sid vicious - I did it my way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oq67ygQAkw

Space Gravy
10-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Funny thing though that they're saying that Obama was arrogant yet it seems to me that the reason why Chicago was voted down early was because he didn't kiss their asses. Good for him on that one.

I know, it's quite a quandry. I've enjoyed seeing him fail but on the other hand the perception that Chicago didn't get it because the IOC thought it's ass didn't get kissed enough makes want to tell them to go get stuffed.

Sonnabend
10-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Obama was "entitled"....to get his ass kicked. In case he hadnt noticed, the IOC has the market cornered on arrogance and corruption