PDA

View Full Version : How do i respond to this

ActualCasualties
10-15-2009, 02:37 PM
k let us forget the president for a minute. Lets go back a few years before your time. When Mr Regan took the power of strike away from the blue collar worker by breaking Paco. This is not Amy this is a friend of hers. When Mr Regan passed laws making legal for corp. to hire scaps to cross the picket lines and God forbid be harrassed. The ... Read MoreUnions lost their only wepon. I was there on the picket lines at that time. The republican is a friend to big corp. Duh. Right now there is a movement among large corp to do away with pensions, insurance and several other benfits that people like me fought long and hard to get. Their number one allies is the Repulican Party the same party that wants to do away with Social Security because of the drain it has on the National debt. Well guess what, going back before your time there was enough money in Social Security to last for ever. Mr Nixon our then President could not stand it so he dipped into it and dam near bankrupted it. Oh my goddness he was another Republican. Gee let me figure out why I'm not a Republican.
Until you Youngsters live a litlle keep your opinions to yourself like good children.

Was sent to me on facebook.....

Rockntractor
10-15-2009, 02:51 PM
k let us forget the president for a minute. Lets go back a few years before your time. When Mr Regan took the power of strike away from the blue collar worker by breaking Paco. This is not Amy this is a friend of hers. When Mr Regan passed laws making legal for corp. to hire scaps to cross the picket lines and God forbid be harrassed. The ... Read MoreUnions lost their only wepon. I was there on the picket lines at that time. The republican is a friend to big corp. Duh. Right now there is a movement among large corp to do away with pensions, insurance and several other benfits that people like me fought long and hard to get. Their number one allies is the Repulican Party the same party that wants to do away with Social Security because of the drain it has on the National debt. Well guess what, going back before your time there was enough money in Social Security to last for ever. Mr Nixon our then President could not stand it so he dipped into it and dam near bankrupted it. Oh my goddness he was another Republican. Gee let me figure out why I'm not a Republican.
Until you Youngsters live a litlle keep your opinions to yourself like good children.

Learn english and then move to politics!

patriot45
10-15-2009, 02:57 PM
This is always a good response!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/crying_baby.jpg

stsinner
10-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Maybe they should ask the Japs how they feel about Democrats... Democrats like Truman...

ExLiberal
10-15-2009, 03:28 PM
You purchase the conservative talking points application for iPod.

http://www.conservativetalkingpoints.com/

lacarnut
10-15-2009, 03:48 PM

I will respond to Social Security. LBJ started the raid on Social Security by diverting the surplus to pay for the Viet Nam war that HE started. In other words, whatever is left over after paying retiree benefits is transferred to the general fund and spent. There is no money in the Fund; just IOU's in the form of government bonds. When the day arrives that the trust fund must cash-in those IOU's, the government will have to borrow billions in the bond market and repay it with interest to private investors and entities such as China.

The Social Security system will pay out more than it takes in beginning in 2016. By 2037 SS, will deplete the trust fund unless reforms are implemented. Both Democrats and Republicans have participated in this Ponzi scheme. However, LBJ is the mastermind of the pickle we are in now.

I would urge you to add this little ditty at the end. You write like an 8th grader. Your spelling (8 errors), grammar and sentence structure reminds me of an ignorant liberal Democrat.

OwlMBA
10-15-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't understand how anyone can still be pro-union.

What is really funny are the UNEMPLOYED union workers who still clammer to the belief that the union is the best thing ever.

Apache
10-15-2009, 09:08 PM
I can't really make anything out of the OP 'cept Repulicans BAD, Democrats....:rolleyes:

The OP really needs to learn his/her history before posting such drivel...

Constitutionally Speaking
10-15-2009, 09:16 PM

You were aware it was ILLEGAL for the PATCO union to strike, aren't you????? The exective branch's MAIN role is to ENFORCE the laws.

President Reagan would have been assisting in the commission of a CRIME if he had NOT done what he did.

As for Republicans being the friend of BIG corporations, you could not be more wrong. If you look at the policies advocated by both parties the Republican policies are FAR more oriented to the SMALL business than the Democrats policies are. Think about it. Democrats are constantly advocating for policies that add to the cost of doing business - the BIG businesses don't mind them because they are VERY effective at eliminating their competition. Small businesses cannot absorb the costs as well as the large businesses and they are made less competitive because of them. Look up the term "economies of scale" and you MIGHT get a clue as to your ignorance here.

Republicans have NOT tried to get rid of Social Security - they have tried to give the INDIVIDUALS control over their OWN accounts!!!! Social Security that is being run by the government is a VERY poor investment - even taking into account the recent drop in the stock market, people of retirement age would be FAR better off if they had simply been allowed to invest the money they were FORCED to give to SS. MOST would be millionaires serveral times over. Instead, those dependent on SS are living in squalor. That is some compassion you lefties have - condemning most citizens to poverty in what SHOULD be their golden years. All for the power it gives you.

Your age (probably not much older than me) certainly has not made you wise.

linda22003
10-16-2009, 08:53 AM
I've checked the list; we never had a president named "Regan".

Rockntractor
10-16-2009, 11:26 AM
I've checked the list; we never had a president named "Regan".

Thats all? I expected you to go after him like a weed eater!

linda22003
10-16-2009, 12:24 PM
I have a lot to do today. I don't have that kind of time.