PDA

View Full Version : Sebelius: Americans must get swine flu vaccination

megimoo
10-07-2009, 12:54 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) - Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius appealed anew Wednesday for widespread inoculation against a surging swine flu threat, calling the vaccine "safe and secure."

Sebelius unconditionally vouched for the safety of the vaccine, saying it "has been made exactly the same way seasonal vaccine has been made, year in and year out."

Appearing on morning news shows to step up the Obama administration's campaign for vaccinations, Sebelius said that "the adverse effects are minimal. ... We know it's safe and secure. ... This is definitely is a safe vaccine for people to get."

Sebelius was asked on CNN about surveys showing many parents were wary of getting their children vaccinated for fear the vaccine has been too hastily prepared and wasn't safe. She replied that it was targeted specifically at the H1N1 virus and was "right on target with an immune response."

The HHS secretary appeared as new cases of the flu, particularly among younger people, have been appearing recently. Some 600 people have died so far from the flu in this country, and the government has targeted roughly 90,000 sites to receive the swine flu vaccine by the end of this month.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091007/D9B67SCG0.html

Rockntractor
10-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Skanky Ho come after me with a needle she be needing a whole bunch of vaccinations!

PS: Was Ho supposed to be capitalized?

lacarnut
10-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Skanky Ho come after me with a needle she be needing a whole bunch of vaccinations!

Ho is always capitalized.:) It has been 5 years since I rec. a flu shot. Think I will pass on this one as there has been a great deal of controversy about the vaccine.

FreeAmerican
10-07-2009, 02:15 PM

If anyone tries taking a needle to me, they will be needing to visit a dentist.

FlaGator
10-07-2009, 03:19 PM
I look forward to the flu. It gets me a few days off at work.

linda22003
10-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Another misleading headline. It doesn't say anywhere that Americans MUST get the vaccine.

Rockntractor
10-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Another misleading headline. It doesn't say anywhere that Americans MUST get the vaccine.
If Obama ever fires Gibbs and needs a new press secretary you would be a good replacement!

Bongo55
10-07-2009, 05:33 PM
All I'll say is kathy fuck off.

megimoo
10-07-2009, 06:11 PM
If Obama ever fires Gibbs and needs a new press secretary you would be a good replacement!
Tell the old crow that she needs glasses !

Sebelius: Americans must get swine flu vaccination AP

WASHINGTON -- Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius appealed anew Wednesday for widespread inoculation against a surging swine flu threat, calling the vaccine "safe and secure.

http://www.seattlepi.com/health/1500ap_us_us_swine_flu.html?source=mypi

Rockntractor
10-07-2009, 06:22 PM

WASHINGTON -- Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius appealed anew Wednesday for widespread inoculation against a surging swine flu threat, calling the vaccine "safe and secure.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/215_crow_wearing_glasses.jpg?t=1254954114

megimoo
10-07-2009, 06:25 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/215_crow_wearing_glasses.jpg?t=1254954114
Offer it to Numbers as her new Wing Ding !

Eagle
10-07-2009, 06:38 PM
So far all things that this administration has done seems to be politically motivated to basically buy votes. Why should we believe them on this seemingly over hyped strain of flu. Most that have died have had other underlying diseases that has weakened their systems before hand and probably any flu would have killed them. If everybody gets the vaccine and nothing big happens they will be out there self aggrandizing themselves claiming that they saved the country. On the other hand if people just don't believe them and do not get the vaccine and no big plague happens then they just look like theiir party symbol, an ass.

lacarnut
10-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Since I do not have any underlying health problems, the Ho can go screw herself.:eek::)

megimoo
10-07-2009, 08:51 PM
So far all things that this administration has done seems to be politically motivated to basically buy votes. Why should we believe them on this seemingly over hyped strain of flu. Most that have died have had other underlying diseases that has weakened their systems before hand and probably any flu would have killed them. If everybody gets the vaccine and nothing big happens they will be out there self aggrandizing themselves claiming that they saved the country. On the other hand if people just don't believe them and do not get the vaccine and no big plague happens then they just look like theiir party symbol, an ass.

I have a problem understanding how votes are going to help the Liberal Democrats this time.They have left America in ruins during this Congressional session with their social engineering and mindless meddling in a perfectly good recoverable economy .

Between Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and the top Democrat Economic leadership they have really screwed America this time and most thinking Americans knows it !

The Liberal Democrats caused the failures by turning both Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac into an Liberal Re_election 'Piggy Bank' with their own directors stealing funds and making large political contributions to high ranking Liberal Democratic leaders .

By using unaccountable and unreliable accounting procedures and outlandishly inflated Directors compensations along with massive unsecured lending they destroyed the solvency of both Institutions.

They drained our economy of reserves by forcing the large lending institutions to make high risk,unsecured housing loans to poor risks and when the property was abandoned tying up cash reserves in Dead,unrecoverable Real Estate loans .

By making housing loans to people who had no visible source of income the Capitol based system stalled and was virtually without funds to fuel the economy and the banks stopped making loans.

The glut of 'dead' housing stalled the building trade and the ripple effect
stopped the economic cycle cold dead in it's tracks putting millions of people out of work .

The liberal Democrats are unable to hold an honest open meeting with their constituents these days without carefully selecting who is able to speak .Most town hall type open house meetings have been a disaster for the Congressional liberals this cycle.The people are extremely angry and blame the liberal Democrats in Congress and the incompetent White House for this economic disaster .

And the beat goes on !

linda22003
10-08-2009, 07:37 AM

appealed = requested, not mandated
widespread = common, but not universal

Your powers of interpretation are even more feeble than I had guessed. I don't think you did the headline - you seldom contribute any original thought - but it does not say "must", which means it's mandated.