PDA

View Full Version : I got me an ELK!

Apache
10-14-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm now the proud owner of a 6 month old elk calf named Quincy :D
She's out in one of the pens right now wondering what the hell just happened to her...and the donkies can't stop staring at her :eek:

I also just rescued a 3 month old pup that has been way under fed and starved for attention. How can people be so cruel? :mad:

I think I'm going to name her Boxer...:p

patriot45
10-14-2009, 06:49 PM
When it gets older, watch the Iron Chef episode..... Battle Elk!! Thats good eats!

Apache
10-14-2009, 06:57 PM
When it gets older, watch the Iron Chef episode..... Battle Elk!! Thats good eats!While I would tend to agree with you, her purpose is to make money at the petting zoo. She is VERY people friendly ;)

BadCat
10-14-2009, 07:02 PM
While I would tend to agree with you, her purpose is to make money at the petting zoo. She is VERY people friendly ;)

Congratulations on your procurement.
Elk are cool.

Apache
10-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Congratulations on your procurement.
Elk are cool.

Thank you. The puppy's been fed, now she's starting to get sassy :p

SarasotaRepub
10-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Cool Beans! I thought for sure this thread was gonna involve steaks. :D

patriot45
10-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Cool Beans! I thought for sure this thread was gonna involve steaks. :D

Go to the 3:44 mark! :D MEAT!!! Bummer, you have to go there to see it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG3zT3kkbtA&feature=fvw

PoliCon
10-14-2009, 09:39 PM
While I would tend to agree with you, her purpose is to make money at the petting zoo. She is VERY people friendly ;)

But they are so very tasty! Not quite as tasty as moose but still . . . .

SaintLouieWoman
10-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Where did you find the elk? Was she orphaned? Those elk mommas aren't too happy if their calf disappears.

I presume the pup is going to be called Boxer. Have you thought of a good elk name?
BTW, what kind of animals do you have in your petting zoo?

Apache
10-15-2009, 11:15 AM
But they are so very tasty! Not quite as tasty as moose but still . . . .

Yes they are....just not this one ;)

Apache
10-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Where did you find the elk? Was she orphaned? Those elk mommas aren't too happy if their calf disappears.

I presume the pup is going to be called Boxer. Have you thought of a good elk name?
BTW, what kind of animals do you have in your petting zoo?

The elk was found in Quincy, In. hence her name...
She was delievered C-section after her mother was hit and killed by a truck sometime in April. (that's the story anyway...)

As far as the petting zoo, we have quite a few animals...
Alpaca, llamas, gaots, sheep, donkies (full & mini), camels, a baby bull, chickens, ducks, geese. peacocks, mules (including the only miniature mule in the mid west that I'm aware of) ponies and horses...

Boxer, the pup, is a little sweetheart and evidently house broken (thank you Lord). She needs to put on quite a bit of weight be cause you can see every one of her ribs...

stsinner
10-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Bow season just opened here in MA.. I was expecting something totally different when I opened this thread! But that's cool that you have a live one, too.

Apache
10-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Bow season just opened here in MA.. I was expecting something totally different when I opened this thread! But that's cool that you have a live one, too.

Tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind landing one this season myself. I just don't thinm I'll have the time...

Rockntractor
10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm now the proud owner of a 6 month old elk calf named Quincy :D
She's out in one of the pens right now wondering what the hell just happened to her...and the donkies can't stop staring at her :eek:

I also just rescued a 3 month old pup that has been way under fed and starved for attention. How can people be so cruel? :mad:

I think I'm going to name her Boxer...:p
Six months old. Such a tender age!

Rebel Yell
10-15-2009, 12:58 PM

They are also very belly freindly.:D