PDA

View Full Version : Some Idaho school kids enjoy an early snow day

bijou
10-07-2009, 09:44 AM
BELLEVUE -- Just one week ago, we were bracing for a "cool down" from the 80s to the 60s.

Now, it's getting downright wintry. And in some parts of our viewing area, snow is piling up.

This may be one for the record books, not only how early this heavy fall snowstorm is, but the fact that it appears to have created the earliest snow day in the history of the Blaine County School District. ...

http://www.ktvb.com/news/nearyou/woodriver/ktvbn-oct0509-wood_river_power.1e96b181a.html

Gingersnap
10-07-2009, 09:47 AM
We're looking at snow tomorrow. It will be enough to be annoying but not enough to ski on. :mad:

linda22003
10-07-2009, 09:50 AM
70 and sunny here today. A little cooler tomorrow. The nights are getting into the low fifties, and my husband will turn on the pilot for the gas fireplace this weekend. The downstairs fireplace is woodburning, and it's almost time to bring in the first wagon-load of wood to start drying out for burning. :)

bijou
10-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Weather is still mild here, I am harvesting the last of the tomatoes and sweetcorn and the autumn raspberries are cropping plentifully.

Gingersnap
10-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Weather is still mild here, I am harvesting the last of the tomatoes and sweetcorn and the autumn raspberries are cropping plentifully.

Your superior gardening weather is why England is universally despised by countries with more "diverse" climates. :mad:

:D