PDA

View Full Version : When environmentalism becomes evil.

ExLiberal
10-09-2009, 01:27 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-16231-Maricopa-County-Conservative-Examiner~y2009m9d17-The-Delta-smelt-a-fish-more-important-than-people

This is about a month old but has anyone heard about this? My heart goes out to all those poor farmers and their families lining up at food banks. It's so cruel =(

Rockntractor
10-09-2009, 01:39 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-16231-Maricopa-County-Conservative-Examiner~y2009m9d17-The-Delta-smelt-a-fish-more-important-than-people

This is about a month old but has anyone heard about this? My heart goes out to all those poor farmers and their families lining up at food banks. It's so cruel =(

Hannity did a show on location about it not long ago.

ExLiberal
10-09-2009, 01:53 AM
Yeah he apparently did and update today about how the farmers and protestors are seeking revenge but I missed it. I'm so glad he's giving this the national attention it needs.

djones520
10-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Hannity did a show on location about it not long ago.

He's done several shows on it. Congress critters are certainly doing a good job in trying to alienate California.

Constitutionally Speaking
10-09-2009, 08:38 AM
The environmental movement in America IS evil and has been so for quite a while.

There are good people who want and work for a cleaner environment but nearly every group you ever hear about is a radical anti-human and anti American organization.

PoliCon
10-09-2009, 09:55 AM
He's done several shows on it. Congress critters are certainly doing a good job in trying to alienate California.

GOOD! >:^} The more the left alienates the better!

ExLiberal
10-09-2009, 08:50 PM
The environmental movement in America IS evil and has been so for quite a while.

There are good people who want and work for a cleaner environment but nearly every group you ever hear about is a radical anti-human and anti American organization.

What I don't get is- they all believe in evolution, they all believe humans are animals in this chain, they all believe in natural selection and survival of the fittest....so why are they so angry that we (the fittest) are trying to survive, and killing out other species in the process? Isn't this natural? Why are humans the only evil ones for fulfilling their evolutionary role?

I love animals and I think we should handle them responsibly and ethically but there's no way I'm ever, ever putting them above or even remotely equal to humans. And I really don't care when species go extinct either (but maybe that's just me). At least not species like a useless 2 inch delta fish. I always knew there were radical environmental wackos in this country but I never knew they were in our own government. Why can't they use the clause in the Endangered Species Act that permits the species to die out for the sake of the economy? Isn't this a perfect example of that?

ExLiberal
10-09-2009, 08:54 PM
GOOD! >:^} The more the left alienates the better!

Haha, true. Although we did manage to pass prop 8! A small sign of hope for our depraved state:)

Gingersnap
10-09-2009, 10:03 PM
What I don't get is- they all believe in evolution, they all believe humans are animals in this chain, they all believe in natural selection and survival of the fittest....so why are they so angry that we (the fittest) are trying to survive, and killing out other species in the process? Isn't this natural? Why are humans the only evil ones for fulfilling their evolutionary role?

They believe that unlike all other animals, human beings have the capacity to defer self-interest on behalf of other animals. This is kind of odd but it is what they believe.

They don't believe in the Disney 'Circle of Life' thing so much as they believe in the Brotherhood of Beings. Sadly, no other animals believe in the Brotherhood of Beings.

If their initial position is true (we and all life exist simply to pass on genetic material), then there is absolutely no reason not to eat everything on the planet and pave the what's left. I mean, why not? So long a we find a way to continue breeding, there is simply no utility is preserving anything.

DNA/RNA doesn't give a crap about Nature, Beauty, Truth or any of that Western Civ stuff. If there is no ultimate reckoning with the Creator, then it hardly matters if we trash the place. Basically, it would be like worrying about dropping a beer bottle on the floor of a shack that's going to be torched shortly.

ExLiberal
10-09-2009, 10:52 PM
They believe that unlike all other animals, human beings have the capacity to defer self-interest on behalf of other animals. This is kind of odd but it is what they believe.

They don't believe in the Disney 'Circle of Life' thing so much as they believe in the Brotherhood of Beings. Sadly, no other animals believe in the Brotherhood of Beings.

If their initial position is true (we and all life exist simply to pass on genetic material), then there is absolutely no reason not to eat everything on the planet and pave the what's left. I mean, why not? So long a we find a way to continue breeding, there is simply no utility is preserving anything.

DNA/RNA doesn't give a crap about Nature, Beauty, Truth or any of that Western Civ stuff. If there is no ultimate reckoning with the Creator, then it hardly matters if we trash the place. Basically, it would be like worrying about dropping a beer bottle on the floor of a shack that's going to be torched shortly.

Seriously. If life is so horrible and worthless, why are they so desperate to preserve it? Or I should say, desperate to preserve the most horrible and worthless part about it- animals. Animals are meant to be food for both animals and humans- what a horrible lifestyle for them! Even if PETA took over and banned meat the animals in the wild would still be tearing each other apart. Shouldn't we end their misery? And PLANTS. Poor plants. Constantly being raped of their dignity... stepped on like bugs and picked from their homes for evil maniacal human consumption. Not to mention animal consumption. Billons of plants slaughtered every year. So it seems that plants and animals have incredibly depressing, nihilistic lives, with no ultimate glory, worth, sanctity or value...so why should we bother to conserve them? Liberals don't care about babies (also a part of nature, you know) being slaughtered in mass for the sake of convenience because there's no such thing as sanctity of life! We are all blobs of cells here by accident! So why do they scream and cry when plants and animals are "aborted" for the same reason? Surely they can't believe that humans have no sanctity of life...but plants and animals do? Or maybe this is exactly what they believe. Maybe this is one of the many deluded tenets of the fundamental church of liberalism, whose ultimate goal is to reverse everything ever.

Next on the hate crime list- homosapiens.

Gingersnap
10-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Having grown up pretty close to Nature, I'm always amused by the latte-sipping, loft-dweller view of it.

When you put a round into an elk's heart, the elk dies within a couple of minutes. Is this painless? I doubt it but adrenaline does wonderful things so I don't believe this end tragically painful. Even if you miss a bit get a lung shot, the end comes pretty quick.

Let's review how elk die naturally. Generally speaking, elk die in one of two ways: the elk gets old, injured, or diseased and manages to avoid predators only to die of hypothermia alone in a snowbank or the elk gets slow, old, injured or diseased and is torn apart alive by wolves, cougars, a pack of coyotes or some other combination of predators.

Shockingly, these predators don't actually kill the elk before snacking down on his or her juicy guts. Slow or immobile is all they want. They are happy to eat on the hoof, as it were. What a horrific death that must be.

ExLiberal
10-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Having grown up pretty close to Nature, I'm always amused by the latte-sipping, loft-dweller view of it.

When you put a round into an elk's heart, the elk dies within a couple of minutes. Is this painless? I doubt it but adrenaline does wonderful things so I don't believe this end tragically painful. Even if you miss a bit get a lung shot, the end comes pretty quick.

Let's review how elk die naturally. Generally speaking, elk die in one of two ways: the elk gets old, injured, or diseased and manages to avoid predators only to die of hypothermia alone in a snowbank or the elk gets slow, old, injured or diseased and is torn apart alive by wolves, cougars, a pack of coyotes or some other combination of predators.

Shockingly, these predators don't actually kill the elk before snacking down on his or her juicy guts. Slow or immobile is all they want. They are happy to eat on the hoof, as it were. What a horrific death that must be.

Yes, exactly! This is what I always want to tell all these anti-hunting people. There are so many horrible ways animals die in the wilderness. If I had the choice of being killed by starvation, disease, hypothermia, drowning, suffocation, eaten alive, burned in a wildfire....or shot.... I think it's obvious what I'd choose, and I'm sure every animal would agree with me. Hunting is beautiful, it's a way of life, and it's 100,000 times better than these deplorable factory farms we have here in the US. Animal rights environmentalists should be grateful that people hunt. They're doing animals a huge favor. Somebody get the memo to Cass Sunstein.