PDA

View Full Version : Bedouin Sheikh: My People are of Jewish Descent

Gingersnap
10-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Bedouin Sheikh: My People are of Jewish Descent

by INN TV staff
Follow Israel news on and .

(IsraelNN.com) Israel Bedouin Sheikh Salem al-Huzeil believes that he and many others like him are of Jewish descent. In an interview with INN TV, Huzeil explains how a single “tahayat” - mistake – made several generations ago led to his current situation as a Muslim Bedouin leader who identifies as Jewish.

http://wejew.com/media/6460/Bedouin_Sheikh_%E2%80%93_My_Ancestors_Were_Jewish/

Huzeil was joined by Tzvi Misinai, a researcher who is convinced that Huzeil's story is far from unique. In fact, most of the Bedouins and Arabs living in Israel are Jewish, Misinai says.

In the above video, Huzeil tells his story, Misinai explains his research, and both men explain why they believe Israel's Bedouins and Arabs must be informed of their Jewish roots.

Now this is fascinating! I wonder if there is a DNA test to confirm this? :)

(This clip is very slow to load but well worth the wait.)

Israel National News (http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133875)

djones520
10-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I've always been curious why the Jews consider themselves a race... Christians don't view themselves as such.

noonwitch
10-16-2009, 12:06 PM
I've always been curious why the Jews consider themselves a race... Christians don't view themselves as such.

It's kind of like being Greek Orthodox-it's an ethnicity and a religion.

djones520
10-16-2009, 12:16 PM
It's kind of like being Greek Orthodox-it's an ethnicity and a religion.

So do converts suddenly get new blood? How does that work out?

Gingersnap
10-16-2009, 12:42 PM

Because they are all descended from the 12 Tribes of Israel who are direct descendants of Jacob. "Jewishness" is determined by the mother's bloodline. Converts become part of the Jewish people and their children may be Jewish in terms of race if the convert marries an ethnic Jew.

Jews actually do constitute a genetic group with distinctive genetic markers among Jewish groups who remain Orthodox (or close to it). Jews were (and are) often used in group genetic studies because of these features and because of the high incidence of certain genetic defects/markers caused by small gene pools.

That said, Jews have always had a certain amount of intermarriage with the non-Jewish populations they've lived among.

Today, the racial identity of Jews is changing as intermarriage becomes closer to the norm. Not only are these children much more diverse genetically but they are often not considered Jewish on any level if their mothers are not themselves Jewish.

noonwitch
10-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Because they are all descended from the 12 Tribes of Israel who are direct descendants of Jacob. "Jewishness" is determined by the mother's bloodline. Converts become part of the Jewish people and their children may be Jewish in terms of race if the convert marries an ethnic Jew.

Jews actually do constitute a genetic group with distinctive genetic markers among Jewish groups who remain Orthodox (or close to it). Jews were (and are) often used in group genetic studies because of these features and because of the high incidence of certain genetic defects/markers caused by small gene pools.

That said, Jews have always had a certain amount of intermarriage with the non-Jewish populations they've lived among.

Today, the racial identity of Jews is changing as intermarriage becomes closer to the norm. Not only are these children much more diverse genetically but they are often not considered Jewish on any level if their mothers are not themselves Jewish.

Both of my paternal grandfather's maternal grandparents were jewish. My great-grandma left her jewish identity behind her when she left Slovenia and moved to Austria, and converted to catholicism. My grandpa never knew his heritage until his neice by his older half-sister (who stayed behind, and ended up on the wrong side of the Iron Curtain) was kicked out of Tito's worker's paradise and came to visit. Her name was Leah, and he made the mistake of calling someone the k word in her presence. She was furious, because she had been harrassed by the communists in Yugoslavia for having a "jewish" first name. She told him his heritage, and I have never heard him say another bad word about jews again-in his opinion now, jews are the greatest group of people who ever lived. Leah's mother also spent some time in a concentration camp for giving food to jews during WWII. She went on to spy for the underground, because she spoke 5 languages and the nazis needed someone with language skills to be a phone operator. So Leah was a bit sensitive about the jewish thing.

So, technically, my grandpa is a jew, even though he's never been to a temple and was raised catholic. But I am not, nor is my mother, because my grandma had british and welsh heritage.

Del Rio Roy
10-16-2009, 05:55 PM
The descendants of of the 12 Tribes must be an innumerable number of people scattered throughout the Mid-East, Europe, and North America. After all we're talking about twelve tribes when at one point in ancient history had a combined standing army of over 1,200,000 men of which only 'one' of the twelve tribes were descended of the fourth son of Jacob making the Tribe of Judah bloodline. So, one may ask where are the other eleven tribes now? In Asia? No. In Africa? No.
After the death of King Solomon there was a shisim and the 12 tribe kingdom became divided in two seperate kingdoms. Ten to the north and two to the south. The northern kingdom eventually was conquered and taken into captivity by the Assyrians and held captive in the region by the Caspian Sea. In time they realized an opportunity to escape the captivity. After taking counsel among themselves they decided to flee, however, the only safe route was in a northerly direction, so, they dispersed to the north.

The southern kingdom was taken into captivity by the Babylonians over 120 years after the Assyrian captivity.

FlaGator
10-16-2009, 06:55 PM

I don't think that they consider themselves a race. They do consider themselves as set aside by God.

PoliCon
10-16-2009, 08:54 PM

It's a hereditary religion that does not lightly or easily take converts. Remember - They are descendants of Jacob. If your mother is a Jew - you're a Jew which is why I don't tell Jewish people of my blood line. Made the mistake of telling a friend of mine who was a Rabbinical student at the time about my bloodline and the genealogical research I'd done into my bloodline. He got some friends of his together there at School and they started praying for my 'return' seems my people are from Levi. Took me months to figure out what was going on but when I did - I told the guy off. Told him flat out - I have no doubts no questions that Jesus Christ is real - that He saved me - and that He loves me and there was no way in heaven or hell I could ever deny it.

megimoo
10-16-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't think that they consider themselves a race. They do consider themselves as set aside by God.
First loyalties always go to their tribes and then to the larger group of tribes,the nation. The tribes all sprang from individual elders that were the law amongst each tribe.

Hagar gave first birth to Ishmael but Hagar was a slave not a mistress.These slaves son's were considered "the lesser"sons of of their mistresses, as was the custom in biblical times.

The Jews trace their origin to Jacob though Sara as the first Jewish mother and Matriarch of all of the Jews through Abraham .

This avoids the conflict in Ishmael being the first born and nullifying the Jewish claim to a first born son's right to inheritance through Abraham !

When Jacob married Leah, Lavan (Leahs father) gave Zilpa to Leah as a servant. When Leah could not bare children temporarily, she gave Zilpa to Jacob as a wife, and Zilpa gave birth to Gad and Asher (two of the Israeli tribes).

Originally the Desert Jews lived apart from each other in tribal groups raising sheep and gathering food as they found it.They raided each others flocks and made captives of the smaller tribes .

They enslaved the captive men and made concubines of the young maids they captured.The captive maids were subject slaves to wife of their captors and were treated well and on occasion engaged in sex with their male masters in order to raise more males for the tribe.These sons were considered "the lesser"sons of of their mistresses, as was the custom in biblical times.

Some are still very tribal as seen by the preparations for the building of the next temple on the mount.The ancient Desert Jews like the Arabs after them were very loyal to their tribes !

AARONIDES
Hereditary *priests, descended from *Aaron the brother of *Moses. The descendants of Aaron ‘shall attend to your *priesthood for all that concerns the *altar and that which is in the veil’.

(*Numbers 18:7). A distinction is made in the Scriptures between the Aaronides and the *Levites even though it is sometimes implied that all the Levites are priests.

Some scholars believe that the Aaronides were Egyptian in origin because many Egyptian names can be found among their records. (See *KOHEN, *LEVITE, *PRIEST).

Gingersnap
10-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Told him flat out - I have no doubts no questions that Jesus Christ is real - that He saved me - and that He loves me and there was no way in heaven or hell I could ever deny it.

Well, a lot of Jews took that same position back in the day (2,000 years ago) so you're in good company. ;)