PDA

View Full Version : Dems: GOP rooting against America

Goldwater
10-05-2009, 12:26 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/27902.html

Please serious discussion only, none of the crazy "Dems want to kill my baby" stuff.

Many Democrats saw the outbursts following the IOC decision – the merry Tweets, videos of cheering conservatives and chest-thumping by party leaders like Newt Gingrich — as part of larger pattern that includes the flirtation of right-wing Texans like Gov. Rick Perry with secession and the caustic tone of right-wing talk radio, embodied by Rush Limbaugh’s “I want him to fail” comment about Obama in January.

Do you think the GOP are now the ones who go against America for political gain? Just like the left did when Bush was in office, has the right now become a parody of the left during those years?

PoliCon
10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
nope.

The rooting was against Obama succeeding not against America succeeding.

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 12:51 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/27902.html

Please serious discussion only, none of the crazy "Dems want to kill my baby" stuff.

Do you think the GOP are now the ones who go against America for political gain? Just like the left did when Bush was in office, has the right now become a parody of the left during those years?

Obama battle cry was hope and change and to be open and to unify both parties. We have gotten the change for the worse but hope has not worked out too great with unemployment at 9.8 percent. Being open and unifying both parties is a joke. Obama and the liberal Democrats in Congress have in essence said "screw you Republicans" we have the majority and we will ram it down your throats.

Conservatives want health care legislation (not a public option), want tort reform, want fewer abortions, want less gun controls, want lower taxes, don't want cap and trade. Let me ask YOU a question. Since Conservatives are OPPOSED to each one of these items and Democrats are in FAVOR of them, why would Conservatives want this Administration to succeed in their implementation????????????????????????????

Conservatives want the economy to improve but the Democrats are hell bent on raising taxes. Obama is breaking his promises on taxing the middle class. I hope you are not too stupid to realize that.

ralph wiggum
10-05-2009, 01:08 PM
I disagree with the entire premise. I don't think that hosting the Olympics is a good thing for a city, period. Just ask Atlanta.

Goldwater
10-05-2009, 01:18 PM
I disagree with the entire premise. I don't think that hosting the Olympics is a good thing for a city, period. Just ask Atlanta.

Thats a legitimate reason for opposition.

PoliCon
10-05-2009, 01:28 PM

It would be a good thing if these kinds of media events didn't also draw the nutters like shit draws flies.

FlaGator
10-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I remember DU wishing or economic collapse because the felt sure it would be the end of Bush. I also remember how enthusiastically those posted the count of soldiers killed and their countdown to 5,000. They also seemed to have a not so hidden joy after Katrina when it seemed to make the Bush administration look bad.

megimoo
10-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Thats a legitimate reason for opposition.
It has absolutely nothing to do with Patriotism !Obama's massive ego was hurt by the rejection and the Liberals are trying to cover his shame .

With all of the anti American hatred shown by the Liberals during GW Bush's watch they have nothing to moan about .They have shown how to carry anti American hatred to an extreme as evidenced when ever dead American solders came home from both Iraq and Afghanistan.

As I recall they raised particular hell when denied access to photograph an aircraft full of Military coffins .Now that the 'ONE' is in power they show absolutely no interest .The Ill conceived idea to hold the Olympic games in Chicago shows an astonishing lack of common sense and a disregard for the safety of the Olympic athletes . The entire strategy in my estimation was to distract America from the Dissolution of our Country and the total incompetence of their hero Obama !

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
It has absolutely nothing to do with Patriotism !Obama's massive ego was hurt by the rejection and the Liberals are trying to cover his shame .

With all of the anti American hatred shown by the Liberals during GW Bush's watch they have nothing to moan about .They have shown how to carry anti American hatred to an extreme as evidenced when ever dead American solders came home from both Iraq and Afghanistan.

As I recall they raised particular hell when denied access to photograph an aircraft full of Military coffins .Now that the 'ONE' is in power they show absolutely no interest .The Ill conceived idea to hold the Olympic games in Chicago shows an astonishing lack of common sense and a disregard for the safety of the Olympic athletes . The entire strategy in my estimation was to distract America from the Dissolution of our Country and the total incompetence of their hero Obama !

The sad truth is that Obama and the liberals have shown a propensity to blame everyone else for their shortcomings. Obama has painted America as a country with many faults. However, the stupid SOB has not singled out our goodness. His apology tour and the self serving importance of the O's turned off the IOC. This amateur has not learned that being President is not anything like being a community organizer. Obummer damaged the chances of gaining the games by his arrogance and incompetence. However, the fix was in; that part of the country has never hosted the games.

PoliCon
10-05-2009, 07:29 PM

It was mentioned on the radio that one of the people pushing for it - was doing so because it would be used as a way to clear out certain neighborhoods - ACORN neighborhoods - that are too close to their uper crust neighborhoods. They wanted to use it to clean up the slums. Go figure that the elite on the left would want to make their base homeless.