PDA

View Full Version : Arizona boy, 8, has 'sex change'

bijou
10-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Josie was diagnosed as transgender at the age of six.

Her sex has been legally changed and she will undergo surgery and drug treatment to help her grow up as a woman.

Her family, from Arizona, tell their story as part of a new Channel 4 Bodyshock documentary to be shown next week.

Her mother Venessia, 42, said: "As a toddler she wrapped up her army figures and rocked them like a baby.

"As she started to talk, she'd say, 'I'm a girl'. We used to correct her and say, 'No you're a boy'.

"By the time she was four she was insisting, 'No, I really am a girl'."

Her father Joseph, an engineer in the United States Air Force, said: "I had mourned the loss of my son. When I came to terms with it, I knew I had gained a daughter."

The girl has been educated at home in Arizona after the family suffered taunts outside the military base school overseas.

Josie will be given drugs to prevent male adolescence and, at 12, get female hormones. ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6333217/Boy-8-has-sex-change.html

jediab
10-15-2009, 09:57 AM
And just who the hell is paying for all of this shit??? :mad:

stsinner
10-15-2009, 10:10 AM
The parents should be jailed. Will be given drugs to prevent male adolescence? That there is some unhealthy meddling in nature, my friends...

ExLiberal
10-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Poor little guy. Sick parents.

ExLiberal
10-15-2009, 10:21 AM
The parents should be jailed. Will be given drugs to prevent male adolescence? That there is some unhealthy meddling in nature, my friends...

Why, you, reactionary old-timin' right wing nutcase hick. Can't you see God has made a mistake? It's up to us asst. gods to correct it. Much like we correct the fetuses God has absent-mindedly formed in our womb. Get with the times, grandpa.

Gingersnap
10-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Bizarrely, we seem to have lost the capacity to recognize masculine-minded girls and feminine-minded boys. The continuum of human experience isn't confined to G.I Joe and Barbie clones. Certainly sexuality isn't chained to a fondness for lipstick versus fantasy football.

What happens when these kids become sexually attracted to natural members of their new, fake sex? They will just have another huge set of problems to work through.

I was a tomboy growing up and I never played with dolls and hated wearing dresses. Anything a boy could do, I could do better (or at least I tried). Flash forward to mid-adolescence and suddenly I gained a whole new set of interests (in addition to my old ones). If you had asked me at 11 if I would ever enjoy push-up bras, heels, and body conscious club wear, I would have laughed in your face and punched you for suggesting it.

Yet there I was loving every minute of it. I still have a decidedly masculine turn of mind, I still enjoy activities that involve dirt, blood or both. I still have zero interest in most gossip, most shopping, and all discussions involving fatness, love interests, or sentimentality.

But I'm still 100% woman. These parents are making a mistake.

Rockntractor
10-15-2009, 12:07 PM
This is England. They think soccer is football!

bijou
10-15-2009, 12:24 PM
This is England. They think soccer is football!

Yes that part of England that is forever a USAF base in Arizona.

Rockntractor
10-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Yes that part of England that is forever a USAF base in Arizona.

Oh crap I was looking at the link.:eek:

hampshirebrit
10-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Oh crap I was looking at the link.:eek:

It's on the telly on Monday here in the UK. Either Bij or I will tell you all about it, I'm sure.

From what I've seen so far, a bad, bad, bad thing to do.

Goldwater
10-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Such an uncomfortable thought - this boy getting surgery when he doesn't need to.

noonwitch
10-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Bizarrely, we seem to have lost the capacity to recognize masculine-minded girls and feminine-minded boys. The continuum of human experience isn't confined to G.I Joe and Barbie clones. Certainly sexuality isn't chained to a fondness for lipstick versus fantasy football.

What happens when these kids become sexually attracted to natural members of their new, fake sex? They will just have another huge set of problems to work through.

I was a tomboy growing up and I never played with dolls and hated wearing dresses. Anything a boy could do, I could do better (or at least I tried). Flash forward to mid-adolescence and suddenly I gained a whole new set of interests (in addition to my old ones). If you had asked me at 11 if I would ever enjoy push-up bras, heels, and body conscious club wear, I would have laughed in your face and punched you for suggesting it.

Yet there I was loving every minute of it. I still have a decidedly masculine turn of mind, I still enjoy activities that involve dirt, blood or both. I still have zero interest in most gossip, most shopping, and all discussions involving fatness, love interests, or sentimentality.

But I'm still 100% woman. These parents are making a mistake.

Did you read Caddie Woodlawn as a kid?

These parents are setting their kid up for serious problems later in life. I could see if he was a hermaphrodite, making him one gender or the other.

ExLiberal
10-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Such an uncomfortable thought - this boy getting surgery when he doesn't need to.

Getting a bogus surgery, no less. As common as this stuff is now a days, it still never ceases to amaze me. When are we going to learn we can't beat nature? We can shake our puny little fists at it all we want but we're not going to win. All the estrogen pills and surgeries in the world won't make this boy a girl. His sex was determined long before he had male sex organs. Men can't be women, women can't be men, men can't have babies, women can't abolish the maternal bond. Etc etc etc. I think God knows what he's doing. Why is the world going insane trying to reverse everything it possibly can? See what "individualism" does to a culture? Why is it we have gay marriage banned but this stuff allowed? If we can't redefine marriage what makes us think we can redefine gender?

Poor kid. What if he changes his mind when he grows up? Think of how humiliating it'll be.

stsinner
10-15-2009, 03:18 PM

Plus, his body is still changing and growing..

FlaGator
10-15-2009, 03:20 PM
No amount of surgery or hormones will alter what his chromosomes say...

Chromosomes don't lie.
He's got and X and a Y

Gingersnap
10-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Did you read Caddie Woodlawn as a kid?

I had to google her, so no. I was more of a Marguerite Henry fan as a girl. :D

OwlMBA
10-15-2009, 03:54 PM
No amount of surgery or hormones will alter what his chromosomes say...

Chromosomes don't lie.
He's got and X and a Y

Bingo

But libs, hippies and the rest want us to think that our gender is MENTAL. It is somehow related to how we think or our brain is wired.

Just more "do whatever you want" philosophy.

One thing is for sure, this "dad" is an emasculated pansy. We know who made this decision.

noonwitch
10-15-2009, 04:51 PM
I had to google her, so no. I was more of a Marguerite Henry fan as a girl. :D

Caddie Woodlawn is a girl in frontier america who is a tomboy. Her ladylike mother is at wits end with her, so her father tells the mother to let her be a tomboy and identify with the man's work at the farm, because eventually she'll get sick of it and be a truer lady in the long run.

The dad's theory works, in the long run.

Gingersnap
10-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Caddie Woodlawn is a girl in frontier america who is a tomboy. Her ladylike mother is at wits end with her, so her father tells the mother to let her be a tomboy and identify with the man's work at the farm, because eventually she'll get sick of it and be a truer lady in the long run.

The dad's theory works, in the long run.

That theory worked in my case, also. Heck, I won't even pump my own gas today. :D

ExLiberal
10-15-2009, 05:09 PM
One thing is for sure, this "dad" is an emasculated pansy. We know who made this decision.

All liberal men are emasculated pansies.

OwlMBA
10-15-2009, 09:25 PM
All liberal men are emasculated pansies.

I know a lot of conservative men who are too.

PoliCon
10-15-2009, 09:50 PM
I have one question - what does the kids genetics say? There are people out there who are genetically ambiguous. If that's the case - ok. If not and the boy is genetically whole hale and healthy - then WTF!?

AmPat
10-16-2009, 01:16 AM
The girl has been educated at home in Arizona after the family suffered taunts outside the military base school overseas.

Josie will be given drugs to prevent male adolescence and, at 12, get female hormones. ... The taunting has only just begun.:cool:

bijou
10-20-2009, 04:03 PM
I don't know if this will play in the US but the programme can be watched here http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bodyshock/4od#2973461

hampshirebrit
10-20-2009, 06:04 PM
I saw it last night.

The most disturbing aspect (among many) was the information given by the commentator that many, possibly a majority of children who suffer from gender dysphoria grow out of it by early adolescence.

In the UK, no reassignment intervention is permitted until the child has reached the age of 16. In the US, or at least in the parts of the US where these unfortunates live, it is permitted much earlier. So these kids aren't getting a chance to rethink their choice.

bijou
10-20-2009, 06:15 PM
I saw it last night.

The most disturbing aspect (among many) was the information given by the commentator that many, possibly a majority of children who suffer from gender dysphoria grow out of it by early adolescence.

In the UK, no reassignment intervention is permitted until the child has reached the age of 16. In the US, or at least in the parts of the US where these unfortunates live, it is permitted much earlier. So these kids aren't getting a chance to rethink their choice.

That was worrying especially in the context of the girl who decided she was 'really' a boy just after her father (who had always wanted a son) left. Then her mother ends up in a relationship with a female to male transexual.