PDA

View Full Version : Dobson shifts positions, may endorse McCain

LibraryLady
07-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Dobson shifts positions, may endorse McCain (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iBvP50s1jq-cqtunx1aVlc54lQqgD921QJOO0)

Conservative Christian leader James Dobson has softened his stance against Republican presidential hopeful John McCain, saying he could reverse his position and endorse the Arizona senator despite serious misgivings.

"I never thought I would hear myself saying this," Dobson said in a radio broadcast to air Monday. "... While I am not endorsing Senator John McCain, the possibility is there that I might."

In an advance copy provided to The Associated Press, Dobson said that while neither candidate is consistent with his views, McCain's positions are closer by a wide margin.

I'm not a big Dobson fan but I think this might be significant. Opinions?

SaintLouieWoman
07-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Dobson shifts positions, may endorse McCain (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iBvP50s1jq-cqtunx1aVlc54lQqgD921QJOO0)

I'm not a big Dobson fan but I think this might be significant. Opinions?

I think it could be very significant, as many conservatives listen to Dr. Dobson. McCain needs to consolidate his position with conservatives.

Goldwater
07-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Nah, I don't think endorsements ever do much really, maybe it helps him in events and if he campaigned for him... But otherwise, no difference.

mike128
07-21-2008, 05:30 AM
I think Dr. Dobson should WAIT until McCain officially selects his VP running mate before deciding whether or not to endorse McCain.

If McCain ends up selecting a true conservative, such as Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi, as his VP, then Dobson should immediately endorse the ticket.

However if McCain decides to select a pro-abortion 'moderate', like Massachusetts Liberal Flip Romney, Tom Ridge, the 'Pro-Choice Evangelical' - Condi Rice, or even another phony Republican liberal, Colin Powell, then Dr.Dobson should publicly repudiate the McCain-Liberal ticket, altogether.

I, personally, intend to do just that. McCain's VP pick will send a CLEAR signal to conservatives, as to which direction he intends to take the Republican Party, as a whole. And if that direction is further to the left, then count me OUT of the McCain camp.

I WILL USE McCain's VP pick as a LITMUS TEST for whether or not he gets my vote this November. John McCain MUST select a SOCIAL CONSERVATIVE as his VP running mate, or he will LOSE my vote this November.

And I DON'T apologize!

Goldwater
07-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Mike you've said this like 40 times, we get it, you're going to decide who to vote for on the meaningless position of VP (especially if he/she is old). :D

Odysseus
07-21-2008, 11:43 AM
I WILL USE McCain's VP pick as a LITMUS TEST for whether or not he gets my vote this November. John McCain MUST select a SOCIAL CONSERVATIVE as his VP running mate, or he will LOSE my vote this November.
And I DON'T apologize!

Uh, right. Heard that before, and often. But, just remember, if Obama gets in by one vote in your state, you will be apologizing for four years.

Constitutionally Speaking
07-21-2008, 01:22 PM
I think Dr. Dobson should WAIT until McCain officially selects his VP running mate before deciding whether or not to endorse McCain.

If McCain ends up selecting a true conservative, such as Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi, as his VP, then Dobson should immediately endorse the ticket.

However if McCain decides to select a pro-abortion 'moderate', like Massachusetts Liberal Flip Romney, Tom Ridge, the 'Pro-Choice Evangelical' - Condi Rice, or even another phony Republican liberal, Colin Powell, then Dr.Dobson should publicly repudiate the McCain-Liberal ticket, altogether.

I, personally, intend to do just that. McCain's VP pick will send a CLEAR signal to conservatives, as to which direction he intends to take the Republican Party, as a whole. And if that direction is further to the left, then count me OUT of the McCain camp.

And I DON'T apologize!

Apparently you have never actually looked at McCain's pro life record. It is nearly spotless.

lacarnut
07-21-2008, 01:43 PM
I think it could be very significant, as many conservatives listen to Dr. Dobson. McCain needs to consolidate his position with conservatives.

Agreed. Although I don't watch or listen to him, he has a huge audience and his endorsement is a plus.

mike128
07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Apparently you have never actually looked at McCain's pro life record. It is nearly spotless.
It is nearly spotless, except for a statement McCain made back in 1999, where he stated that he would not repeal Roe vs. Wade.

I still must use McCain's VP pick as a litmus test, because picking a running mate is a candidate's first major decision. It's already bad enough that McCain supports granting amnesty to illegal aliens disguised as a 'guest worker' program. If McCain picked a pro-abortion running mate, that would be far too much for me to stomach.

Elspeth
07-21-2008, 04:13 PM
It is nearly spotless, except for a statement McCain made back in 1999, where he stated that he would not repeal Roe vs. Wade.

I still must use McCain's VP pick as a litmus test, because picking a running mate is a candidate's first major decision. It's already bad enough that McCain supports granting amnesty to illegal aliens disguised as a 'guest worker' program. If McCain picked a pro-abortion running mate, that would be far too much for me to stomach.

Would you rather help a pro-infanticide candidate to win?

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=2050

Molon Labe
07-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Would you rather help a pro-infanticide candidate to win?

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=2050

What's the difference if neither candidate has any intention of working towards it's repeal? The real battle lines for ending Roe are in the Congress anyway. They could completely remove the SCOTUS control. All it requires is a one vote majority to remove it. Article III section 2.

Subject-matter jurisdiction
Federal courts are courts of limited jurisdiction, and not courts of general jurisdiction

Once the courts can't touch it any longer it's no longer a court issue...it's a people issue.

But this may never happen, cause no one, including today's so called right to lifers in congress, really have the balls to do this.

Cold Warrior
07-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Well, it seems as if the good Dr. Dobson would like McCain to pick Carly Fiorina as his VP. But, perhaps I'm misinterpreting his words. :D

My observation is that women are merely waiting for their husbands to assume leadership.
James Dobson

lacarnut
07-21-2008, 06:51 PM

His pick may be to your liking because I watched Joe Scarborough interview Bobby Jindhal. He was going into great detail about offshore drilling, Iraq and lambasting Obama. Of course he denied that he is being considered but it kinda looks like it to me. I would like to see him on the ticket but I sure would hate to see him leave as Gov. of LA. Then we would probably wind up with that faggy looking brother of Mary Landrieu.

LibraryLady
07-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Jindal is going to be here tomorrow for a Town Council meeting. I'll ask him.:rolleyes:

I really don't think he would accept if asked. His family wants to be here and so does he.

eeekkkk!

Just saw this at DU:

faygokid Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-21-08 06:43 PM
Original message
McCain in Louisiana Thursday for "major announcement." Could it be Jindal as Veep?

Same day as Barack speaks in Berlin. Just reported on ABC News that McCain will be in Louisiana for a "major announcement" that day. If he's announcing his VP pick, that means it's Jindal.

He definitely has to roll the dice, and that's a Hail Mary pick.

lacarnut
07-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Jindal is going to be here tomorrow for a Town Council meeting. I'll ask him.:rolleyes:

I really don't think he would accept if asked. His family wants to be here and so does he.

eeekkkk!

Just saw this at DU:

Aww, shit. McCain would help himself if it were Newt or Jindal. I am hoping it's Newt because the new Gov. has a big mess to clean up here, and it will take him 8 years to make a dent in it.

mike128
07-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Aww, shit. McCain would help himself if it were Newt or Jindal. I am hoping it's Newt because the new Gov. has a big mess to clean up here, and it will take him 8 years to make a dent in it.
Newt would be OK with me, but I'm afraid the liberal media would harp on his personal baggage.

Jindal would also be OK because he's a real conservative. But he is a bit young, and I'm afraid the media would tun him into another Dan Quayle. (Remember the "One Heartbeat Away" ad by the Dukakis campaign?) I think the age contrast between McCain and Jindal would be too great. Nevertheless, I could still vote for a McCain-Jindal ticket.

mike128
07-21-2008, 11:10 PM
My favorite pick for McCain's VP is still Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi.

lacarnut
07-21-2008, 11:57 PM
My favorite pick for McCain's VP is still Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi.

That would be great also. Jindal is a damn good debater along with Barbour and Newt. Andrea Mitchell tried her left wing bs regarding the withdrawl time table in Iraq and Jindal did a smack down on her. That is one old and ugly looking bitch.

linda22003
07-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Dobson and the rest of the "religious right" just sound like a bunch of Mike128s to me. :rolleyes:

mike128
07-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Dobson and the rest of the "religious right" just sound like a bunch of Mike128s to me. :rolleyes:
First of all, I am not part of the so-called "religious right." In fact, I rarely attend Church. I am a social conservative, and proud of it.

Second, I believe there are more important things to value in life than the size of my own bank account. Although having money helps somewhat in life, I don't worship it the fanatical way that you do. :rolleyes:

mike128
07-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Andrea Mitchell tried her left wing bs regarding the withdrawl time table in Iraq and Jindal did a smack down on her. That is one old and ugly looking bitch.
Andrea Mitchell sure is one old and ugly looking bitch. Why do they even keep her on TV?? :confused:

LibraryLady
07-22-2008, 06:23 PM

Someone beat me to it. He said "I have the job I want".

linda22003
07-23-2008, 12:37 PM
I am a social conservative, and proud of it.
Second, I believe there are more important things to value in life than the size of my own bank account. Although having money helps somewhat in life, I don't worship it the fanatical way that you do. :rolleyes:

And I have no interest in social conservatism; it's just a nicer word for "being a busy-body". I don't worship money; I'm happy to have it and I steward it well, along the lines of Dave Ramsey.

linda22003
07-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Andrea Mitchell sure is one old and ugly looking bitch. Why do they even keep her on TV?? :confused:

She has a great deal of access in Washington. Should women only be on television if they're pretty?

Cold Warrior
07-23-2008, 12:40 PM
She has a great deal of access in Washington. Should women only be on television if they're pretty?

Yes!!! ;) :D

Cold Warrior
07-23-2008, 12:44 PM
And I have no interest in social conservatism; it's just a nicer word for "being a busy-body". I don't worship money; I'm happy to have it and I steward it well, along the lines of Dave Ramsey.

The social conservatives are the DUmmies of the Right. They want "big government" :eek: to come in and help them enforce their moral agenda, which basically means ensuring no one has any fun in life -- no sex, no booze, no music, no "evil loose city women!" There is absolutely no difference in principle between them and the social liberal who wants to ensure equality and access for all; their only difference is their agenda.

linda22003
07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes. As I said, they're just busy-bodies.

lacarnut
07-23-2008, 01:07 PM

When they are that fucking ugly, the answer is yes. That goes for ugly men like James Carville.

linda22003
07-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Even Carville's wife calls him "Serpent-head".

LibraryLady
07-23-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't care what the journalists looks like. I want them to be knowledgeable and fair.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/carville-1.jpg

lacarnut
07-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Even Carville's wife calls him "Serpent-head".

Andrea is a left wing ideologue reporter who does not show fairness in her interviews. She is not only ugly on the outside but on the inside.

lacarnut
07-23-2008, 03:41 PM
The social conservatives are the DUmmies of the Right. They want "big government" :eek: to come in and help them enforce their moral agenda, which basically means ensuring no one has any fun in life -- no sex, no booze, no music, no "evil loose city women!" There is absolutely no difference in principle between them and the social liberal who wants to ensure equality and access for all; their only difference is their agenda.

If Obama gets in office, your Federal Income Tax Rate increases will go up to 50 or 60 per cent, and will have a great impact on the fun things in your life. Under your favorite Prez, the peanut farmer, it may go up to 70%. Georgie won't seem so bad when your pocket book is affected. I can hear the whining and gnashing of teeth now.

Cold Warrior
07-23-2008, 03:56 PM
If Obama gets in office, your Federal Income Tax Rate increases will go up to 50 or 60 per cent, and will have a great impact on the fun things in your life. Under your favorite Prez, the peanut farmer, it may go up to 70%. Georgie won't seem so bad when your pocket book is affected. I can hear the whining and gnashing of teeth now.

I have no idea as to how this is in any way a response to what I wrote concerning social conservatives. I think my description of social conservatives is pretty accurate (look in a mirror recently?). I imagine what you're implying is that without the social conservative vote, McCain will lose. However, I can tell you that given the demographics of conservatives, moderates, and liberals, alientating the moderates by picking a whacky-whacky will certainly cost him the race.

BTW, my favorite Democratic president of recent years was certainly not Jimmah Carter. However, I think conservatives look a bit ridiculous blaming every current problem in existence on a president who left office almost 28 years ago. If you're interested, I think the most effective two presidents of my lifetime have been Reagan and Clinton.

Have you taken your aricept today, Pogo? You really need to do that as you tend to lose the thread of the conversation when you don't.

lacarnut
07-23-2008, 05:54 PM
I have no idea as to how this is in any way a response to what I wrote concerning social conservatives. I think my description of social conservatives is pretty accurate (look in a mirror recently?). I imagine what you're implying is that without the social conservative vote, McCain will lose. However, I can tell you that given the demographics of conservatives, moderates, and liberals, alientating the moderates by picking a whacky-whacky will certainly cost him the race.

BTW, my favorite Democratic president of recent years was certainly not Jimmah Carter. However, I think conservatives look a bit ridiculous blaming every current problem in existence on a president who left office almost 28 years ago. If you're interested, I think the most effective two presidents of my lifetime have been Reagan and Clinton.

Have you taken your aricept today, Pogo? You really need to do that as you tend to lose the thread of the conversation when you don't.

Let me explain it to a dumb ass like you. Dobson endorses McCain; McCain is running against Obama for Prez. What I am implying is that your attack on social conservatives will do nothing to further the chances of McCain defeating Obama. Keep up the attacks on social conservatives and then maybe you can understand my post above. You must have overdosed on your stupid pills today if you can not follow that logic.

BTW, who is trying to stop you from drinking all the booze that you want or listening to the most vulgar music recorded. Go crawl back in that scum-pit where you belong.

Cold Warrior
07-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Let me explain it to a dumb ass like you. Dobson endorses McCain; McCain is running against Obama for Prez. What I am implying is that your attack on social conservatives will do nothing to further the chances of McCain defeating Obama. Keep up the attacks on social conservatives and then maybe you can understand my post above. You must have overdosed on your stupid pills today if you can not follow that logic.

BTW, who is trying to stop you from drinking all the booze that you want or listening to the most vulgar music recorded. Go crawl back in that scum-pit where you belong.

Oh noes!!! Not booze, sex (most people do it over 100 times in their lives, lackhisnuts), and rock n' roll. BTW, if you can say "shit," "fuck," and "ass" all in one post (it should be easy for a vulgarian like you), there are certain admirers of yours who may have their first orgasm in at least two years.

lacarnut
07-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh noes!!! Not booze, sex (most people do it over 100 times in their lives, lackhisnuts), and rock n' roll. BTW, if you can say "shit," "fuck," and "ass" all in one post (it should be easy for a vulgarian like you), there are certain admirers of yours who may have their first orgasm in at least two years.

Nice dodge pissant; a scumbag like you did not address my post did you?

LibraryLady
07-23-2008, 06:21 PM
lacarnut, just put him on ignore. He is a pompous drunk (with an imaginary girlfriend) who thinks paying for sex is a badge of honour. He must sell a lot of insurance playing online all day. He is our Tom in Tiburon.

CWinCT.

Cold Warrior
07-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Nice dodge pissant; a scumbag like you did not address my post did you?

Uhm, I'm not sure I "dodged" your post. From what one can decipher, you indicated that should the social conservatives not vote for McCain, then he will lose. I countered that if McCain panders to the social conservatives, then he will lose the moderate vote and, given that he will get almost 0% of the liberal vote, he's done. Therefore, we have a bit of a quandry don't we? Harder than simply let's nominate "Haley Barbour" sort of logic. In fact, it requires a fairly delicate analysis of which you and your kind are completely incapable.

Have you made it to 101 yet? You got one "pissant" in, but no "shits" or "fucks." One is disappointed in you as you're not living up to your usual vulgarian standards.

Cold Warrior
07-23-2008, 07:17 PM
lacarnut, just put him on ignore. He is a pompous drunk (with an imaginary girlfriend) who thinks paying for sex is a badge of honour. He must sell a lot of insurance playing online all day. He is our Tom in Tiburon.

CWinCT.

Unlike the vulgar lackshisnuts, I chose not to resort to vulgarity in replying to your assertions and, since you are presuably a lady, I chose not to turn my rather acerbic wit on you. However, if you doubt any of my "stories," I will be happy to (as your friend lackshisnuts is always eager to do) wager in an escrow account on whatever meager assets you have. Please let me know.

lacarnut
07-23-2008, 07:28 PM

CWinCT.

You may be right about ignoring this self indulgencing scumbag. He certainly is not a conservate and has the morals of an alley cat. However, a cat is a nuturing animal.

CW despises marriage, family, children,any form of religion along with being a chronic liar. His little story about buying a BMW for his girlfriend did not register 1 bong. He said he cancelled the order because it was going to take too long. Any moron knows that the car that he said he bought is made in Germany and that there is a min. of 3 months wait. Additonally, he could not lease or finance with his poor credit score of around 600 unless it was at a very high interest rate. Baawwahhaaa

Cold Warrior
07-23-2008, 08:15 PM
You may be right about ignoring this self indulgencing scumbag. He certainly is not a conservate and has the morals of an alley cat. However, a cat is a nuturing animal.

Actually, I've never claimed to be a conservative in your simplistic sense of the word. On some issues, such as fiscal policy, taxes, and national security, I'm a conservative; on other issues, such as social policy and individual liberties, I'm what you, in your simplistic view of the world, would call a liberal. So? That's normal. Whacky-whacky is not normal.

CW despises marriage, family, children,any form of religion along with being a chronic liar. His little story about buying a BMW for his girlfriend did not register 1 bong. He said he cancelled the order because it was going to take too long. Any moron knows that the car that he said he bought is made in Germany and that there is a min. of 3 months wait. Additonally, he could not lease or finance with his poor credit score of around 600 unless it was at a very high interest rate. Baawwahhaaa

I don't actually despise all of those things, I just don't think they are the "be all and end all" of life. As to the BMW "story," the salesman told me that it would be ready in 6 weeks. I have no clue as to whether they need to bring these from Germany or not. I do know, for example, that if you buy a Mercedes SUV, it's manufactured in Birmingham, not Berlin. However, that's an isolated case as I did some consulting work for MB-USA; in general I don't have much of a clue (nor do I care) about cars. When he wasn't able to deliver in the scheduled time, I used it as as excuse to get out of the deal (one I was not interested in in the first place). What you really don't seem to understand in your little post-government sucking world, is that there are indeed people in this world who really aren't interested in cars and houses.

You're really disappointing me and your (elder) female admirers. Can you at least say "shit" or "fuck" a couple of times for the audience. It does amuse.

lacarnut
07-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Actually, I've never claimed to be a conservative in your simplistic sense of the word. On some issues, such as fiscal policy, taxes, and national security, I'm a conservative; on other issues, such as social policy and individual liberties, I'm what you, in your simplistic view of the world, would call a liberal. So? That's normal. Whacky-whacky is not normal.

I don't actually despise all of those things, I just don't think they are the "be all and end all" of life. As to the BMW "story," the salesman told me that it would be ready in 6 weeks. I have no clue as to whether they need to bring these from Germany or not. I do know, for example, that if you buy a Mercedes SUV, it's manufactured in Birmingham, not Berlin. However, that's an isolated case as I did some consulting work for MB-USA; in general I don't have much of a clue (nor do I care) about cars. When he wasn't able to deliver in the scheduled time, I used it as as excuse to get out of the deal (one I was not interested in in the first place). What you really don't seem to understand in your little post-government sucking world, is that there are indeed people in this world who really aren't interested in cars and houses.

You're really disappointing me and your (elder) female admirers. Can you at least say "shit" or "fuck" a couple of times for the audience. It does amuse.

You are really disappointing me with your stupidity. Like I said, anyone that has SHIT for brains knows that BMW's are manufactured in Germany other than those mfg. at the plant in SC. and that you can not get one from overseas in 6 weeks. So like I said, it's a 1 bonger. What you don't seem to understand in your little scumbag world is that most people are not interested in your pathetic life style. Most people are interested in owning a home and a car. You credit score must be very low.

Cold Warrior
07-23-2008, 08:45 PM
You are really disappointing me with your stupidity. Like I said, anyone that has SHIT for brains knows that BMW's are manufactured in Germany other than those mfg. at the plant in SC. and that you can not get one from overseas in 6 weeks. So like I said, it's a 1 bonger. What you don't seem to understand in your little scumbag world is that most people are not interested in your pathetic life style. Most people are interested in owning a home and a car. You credit score must be very low.

Again, I think you're incorrect on this. Why don't you go into a BMW dealer in Podunk and tell them you want a "custom" BMW 128i, custom in the sense you want to pick the color, the interior, the features. I think you will find that they will tell you 4-6 weeks, as all cars are not custom-ordered from Germany but rather drawn from the pool in the US. If you do this and I'm incorrect, I'm a "SHIT for brains;" if not, then well...

And, btw, I'm glad you got a "shit" into your post. Your elder female admirers will be happy, perhaps more ecstatic than they've been in months.

As to interest in my "life style," I would beg to disagree. My threads, many of which discuss and contrast just that, draw more posts than your "shit," "fuck," "fart" posts ever will. You really are a bit pathetic, living down in the swamps, retired civil servant who's never held a real job in his life, with his little car and little house, thinking he's made it. Since JCC has left, you're really the only eccentric old fool left around. However, you really need to take your medication more regularly in order to make your posts more coherent.

Constitutionally Speaking
07-24-2008, 04:53 AM

Of course you know that the President CAN'T repeal Roe V Wade. Right???

The only way he can get it done is via his Supreme Court appointments and on that he has pledged to nominate people like Scalia and Roberts. They WILL overturn that horrid decision.

mike128
07-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Of course you know that the President CAN'T repeal Roe V Wade. Right???

The only way he can get it done is via his Supreme Court appointments and on that he has pledged to nominate people like Scalia and Roberts. They WILL overturn that horrid decision.
And if McCain wins with a LIBERAL VP, and something bad happens to McCain's health due to his age, which forces him out of office, that LIBERAL VP becomes president, and will pick the next Supreme Court justices instead. No thanks, and no sale.

If John McCain picks a social liberal as his running mate, he will lose my vote this November. It's really that simple.