PDA

View Full Version : More jail time rejected: Inmates' request to wait out tough economy iin jail..

stsinner
10-14-2009, 02:51 PM
When the inmates request to stay in jail to wait out the economy you immediately know two things:

1. The economy is really in bad shape.
2. Our jails aren't nearly miserable enough to punish criminals-why not just put them up at resorts...

PORTSMOUTH Al Wright has seen inmates act up to avoid being released during the harsh New Hampshire winters, but it was only recently the 28-year corrections veteran got two letters from individuals politely requesting an extended stay behind bars.

Wright, the superintendent of Rockingham County House of Corrections, says spending time in his jail isn't fun, but he isn't surprised that a tough economy has some inmates reluctant to be released during a time when jobs are few and temperatures are dropping.

The jail superintendent said he recently received letters from two inmates requesting they be kept in jail despite them having served out their court-ordered sentences.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091014/GJNEWS_01/710149911/-1/FOSNEWS

FlaGator
10-14-2009, 03:49 PM
When the inmates request to stay in jail to wait out the economy you immediately know two things:

1. The economy is really in bad shape.
2. Our jails aren't nearly miserable enough to punish criminals-why not just put them up at resorts...

PORTSMOUTH Al Wright has seen inmates act up to avoid being released during the harsh New Hampshire winters, but it was only recently the 28-year corrections veteran got two letters from individuals politely requesting an extended stay behind bars.

Wright, the superintendent of Rockingham County House of Corrections, says spending time in his jail isn't fun, but he isn't surprised that a tough economy has some inmates reluctant to be released during a time when jobs are few and temperatures are dropping.

The jail superintendent said he recently received letters from two inmates requesting they be kept in jail despite them having served out their court-ordered sentences.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091014/GJNEWS_01/710149911/-1/FOSNEWS

Being in jail beats being homeless. Besides let them out in a bad economy and it might be your house their robbing. Just be happy that they are being contained.

Elspeth
10-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Being in jail beats being homeless. Besides let them out in a bad economy and it might be your house their robbing. Just be happy that they are being contained.

That's my take on it too. In CA, they're letting out a bunch of prisoners due to budget problems.:(

NJCardFan
10-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Not to mention that it keeps me employed.

Rockntractor
10-15-2009, 02:24 AM
I may soon be joining them if I can't afford health care.

lacarnut
10-15-2009, 04:31 AM

Quit worrying. It will take 4 years for these goofballs in DC to implement the plan. Does not take effect until 2013. There will probably be a subsidy for those that can not afford it also.

200 employees were assigned to process refunds to auto dealer for the clunker program. These bungling idiots had to put on an additional thousand more heads. The government will have to hire thousands and set up new health care agencies. I look for it to take 10 to 15 years before this Obamanation is half ass-ed working properly.

ExLiberal
10-15-2009, 05:21 AM

They can't penalize you for not being able to afford it, they'll just force you to take theirs. Unless you have a religious exemption, maybe.