PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Thread: How did you sleep?

Bubba Dawg
10-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Cool and cloudy on the Mountain. We had rain Friday night and may get more today. The leaves are starting to turn. I love Autumn.

I slept well last night. Some nights I do, some nights I don't. I feel that sleep is important to health. Which leads to the TOTD for today:

TOTD: How do you sleep?

cool room or warm?
lots of covers or just a sheet and blanket?
more than one pillow?

do you sleep on your back or side or what?

what do you like to wear for sleeping?

do you dream much and remember your dreams?

do you like to use a noise maker or have the window open to listen to night sounds?

do you like to sleep late when you can?

djones520
10-11-2009, 08:00 AM
TOTD: Lately, I feel like I haven't been...

But I generally like mild room, one blanket, on my side. I'll usually just wear boxers, but it's a relatively recent thing. For the last 10 years I've had to have a shirt on. Broke my left collar bone twice as a kid and I developed a sligh psychologic "tic" where I would just feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable if I didn't have the constant weight of a shirt resting against it. I'm a frequent dreamer. Sometimes I'll remember, sometimes I won't. When I take things like NyQuil, the dreams are extremely vivid and tend to leave an impact for day or two. Noise doesn't really bother me that much... Had to teach myself how to sleep while fighter jets are taking off half a mile away. And sleeping late is a luxury I no longer have with a 1.5 year old son.

Bubba Dawg
10-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Yep, kids can change sleep patterns.

When I lived in the city, night sounds were not pleasant, There was the constant roar of traffic and sirens and things like that. I took to sleeping with a noismaker on the 'rain' setting. Very soothing.

I like to have a window open unless it is too hot or too cold. In summer, the sound of crickets and frogs and katy dids are very nice.

Shannon
10-11-2009, 09:22 AM
I like a cool room but I always have to have my wooby. I don't use pillows. I don't have one sleep position. I'm told that I flail about all night. I dream vividly every night. I always remember them. I can't fall asleep without the TV on.

Bubba Dawg
10-11-2009, 09:23 AM
I like a cool room but I always have to have my wooby. I don't use pillows. I don't have one sleep position. I'm told that I flail about all night. I dream vividly every night. I always remember them. I can't fall asleep without the TV on.

wooby? :confused:

Shannon
10-11-2009, 09:24 AM

How many times do I have to explain this?

djones520
10-11-2009, 09:24 AM

Security Blanket, Teddy Bear, etc...

Bubba Dawg
10-11-2009, 09:29 AM
wooby

Security Blanket, Teddy Bear, etc...

Soil form her native Transylvania?

Shannon
10-11-2009, 09:29 AM
And sleeping late is a luxury I no longer have with a 1.5 year old son.

LOL. I remember those days. Tristan had a favorite book when he was about 2. One of the lines from it was "The sun is up". He would stand in his doorway (childgate) and scream down the hallway to me "The sun is up ,Mommy, the sun is up" every morning.:)

Shannon
10-11-2009, 09:31 AM
wooby

Soil form her native Transylvania?

We don't all come from Transylvania.:rolleyes:

linda22003
10-11-2009, 10:34 AM
cool room or warm?
more than one pillow?

do you like to use a noise maker or have the window open to listen to night sounds?

cool
light covers
side
nothing
maybe; not usually
I fall asleep too fast to know what any sounds might be around
I usually get up at the same time (~6) no matter what day it is

Bubba Dawg
10-11-2009, 10:58 AM
cool
light covers
side
nothing
maybe; not usually
I fall asleep too fast to know what any sounds might be around
I usually get up at the same time (~6) no matter what day it is

Any pics of you in your jammies? :D

Rockntractor
10-11-2009, 10:59 AM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek:

Shannon
10-11-2009, 10:59 AM

Bubba, behave!:mad:

Bubba Dawg
10-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Bubba, behave!:mad:

Okay. :o

Dang, I always get in trouble.

Crapouillot
10-11-2009, 11:07 AM
We don't all come from Transylvania.:rolleyes:

Mon oui, but the most petite ones do.

I'm sure Bubba naturally assumed....why do I hear music?

Bubba Dawg
10-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Mon oui, but the most petite ones do.

I'm sure Bubba naturally assumed....why do I hear music?

RUN Crappy! RUN!!!! :eek:

Rockntractor
10-11-2009, 11:15 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/all-i-know-did-i-skip-the-best-part.jpg?t=1255274051
:D

hampshirebrit
10-11-2009, 11:54 AM
How many times do I have to explain this?

At least one more, for the n00bs, at least.

linda22003
10-11-2009, 01:06 PM

No. They need to be ironed. :o

Teetop
10-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Cool and cloudy on the Mountain. We had rain Friday night and may get more today. The leaves are starting to turn. I love Autumn.

I slept well last night. Some nights I do, some nights I don't. I feel that sleep is important to health. Which leads to the TOTD for today:

TOTD: How do you sleep?

cool room or warm?
more than one pillow?

Cool and cold the last couple of days,highs in the mid 40's and lows around 32. Drizzle friday night into sat., but just not enough moisture.

Lately, I have been taking vitamins and I have been sleeping so well. I feel much better overall, as well.

I sleep usually on my back, but begin sleep on one side or the other. One pillow, I want to get another one, but will wait until I find some I like.

I sleep in a somewhat colder room than most people like, with just sheets and one blanket on me.

Usually sleep in PJ bottoms with a T-shirt.

As my grandmother did, my feet have to be outside of the sheets, while I sleep.:eek:

Bubba Dawg
10-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Cool and cold the last couple of days,highs in the mid 40's and lows around 32. Drizzle friday night into sat., but just not enough moisture.

Lately, I have been taking vitamins and I have been sleeping so well. I feel much better overall, as well.

I sleep usually on my back, but begin sleep on one side or the other. One pillow, I want to get another one, but will wait until I find some I like.

I sleep in a somewhat colder room than most people like, with just sheets and one blanket on me.

Usually sleep in PJ bottoms with a T-shirt.

As my grandmother did, my feet have to be outside of the sheets, while I sleep.:eek:

Maybe we're related. I usually have one foot out from under the covers. :D

Teetop
10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Maybe we're related. I usually have one foot out from under the covers. :D

Could be???

My grandfather come to Texas from western Virginia. I come from a line of moonshiners.:o

Bubba Dawg
10-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Could be???

My grandfather come to Texas from western Virginia. I come from a line of moonshiners.:o

Mine came through Virginia and South Carolina to Georgia. Some went west to Texas, maybe beyond.

We're maybe both from the cool foot line of the family. :D

My folks made shine too.

lurkalot
10-11-2009, 10:57 PM
I took the bug horseback riding yesterday. Not the typical ponies but roping and cutting horses. So of course before she would get on she wanted Mama to prove it was safe. There is a reason I dont' ride horse anymore..its because I am too damned OLD :eek:

So in answer to how I sleep/slept? Barely, painfully, fitfully, spastically.....
and then it was up at five a.m. to wrap the bug in a quilt and off to work we go....

RobJohnson
10-12-2009, 03:14 AM
Another nice day.

TOTD: I like a cool, and almost cold room, with one farily heavy blanket/quilt. If I cant get comfortable in my bed, I move to the recliner, or if I fall asleep in the recliner, I move to the bed, etc...

I also like noise, a fan, tv or radio helps me fall asleep. So does my pain medication. :D