PDA

View Full Version : Home ownership, here I come!

jendf
10-09-2009, 03:38 PM
In an hour and a half, I'll be heading to the title office to sign the closing papers on my first house.

I have a lot of nervous energy right now.

I'm looking forward to moving out of the apartment and kissing my renting days goodbye. I'm still sort of in awe that I was able to do this on my own, with my piddly little salary.

Life is full of surprises.

When I get all moved, I'll try and take some pics so you all can see it.

linda22003
10-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Good for you, Jen! Come back and see us more often!

bijou
10-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Congratulations! I hope you'll be very happy in your new home. :)

megimoo
10-09-2009, 03:59 PM
In an hour and a half, I'll be heading to the title office to sign the closing papers on my first house.

I'm looking forward to moving out of the apartment and kissing my renting days goodbye. I'm still sort of in awe that I was able to do this on my own, with my piddly little salary.

When I get all moved, I'll try and take some pics so you all can see it.Good for you now get out the paint and roller and start redecorating !

SarasotaRepub
10-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Big Congrats Jen!!

You will now join millions in MORTGAGE DEBT-SLAVERY ala tinyhouse.:eek::D

BSR
10-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Pictures of your house please....

aerojarod
10-09-2009, 04:36 PM

When I get all moved, I'll try and take some pics so you all can see it.

Stay focused.

Don't do what I did and get in a fender bender on the way to the closing.

Kinda soured the whole experience.

Also, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

asdf2231
10-09-2009, 05:31 PM
WOOTAGE!!!! Greyt Jen!

You DID look at the original survey sheets to make sure that it wasn't built on an Indian graveyard or the place where the old insane asylum used to be with the secret subbasement nobody knew about that might have a connecting tunnel, right?

:D

JB
10-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Good job Jenny. Congratulations and good luck.

Bubba Dawg
10-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Congrats Jen.

Enjoy your new place. :)

jendf
10-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Stay focused.

Don't do what I did and get in a fender bender on the way to the closing.

Kinda soured the whole experience.

Also, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

OMG...nothing like that happened. Thank goodness.

Although my hand is a little sore from signing my name 8 million times or so. :D

jendf
10-09-2009, 10:03 PM
WOOTAGE!!!! Greyt Jen!

You DID look at the original survey sheets to make sure that it wasn't built on an Indian graveyard or the place where the old insane asylum used to be with the secret subbasement nobody knew about that might have a connecting tunnel, right?

:D

Ha! No, I didn't do that.

Stupid me though did watch a local news story about how a woman's house was infested with scorpions. I'm going to be so paranoid now.

jendf
10-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Big Congrats Jen!!

You will now join millions in MORTGAGE DEBT-SLAVERY ala tinyhouse.:eek::D

You know, since my mortgage payment is almost $50 less than my rent payment, I think I'll take it! :D

Gingersnap
10-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Ha! No, I didn't do that.

Stupid me though did watch a local news story about how a woman's house was infested with scorpions. I'm going to be so paranoid now.

Congratulations, Jen! It's a heady experience to buy a house. When do you close?

jendf
10-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Congratulations, Jen! It's a heady experience to buy a house. When do you close?

I signed the papers today. I'll get the keys on Monday.

Gingersnap
10-09-2009, 10:25 PM
I signed the papers today. I'll get the keys on Monday.

Cool! It seemed like we always had to wait a month - it was so annoying. When we bought this place the former owners had left on time (that isn't always true) but they'd left themselves no time to clean the place. Yuk.

How long do you think it will take you move? I remember when I could move everything I owned in one car load. Those days are long gone now. :D

SarasotaRepub
10-09-2009, 10:31 PM
You know, since my mortgage payment is almost $50 less than my rent payment, I think I'll take it! :D

I was kidding, a recent troll called tinyhouse called all Mortgage payers slaves.
The thread is in GD, I'm sure you can find it.

When I bought my first home it was pretty simple including the signing. There was
some extra stuff because I was single at the time but other than that it was very
straight forward and I was in and out in under an hour.

Gingersnap
10-09-2009, 10:39 PM
I was kidding, a recent troll called tinyhouse called all Mortgage payers slaves.
The thread is in GD, I'm sure you can find it.

When I bought my first home it was pretty simple including the signing. There was
some extra stuff because I was single at the time but other than that it was very
straight forward and I was in and out in under an hour.

This last place? I finally came into the 21st century and gave a limited power of attorney to my real estate agent and made her go to closing. We had already read all the paperwork and flown it past our lawyer. Finally we bought a house without driving to East Jesus to spend 2 hours signing papers and eating stale donuts.

SarasotaRepub
10-09-2009, 10:54 PM
This last place? I finally came into the 21st century and gave a limited power of attorney to my real estate agent and made her go to closing. We had already read all the paperwork and flown it past our lawyer. Finally we bought a house without driving to East Jesus to spend 2 hours signing papers and eating stale donuts.

LOL! :D

Well, it ended up the place I bought was from a sis & bro from Canada. It all ended up well.

Well...except from the renters.

The GovMint was after them!!!

I'm making more of this than I should but I did have the
COPS in my driveway. In 2002. Looking for the previous rentors.

jendf
10-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Cool! It seemed like we always had to wait a month - it was so annoying. When we bought this place the former owners had left on time (that isn't always true) but they'd left themselves no time to clean the place. Yuk.

How long do you think it will take you move? I remember when I could move everything I owned in one car load. Those days are long gone now. :D

It shouldn't take me long to move at all. I'm not a packrat by any means.

I should have all the boxes hauled over in two, maybe three, trips using my dad's pick-up truck.

The movers will get the big stuff.

If I can get it done in a couple of days, that would be awesome. But just in case, I took next Monday and Tuesday off so I have four days (with the weekend) to do it. I can always use that extra time to go shopping for stuff for my house. :D