PDA

View Full Version : McCain: As Americans, We’re Proud Of Our President

megimoo
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
McCain: As Americans, We’re Proud Of Our President [NOT SATIRE]
"John McCain has gone senile in his old age.The skin Cancer has damaged his Brain !"

Senator John McCain, in a CNN interview to air Sunday, comments on Obama’s Nobel, and seems to express genuine pride at this achievement by an American president, putting him at odds with RNC chair Michael Steele’s harsh statement condeming Obama’s “star power” and lack of concrete accomplishments.

CNN sends over an advance transcript:

JOHN KING: The president of the United States, who a year ago this weekend was your campaign rival heading into the final month of the campaign, is the Nobel Peace laureate for 2009. Deserved?

SEN. JOHN MCCAIN: Oh, I’m sure that the president is very honored to receive this award. And Nobel Committee, I can’t divine all their intentions, but I think part of their decision-making was expectations. And I’m sure the president understands that he now has even more to live up to. But as Americans, we’re proud when our president receives an award of that prestigious category.

KING: Did it surprise you, a little more than eight months into office, at a time when, yes, he has set some lofty goals around the world, but he has not won more NATO troops for Afghanistan, he has not convinced the Israelis to do what he says is necessary to sit down with the Palestinians? Were you surprised?

MCCAIN: Well, I think all of us were surprised at — at the decision. But I — I think Americans are always pleased when their president is recognized by something on this order.

McCain said that Obama’s Nobel was based on “expectations,” which could either be a very subtle dig or a genuine effort to account for the decision. Either way, this statement is overwhelmingly congratulatory in nature. Indeed, McCain spokesperson Brooke Buchanan sends over an unequivocal thumbs-up from McCain:

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/president-obama/mccain-as-americans-were-proud-of-our-president/

djones520
10-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Personally, I feel sorry for Obama on this.

He seemed to have been blindsided just like the rest of us by this, yet he's catching hell from all directions on it. Sure, maybe he should have refused to accept it, but all in all the blame should be laid on the Nobel Committee, not him.

stsinner
10-09-2009, 03:41 PM
McCain has lost his mind.

Apache
10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
SEN. JOHN MCCAIN: ... But as Americans, we’re proud when our president receives an award of that prestigious category.
Just STFU McStain :mad: You don't speak for me...

Rockntractor
10-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Worthless son of a bitch brown nosing asshole!:mad:

PoliCon
10-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Just STFU McStain :mad: You don't speak for me...

agreed.

Hawkgirl
10-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Someone needs to call McCain and tell he's not relevant anymore.

patriot45
10-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Personally, I feel sorry for Obama on this.

He seemed to have been blindsided just like the rest of us by this, yet he's catching hell from all directions on it. Sure, maybe he should have refused to accept it, but all in all the blame should be laid on the Nobel Committee, not him.

That big head is just getting bigger, there is nothing he can't do! We are *ucked! Trust me he is looking in the mirror as we type!

Apocalypse
10-09-2009, 07:22 PM
McCain has lost his mind.I don't agree with that, I think McCain is playing his limited hand the best he can.

If any GOP leader comes out and openly denounces the award or says some thing to the context that they are ashamed of 0 after he gets this award, even under such BS grounds as it is, he will immediately be attacked and labeled a hate-monger and worse. After all, it is a very honorable award for any one to recieve. By saying this, he can bide his time and wait for a better screw up. In addition, think about it, he was awarded this because he "MIGHT" do some thing great. If he doesn't, then we can beat him with his phony award.

lacarnut
10-10-2009, 12:45 AM
If my President is not proud of America, why should I be proud of him. His wife comments confirm that. McCain and Carter need medical care for senility.

Rockntractor
10-10-2009, 12:48 AM
If my President is not proud of America, why should I be proud of him. His wife comments confirm that. McCain and Carter need medical care for senility.

Carter is a traitor. I'm not ready to say that about McCain yet so I will go with stupid!

ExLiberal
10-10-2009, 02:30 AM
john mccain is a DU plant !!!!

Speedy
10-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Proud? In all honesty, I feel embarassed. Obama is a laughing stock.

Linda
10-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Worthless son of a bitch brown nosing asshole!:mad:

You got that right....