PDA

View Full Version : Un-Freaking Believable!!!!!

asdf2231
10-04-2009, 12:35 PM
My wife just called me. She is driving up to Green Bay and saw something in the fields that made her u-turn on the highway to get a better look.

She got a TON of pictures of 4, FOUR freaking Whooping Cranes feeding together.

That represents about FIVE PERCENT of the surviving Eastern Migratory Population!!!

She has been birding casually all her life and has NEVER seen one in the wild before!!!!!

SarasotaRepub
10-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Cool!

Aren't they the birds that some guy uses an Ultra-Light to help
them migrate down to Florida??

Rockntractor
10-04-2009, 12:51 PM
http://www.leasehunter.com/blog/sandhill-crane-recipe.html
http://www.leasehunter.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/sanhill-crane-recipe.jpg
Ingredients:

Sandhill Crane breasts
1 Can of ring pineapple
1 bottle of Worcestershire Sauce
2 Bell Pepper
1 Onion
1 Pack of whole mushrooms
1 Tbsp of minced garlic
Salt, pepper & Tony Chachere’s seasonings

First, breast out the bird from the breast bone and thoroughly clean accordingly. Once washed, slice the breasts in 1″, or slightly larger, pieces so that they will fit on a skewer. Place them in a container (that can be sealed). Open can of pineapple and pour the juice over the breast pieces. Save the pineapple rings in the refrigerator for grilling. In an approximately equal amount to the pineapple juice, pour in the Worcestershire Sauce. Add garlic (if desired). Place the sealed container in the refrigerator and let marinate for 12 or more hours.

When ready to grill, cut up vegetables and skewer them k-bob style. I alternate each piece of breast meat with a different vegetable or pineapple piece. Grill until fully cooked with a warm red center. Lightly season with Tony Chacere’s to taste. Enjoy!

Apocalypse
10-04-2009, 01:08 PM
If she wants to see an impressive sight, have her swing down to Sabula Iowa. Right about this time of year, hundreds of Bald Eagles feed in the area in large clusters.

BSR
10-04-2009, 01:22 PM
If she wants to see an impressive sight, have her swing down to Sabula Iowa. Right about this time of year, hundreds of Bald Eagles feed in the area in large clusters.

That's nothing.. Every Spring/Summer I get lawn frogs.. Frogs.... That live in my grass... It's friggin wild !!!

Rockntractor
10-04-2009, 01:42 PM
That's nothing.. Every Spring/Summer I get lawn frogs.. Frogs.... That live in my grass... It's friggin wild !!!
Can you suck them and get high?

asdf2231
10-04-2009, 10:45 PM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs222.snc1/6925_1135410670082_1371784175_30409225_7614950_n.j pg

Whoopers!!!!

asdf2231
10-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Cool!

Aren't they the birds that some guy uses an Ultra-Light to help
them migrate down to Florida??

Yeppers!

But the ones that winter in Florida are the ones who migrate themselves. The flock that winters down in Texas are the ones who get the assist.

RobJohnson
10-05-2009, 02:45 AM

I seen a crow today.

expat-pattaya
10-05-2009, 06:04 AM
Pretty cool man. Whooping cranes. And she recognized them from the highway. Good eyes. You better be a good boy cause you ain't getting nothing by the missus. :D