PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Bachman: Problem Bigger Than Just ACORN

megimoo
10-07-2009, 01:14 PM
This is not just one nonprofit breaking the law; it's downright theft from taxpayers for political purposes, and it's Democratic political corruption that stinks to high heaven.
.................................................. ......................

ACORN's scandals hit a nerve with conservatives. It's likely no one in the media would understand why even if they were to try.

Congresswoman Michelle Bachman, however, gets right what so many people have missed, which is that the real problem with ACORN is that it's not just ACORN.

She is quoted in The Hill saying there needs to be "a ‘strong investigation' into a variety of nonprofits in the wake of political corruption allegations at ACORN," and that, "a broader investigation of other nonprofit organizations is needed because they could be using federal funds to influence the outcome of elections, like ACORN did."

"No political party should be funded through a quote ‘nonprofit,'" Mrs. Bachman added.

For years conservatives have been warning that taxpayer money going to nonprofits is being used to benefit the Democratic Party. Nonprofits that are, or as they become, dependent on taxpayer money, are invariably supporters of Big Government.

There are thousands of nonprofits getting taxpayer money that not only couldn't care less if a conservative ever held office, but that support Democratic policies and politicians, and are actively working to defeat conservative principles.

The Republican Party has been a big enabler of Democrats' using taxpayer money to turn cities, counties and even states bluer.

It's nice to see that someone in Congress understands the bigger picture and the more troubling aspects of how too many nonprofits use taxpayer money for partisan purposes.

http://www.americanthinker.com/printpage/?url=http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/10/rep_bachman_problem_bigger_tha.html

Constitutionally Speaking
10-07-2009, 03:29 PM
I've been saying this for decades.

Republicans and businesses have literally been funding their enemies when they donate/give money to many of these non-profits.

The Sierra Club, ASPCA, the Humane Society, the World Wildlife fund - ALL are very insidious organizations that undermine our freedoms as Americans - those are just those who masquerade as innocent charities that help fight animal cruelty - but it is just a cover.

There are literally thousands of groups like ACORN that brainwash our kids and influence citizens with false information on other issues regarding homelessness and the poor.

There are thousands more that fraudulently represent themselves as international ambassadors who do nothing other than undermine our country.

FlaGator
10-07-2009, 04:41 PM
I sit on the board of a non-profit charity that helps provide food, clothing and medical care to those who can not afford these things and we have nasty time getting a dime from the federal government. I can't understand how groups that seem to be basically politically motivated manage to get millions and we can't get the government to cough up any thing greater than a couple thousand pounds of FDA food every month. That sounds like a lot but really it doesn't come close to meeting the needs of those we service.

NJCardFan
10-07-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm a huge supporter of the ASPCA and the Humane Society because I like the work they do. And the only WWF that sees my money is the former World Wrestling Federation(WWE).

xavierob82
10-07-2009, 05:31 PM
The only non-profit I've ever given to is the ACLU via the CFC. Seperation of church and state and the upholding of civil liberties is of utmost importance to me.

megimoo
10-07-2009, 06:23 PM
The only non-profit I've ever given to is the ACLU via the CFC. Seperation of church and state and the upholding of civil liberties is of utmost importance to me.Don't be afraid of the KKK the Exalted Cyclops and Grand Kleagle is too old to ride a horse these days !

patriot45
10-07-2009, 07:26 PM
The only non-profit I've ever given to is the ACLU via the CFC. Seperation of church and state and the upholding of civil liberties is of utmost importance to me.

Oh shit, Rock was right! You are too easy, what is the sepaaration of church and state?

Thank God for 1 jackass! What do they say about a fool and its money!

The constitution states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Both the free exercise clause and the establishment clause place restrictions on the government concerning laws they pass or interfering with religion. No restrictions are placed on religions except perhaps that a religious denomination cannot become the state religion.

However, currently the implied common meaning and the use of the metaphor is strictly for the church staying out of the state's business. The opposite meaning essentially cannot in be found in the media, the judiciary, or in public debate and is not any part of the agenda of the ACLU or the judiciary.

Constitutionally Speaking
10-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm a huge supporter of the ASPCA and the Humane Society because I like the work they do. And the only WWF that sees my money is the former World Wrestling Federation(WWE).

The groups in question spend a lot of money to restrict both 2nd amendment and hunting rights.

I also support ending needless cruelty to animals, but these groups will never see another dime from me.