PDA

View Full Version : " Where Have All The "Obummer" Stickers Gone? "

megimoo
10-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Where have all the stickers gone? [Re: Bumper Stickers]

"Someone Ask Numbers the Spelling Nazi If She Still Has Her Obumbler Bumper Sticker ?"

Here's a bulletin based on an unscientific survey and verified by friends: Obama stickers are getting harder to spot.

That's right. The ubiquitous blue stickers with the round, red-white-and blue symbol are coming off the bumpers. Even in northern Virginia, which has large pockets of yellow dog Democrats, the stickers are disappearing.

Is this evidence of buyer's remorse? If it is, someone should tell Pepsi, which changed its logo to look like the Obama symbol and plastered slogans on its ads that implied it was part of "hope" and "change." They might want to do what Coca-Cola did after the bust of the "new Coke" and go back to their original logo.

As Obama sinks in the polls, the absence of triumphal stickers is becoming glaringly obvious. They used to be as ubiquitous as ants at a picnic. You still see Kerry 2004 and even Gore 2000 stickers on some cars, usually on a Volvo or on a Subaru, the unofficial car of women who wear comfortable shoes. But Obama? Who's he? You mean the pitchman who's constantly on television? Isn't the election over?

America is taking Mr. Obama's measure and reassessing rapidly. From initiating a gusher of spending, appointing a gaggle of radicals, glad-handing America's enemies and targeting our own security personnel, the president has alienated one constituency after another. Pretty soon all he will have left will be the pansexual, Star Wars bar crowd and, of course, the unions, which spent $1 billion during the 2008 election cycle and want to jam "card check" down America's throat to end the right to resist their goons.

Mr. Obama, who once flew high at 70 percent, still has an approval rating of 48 percent, which means a lot of people still expect a government handout. But people registering more negative views of the president are gaining. And, again, those stickers are becoming the oddity when just a while ago they were the rule.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=707106

linda22003
10-05-2009, 07:53 AM
I have never put bumper stickers for any candidate on my car. The only thing I expressed favoritism for on my last car was "OBX" to indicate I was fond of the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I'm not going to put a bumper sticker of ANY kind on a BMW 325xi.

Gingersnap
10-05-2009, 10:01 AM
I still see Obama stickers. Maybe not as many as during the election but often enough.

linda22003
10-05-2009, 10:05 AM
There are tons of them here in the Washington area - more on Maryland cars than on Virginia cars, but it's close. :cool:

NJCardFan
10-05-2009, 12:29 PM
I see them everywhere.

AHeneen
10-05-2009, 08:39 PM
I've noticed a decrease in Obam stickers on cars, but here in somewhat rural FL there weren't very many to begin with. I'm lucky to spot one a week. And while there was quite a decrease right after the election in McCain stickers, I still see many more McCain bumper stickers than Obama ones...of course this is Rep. country, where the polling station I watched ended the day with about a 2-1 ratio in favor of Obummer (600-something to 300-something).

linda22003
10-06-2009, 08:18 AM
http://graphjam.wordpress.com/files/2008/09/obama.gif

SaintLouieWoman
10-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I have never put bumper stickers for any candidate on my car. The only thing I expressed favoritism for on my last car was "OBX" to indicate I was fond of the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I'm not going to put a bumper sticker of ANY kind on a BMW 325xi.

I won't put a bumper sticker on my car, either, never have. They're too hard to get off. In 2004 I had Bush stickers on---but they were cool magnetic ones that easily were removed.

Go to a Whole Food parking lot and you stll see a lot of those Obama stickers. I guess they didn't all get the message from the DUmmies to boycott the place.

lacarnut
10-06-2009, 11:01 AM
While working for the state, we were not allowed to put a bumper sticker or yard sign on our property for any local, state or national candidate. I think that is a good policiy for all government employees.

I see very few Obama bumper stickers around here. Never have put a bumper sticker on any of my vehicles.

xavierob82
10-07-2009, 05:24 PM
I see them all the time in DC/Northern Virginia.