PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin's Guilt by Association

megimoo
10-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Rachel Maddow On Meet The Press: 'Roundtable On Political Discourse'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLaHxG1B_Q4&feature=player_embedded
On Sunday's Meet the Press, Republican strategist Mike Murphy and liberal news anchor Rachel Maddow clashed twice. The first skirmish broke out when Murphy took a broad swing at both MSNBC, Maddow's network, and Fox News. (Start the video above at 2:25):

Murphy: "There is a kind of freak show business now... We have one-party cable networks now, one of each, and what that does is dumbs down the debate."

Maddow, visibly irked by the idea that she works for a one-party network, jabbed back:

Maddow: Wait...Joe Scarborough [a conservative MSNBC news anchor], which network is he on? Which one-party network?

Murphy: He's on your liberal network.

Maddow: How is that a one-party network?

Murphy: I would take your prime time and Fox prime time and say it is... the same dance toward the dumbing of debate.

Then, after a brief retreat to their corners they resumed their fight over Sarah Palin's new book. Maddow criticized Palin for teaming up with a writer who had ties with an alleged "white supremacist." Murphy interjected:

Murphy: Sarah Palin's a lot of things, but she's not a white supremacist.

Maddow: I don't think she is. But when you can pick anybody, why would she pick somebody who's associated with the League of the South?

Murphy: That's sort of guilt by association stuff... it is so...not important to the central questions in the country right now. But that's what cable TV has become.

Maddow got the last word:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/features/view/feature/Sarah-Palins-Guilt-by-Association-158

lacarnut
10-05-2009, 07:33 PM
It is difficult for me to watch that butch bitch for more that 30 seconds.

NJCardFan
10-06-2009, 12:40 AM
It is difficult for me to watch that butch bitch for more that 30 seconds.

She's able to make that distinction which is about as off the wall as it gets, however she can't or won't make the distinctions about Obama and the Weather Underground and ACORN.

stsinner
10-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Tim Russert would have never had that ultra-partisan dyke on Meet the Press.. It has really gone down hill.. Meet the Press is like the pinnacle of talk shows to be invited onto, and if they'll have Maddow, they've really lowered their standards..

Obama can hang with Ayers and Wright, who is a black supremacist, and he gets a pass, but Palin doesn't get that some pass.. Nice logic, dyke.

PoliCon
10-06-2009, 06:07 AM
Does meet the press ever have a conservative on the show? Three center left and a far left madcow?

Constitutionally Speaking
10-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Does meet the press ever have a conservative on the show? Three center left and a far left madcow?

Reminds me of the old days before Reagan got the fairness doctrine canceled. Three liberals and a milquetoast psuedo-conservative like David Gergen was what they considered balanced.

PoliCon
10-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Reminds me of the old days before Reagan got the fairness doctrine canceled. Three liberals and a milquetoast psuedo-conservative like David Gergen was what they considered balanced.

It's kinda telling that they are willing to have a far lefty like Madcow but do they ever have Hannity or Beck or RUSH on there?

stsinner
10-06-2009, 05:31 PM
It's kinda telling that they are willing to have a far lefty like Madcow but do they ever have Hannity or Beck or RUSH on there?

In fact, they called Hannit, Beck and Rush fringe kooks in that very video and said that they don't represent the GOP base..

NJCardFan
10-07-2009, 06:52 AM
In fact, they called Hannit, Beck and Rush fringe kooks in that very video and said that they don't represent the GOP base..

And the so called Republican strategist said that they couldn't deliver a pizza.