PDA

View Full Version : Some Friends of Bob

AlmostThere
10-12-2009, 09:17 AM
My grandmother always told me that it is imperative that you know your enemy. You have to know what he thinks, how he thinks and why he thinks. Keeping that in mind I was listening to some audio files put out by Bob Avakian. I think my granny would agree that ole Bob is at the top of the list. Bob is the Chairman of the Revolutionary Communist Party of the U.S.A.. There is a web site I ran across this evening, http://www.engagewithbobavakian.org/index.html. Engage is a group of like-minded individuals who want to project and protect the voice of Avakian. After reading their mission statement, I got the impression that if they believed there was a God, Bob would be sitting at his right hand, not Christ. There were some signatories on Engage that I recognized as well. Take a look at the entire list. It will scare the shit out of you when you see how many supporters of this man are professors at major universities. I noticed a number of religious leaders as well. I found that amusing considering the audio I was listening too was Avakian explaining why religion is a farce.

Remember, this man is the Chairman of the Revolutionary Communist Party of the U.S.A.. Just a few of his supporters include:

William Ayers, Prof., Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
Ward Churchill, independent scholar
Rickie Lee Jones, Singer
Cindy Sheehan, congressional candidate, free speech advocate
Cornel West, Professor of Religion, Princeton University
Rhadames Rivera, SEIU local 1199 New York
Alan Benchich, President, UAW Local 909

linda22003
10-12-2009, 09:42 AM
My grandmother always told me that it is imperative that you know your enemy. You have to know what he thinks, how he thinks and why he thinks.

My grandmother mostly taught me how to make oatmeal cookies and things like that. :eek:

AlmostThere
10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
My grandmother mostly taught me how to make oatmeal cookies and things like that. :eek:
I'm fortunate that my grandmother was a very smart lady.

linda22003
10-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Mine was too, but she obviously wasn't as Machiavellian as yours! :)

AlmostThere
10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Mine was too, but she obviously wasn't as Machiavellian as yours! :)

Well, I've quoted my grandmother, so now I'll quote my teenage son.

Whatever.

On Edit:

Whether you care to recognize it or not, there are people who are your mortal enemies. I am not saving they are evil by any measurable standard. But if their goals are so diametrically opposed to yours that if they are successful, it will cause you tremendous harm, then they are indeed your enemy. And with all due respect, if you can not appreciate that, then you are a fool.