PDA

View Full Version : E-cigarettes

BadCat
10-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I tried one of these things the other day.

I was actually somewhat impressed. The vapor is very similar to the amount of smoke you get from a regular cigarette, the taste was "close", and the nicotine level was enough to make me dizzy.

It was a little harder to draw, and the propylene glycol they suspend the nicotine in, left a very sweet taste on the "filter" itself. I'm told this goes away after the "filter" is not brand new. You can refill the cartridges yourself (not on all brands), and overall the cost is considerably less than the Obumble sanctioned cost of good ol' genuine tobacco.

The one I tried was a "Smoking Everywhere Gold 3.0".

You can use them in bars and restaurants, on planes, in malls, everywhere they've forbidden us from smoking.

Anybody else try these things?.

PoliCon
10-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm trying to get my B-i-L to switch to them . . . . but I don' smoke myself

stsinner
10-12-2009, 01:01 PM
That thing's almost cool enough to make me take up smoking... But not quite.. :)

Gingersnap
10-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Can you get them without the nicotine part? If so, it would be worth buying one just to make people's heads explode in no smoking zones.

PoliCon
10-12-2009, 02:08 PM
just wanna point out: http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=13318&highlight=e-cigarettes

BadCat
10-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Can you get them without the nicotine part? If so, it would be worth buying one just to make people's heads explode in no smoking zones.

Yes you can.

stsinner
10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Yes you can.

I like your spirit!!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/brassmonkey71/obama_yes_we_can.jpg

Rockntractor
10-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Yes you can.
Do you have to put up with an extension cord or do they have rechargeable battery packs?

BadCat
10-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Do you have to put up with an extension cord or do they have rechargeable battery packs?

The "white" part of the e-cig is the battery. They have wall chargers, car chargers and chargers that you can plug into the USB port on your computer.

RobJohnson
10-12-2009, 03:19 PM
That thing's almost cool enough to make me take up smoking... But not quite.. :)

That's the problem, alot of kids want to try it.

I seen these being sold all over the place in Las Vegas. I had to do a double take, as I thought it was real smoke at first.

Rockntractor
10-12-2009, 03:27 PM
The "white" part of the e-cig is the battery. They have wall chargers, car chargers and chargers that you can plug into the USB port on your computer.
I was just picturing bums kicking around batteries in parking lots trying to find one with a little juice left in it.

Nubs
10-12-2009, 04:23 PM
It was a little harder to draw, and the propylene glycol they suspend the nicotine in, left a very sweet taste on the "filter" itself.

Propylene Glycol - closest cousin to antifreeze - The sweet is why animals like to drink it - Too bad when it gets to the kidneys - the acidic atmosphere causes the glycol to turn into nylon.

FeebMaster
10-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I switched over after the 2345345203% tax increase on the roll your own stuff.

It's nice being able to smoke anywhere. The only downside is being able to smoke anywhere. I spent the first few days in a nicotine induced haze. It was like being in college again.

I find the tobacco flavored cartridges to be godawful. My favorite is Janty's Polar Mint. I can't find that particular version of mint anywhere else. It's weird, I always hated menthols.

I've got a nice supply stored up for the inevitable ban.

FeebMaster
10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Propylene Glycol - closest cousin to antifreeze - The sweet is why animals like to drink it - Too bad when it gets to the kidneys - the acidic atmosphere causes the glycol to turn into nylon.

The stuff is in everything. Odds are you've eaten or inhaled some today.

If it bothers you, there are companies that sell vegetable glycerine versions instead of the PG.

patriot45
10-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I tried one of these things the other day.

I was actually somewhat impressed. The vapor is very similar to the amount of smoke you get from a regular cigarette, the taste was "close", and the nicotine level was enough to make me dizzy.

It was a little harder to draw, and the propylene glycol they suspend the nicotine in, left a very sweet taste on the "filter" itself. I'm told this goes away after the "filter" is not brand new. You can refill the cartridges yourself (not on all brands), and overall the cost is considerably less than the Obumble sanctioned cost of good ol' genuine tobacco.

The one I tried was a "Smoking Everywhere Gold 3.0".

You can use them in bars and restaurants, on planes, in malls, everywhere they've forbidden us from smoking.

Anybody else try these things?.

I've been quitting with one of these for over a year now! :D I got the sleek all black one and still have about 4 boxes of e-cartridges in E-high density.
When I'm done puffing on this thing I am always in the mood for a smoke! :D

Bought it on E-Bay for 69 bucks with the cartridges.

RobJohnson
10-13-2009, 02:13 AM
I no longer need to step outside after sex to light up!

Great for non-smoking motel rooms also!

Think of the missed marketing opportunities.

stsinner
10-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Damn, you guys are making me want to take up a new vice... Probably great for weight loss.. :)

BadCat
10-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Damn, you guys are making me want to take up a new vice... Probably great for weight loss.. :)

Did you see all the flavours they come in?

stsinner
10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Did you see all the flavours they come in?

Damn tantalizing....

noonwitch
10-13-2009, 01:07 PM
We can still smoke in restaurants and bars in Michigan, at least for the time being. Restaurants, bars and hotels are free to be smoke free, if their owners choose to make them so.

The legislature can't get a bill passed, because the restaurant and hotel lobby are fighting it. Everyone in both parties claims to be for the ban, but they just can't seem to get the votes.

PoliCon
10-13-2009, 01:12 PM
We can still smoke in restaurants and bars in Michigan, at least for the time being. Restaurants, bars and hotels are free to be smoke free, if their owners choose to make them so.

The legislature can't get a bill passed, because the restaurant and hotel lobby are fighting it. Everyone in both parties claims to be for the ban, but they just can't seem to get the votes.

Which demographics are big time smokers? You won't get the ban because of the feared backlash from the voters.

Jumpy
10-13-2009, 06:10 PM
This is the first I even heard of the things. I did some googling, and it sounds like a great invention, in a pinch.

I imagine the smoking experience includes the SMOKE though...

My bf quit for awhile, and started up again. I wonder if he would be happy with the e-cigs.

ralph wiggum
10-13-2009, 06:14 PM

I wish it were that way everywhere. I think bars smell worse now without smoke. Now they reek of B.O., perfume and bad cologne.

BadCat
10-13-2009, 06:56 PM
This is the first I even heard of the things. I did some googling, and it sounds like a great invention, in a pinch.

I imagine the smoking experience includes the SMOKE though...

My bf quit for awhile, and started up again. I wonder if he would be happy with the e-cigs.

These things produce VAPOR, and a lot of it. It looks like smoke (it doesn't smell like smoke). They produce enough vapor to blow "smoke" rings.

SarasotaRepub
10-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Hmmmm...maybe I'll look into these. :mad::D

Rockntractor
10-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Hmmmm...maybe I'll look into these. :mad::D

You don't look into them the nicotine will burn your eye!

RobJohnson
10-13-2009, 07:26 PM
What happens when you accidently throw it out the car window when you are done with it?

RobJohnson
10-13-2009, 07:27 PM
You don't look into them the nicotine will burn your eye!

HA! Now, you tell him.

SarasotaRepub
10-13-2009, 07:30 PM
What happens when you accidently throw it out the car window when you are done with it?

LOL!!! I thought of that too. :D

Bubba Dawg
10-13-2009, 07:48 PM

IMHO, you should be able to smoke in a bar. I mean, it's a bar.

All I smoke is cigars or a pipe, and I never smoke them indoors, but I still think a bar should be smoky.

stsinner
10-13-2009, 07:50 PM

LOL!!!!! There goes $50..... Damn it!!!!