PDA

View Full Version : Bob Dylan Christmas Album Confirmed

bijou
10-15-2009, 11:41 AM
The holiday season is coming a bit early for Bob Dylan fans, as the legendary singer-songwriter is set to release his first Christmas album entitled "Christmas in the Heart" on October 13. Dylan has teamed up with Feeding America (feedingamerica.org) for this release and will donate all present and future U.S. royalties from the sales of "Christmas in the Heart" to this organization. Feeding America provides meal assistance, serving more than four million meals during the holiday season.

As previously reported, Christmas staples "I'll Be Home For Christmas," O Little Town of Bethlehem," "Here Comes Santa Claus," and "Must Be Santa" will be on the album. While a final track list is still unconfirmed, "Winter Wonderland" and "Little Drummer Boy" will also be included. "Christmas in the Heart" is Dylan's second album this year, following the critically acclaimed, "Together Through Life," which reached #1 on the Billboard 200. ...http://www.billboard.com/news/bob-dylan-christmas-album-confirmed-1004006394.story#/news/bob-dylan-christmas-album-confirmed-1004006394.story

Good cause, but I'm not sure that I want to hear Bob Dylan doing a Bing Crosby impersonation.

noonwitch
10-15-2009, 11:49 AM
I love all things Dylan, as do my siblings. I'll buy it for my family Christmas party-I don't have many Christmas CDs to begin with.

Gingersnap
10-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Couldn't you just step on a cat then donate some money through PayPal? It would have the same effect but you wouldn't need to pay shipping. :D

NJCardFan
10-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Isn't Dylan Jewish?

Gingersnap
10-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Isn't Dylan Jewish?

Not anymore. He's a Christian but he seems to be a regular nominal Christian rather than the church-going type..

bijou
10-15-2009, 12:36 PM
I love all things Dylan, as do my siblings. I'll buy it for my family Christmas party-I don't have many Christmas CDs to begin with.

But it'll be Christmas, you're supposed to be nice to your family at Christmas. :D

Goldwater
10-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Not anymore. He's a Christian but he seems to be a regular nominal Christian rather than the church-going type..

Not sure about that, he has made a couple of Christian albums since converting.

Gingersnap
10-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Not sure about that, he has made a couple of Christian albums since converting.

I kinda doubt that this guy is up to a blow-by-blow exegesis of the Nicene creed. :D

noonwitch
10-15-2009, 01:59 PM
I kinda doubt that this guy is up to a blow-by-blow exegesis of the Nicene creed. :D

I know a lot of christians who don't know what the Nicene creed is and wouldn't know the definition of exegesis-until I started reading the class requirements for a Master's degree at the local seminary, I didn't know what the word meant.

My born-again, narcissistic, borderline personality coworker wouldn't know either of those things, but her 10 year old daughter would.

Gingersnap
10-15-2009, 02:30 PM
I know a lot of christians who don't know what the Nicene creed is and wouldn't know the definition of exegesis-until I started reading the class requirements for a Master's degree at the local seminary, I didn't know what the word meant.

My born-again, narcissistic, borderline personality coworker wouldn't know either of those things, but her 10 year old daughter would.

That's my point exactly: nominal Christian. ;)

Bubba Dawg
10-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I can recite the Nominial Creed.