PDA

View Full Version : Attention John McCain: It's Our Party, Too, And, frankly, we don't like you that much

megimoo
10-05-2009, 11:46 AM
"McCain has become totally irrelevant and a worthless Conservative spokesperson.Along with his twin Lindsey Graham He has become a treacherous serpent in the Conservatives bosom like the rest of the so called Conservative Centrists aka Liberals lite . "

Not quite satisfied with having run one of the worst presidential campaigns ever, Senator John McCain is now seeking to reshape the Republican Party in his on image. In other words, to make it a "centrist" party, or as I prefer to call it, "a group of dithering cowards who wet themselves at the slightest sign of liberal hostility".

It’s all part of an approach that is at odds with most other recent failed presidential nominees, whose immediate response to defeat was to retreat from the electoral arena. But those familiar with McCain’s thinking say he has expressed serious concern about the direction of the party and is actively seeking out and supporting candidates who can broaden the party’s reach.

In McCain’s case, that means backing conservative pragmatists and moderates.

Bitter much? That is exactly what this really boils down to. John McCain, after failing to win over the party faithful (also known as "conservatives") is now upset and seeking to make the party as inpalatable to them as his own campaign was. Remember when Ann Coulter threatened to support Hillary Clinton if McCain won the nomination?

http://russhargraves.blogspot.com/2009/10/attention-john-mccain-its-our-party-too.html

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I can not believe I voted for this sorry prick. He shafted the Repub. party with campaign reform legislation that limited donation from groups favored by Republicans but did nothing to limit union, trial lawyer, etc donations. Because of his stupidity, Obama had much more funds for his campaign. Even GWB was on the losing end of the amount of money raised for his campaign.

Rockefeller Repubs like McCain should STFU. He had his shot and blew it.

megimoo
10-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I can not believe I voted for this sorry prick. He shafted the Repub. party with campaign reform legislation that limited donation from groups favored by Republicans but did nothing to limit union, trial lawyer, etc donations. Because of his stupidity, Obama had much more funds for his campaign. Even GWB was on the losing end of the amount of money raised for his campaign.

Rockefeller Repubs like McCain should STFU. He had his shot and blew it.We didn't have much of a choice.It was either him or no vote at all .We were screwed either way with him or Obumbler.Even the Clinton Witch/Bitch would have been better .

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 12:15 PM
We didn't have much of a choice.It was either him or no vote at all .We were screwed either way with him or Obumbler.Even the Clinton Witch/Bitch would have been better .

I know. If the Repubs put up another piss-ant like him, it will make it that much harder to pull the trigger though.

linda22003
10-05-2009, 12:15 PM
At any rate, he won't be running again. The question is, where is the leadership in the Republican party? Who's going to be the standard-bearer next time?

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 12:27 PM
At any rate, he won't be running again. The question is, where is the leadership in the Republican party? Who's going to be the standard-bearer next time?

McCain reminds me of Jimmy Carter. A bad penny that keeps popping up all the time.

linda22003
10-05-2009, 12:30 PM
He's around a lot because he's still in elective office. It's hard to imagine him running for the top slot again, though. Unlike Romney, who's champing at the bit to get started on his next campaign.

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Unlike Romney, who's champing at the bit to get started on his next campaign.

Heard of chomping at the bit but not champing. Must be a French word.

linda22003
10-05-2009, 01:26 PM
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/champing+at+the+bit

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Unlike Romney, who's champing at the bit to get started on his next campaign.

Heard of chomping but not champing. Must be a French word or whoa horsey.

linda22003
10-05-2009, 01:28 PM
And I've heard of champing but not chomping, in terms of horses and bits.

PoliCon
10-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Heard of chomping at the bit but not champing. Must be a French word.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/champing+at+the+bit

Heard of chomping but not champing. Must be a French word or whoa horsey.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/I_hear_people_say_chomping_at_the_bit_and_champing _at_the_bit_are_both_correct

I hear people say chomping at the bit and champing at the bit are both correct?

"champing" is the original form -- it is still currently endorsed as the only correct form by the Associated Press and others; "chomping" may be considered "correct" now because of its over-misusue. Just like "ain't" is now in the dictionary -- just because it's been adopted on account of frequent use/misuse, doesn't necessarily vouch for its correctness. If you say "chomping" to more learned communities or members of the media, I would guess you'd receive some criticism. While you're are it, better throw in "between you and I" just to seal the deal.

Answer

They are alternate uses. Both are correct, although "chomping" is more often used.

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 01:41 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/I_hear_people_say_chomping_at_the_bit_and_champing _at_the_bit_are_both_correct

I stand corrected. Never heard of champing at the bit.

linda22003
10-05-2009, 02:03 PM
The only confusing part is why you didn't just assume I was right. ;)

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 02:17 PM
The only confusing part is why you didn't just assume I was right. ;)

I can understand your confusion.

Goldwater
10-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Mmm that is good english.