PDA

View Full Version : yankees

patriot45
10-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Well, we are sweeping! Bye, bye angles!:cool::D Bring on the N.L. Bitches!

NJCardFan
10-17-2009, 01:54 AM
You do know that this is a 7 game series right?

patriot45
10-17-2009, 01:55 AM
You do know that this is a 7 game series right?

1-0 ! So far a sweep!

ralph wiggum
10-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Well, we are sweeping! Bye, bye angles!:cool::D Bring on the N.L. Bitches!

Who are the Angles? :confused:

:D

expat-pattaya
10-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Ya gotta love optimism :D

Now that my beloved Cardinals are gone I have no favorite. And no bias. I suspect the series will be Dodgers-Yankees. And I suspect the Yankees will prevail in 6 or 7.

But ya never know ;)

Bubba Dawg
10-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Who are the Angles? :confused:

You got the curves baby,
I got the angles.

Guess Who that is from?

JB
10-17-2009, 05:18 PM
This is why people hate the Yankees. There was a Baseball playoffs thread going, but no, the Yankees have to have their own thread.

F them. Go Angels.

On edit: Go Angles too. woot.

patriot45
10-18-2009, 01:10 AM
This is why people hate the Yankees. There was a Baseball playoffs thread going, but no, the Yankees have to have their own thread.

F them. Go Angels.

On edit: Go Angles too. woot.

The angles had plenty o chances tonite, but guess what?! The Yanks won!!!! They are still sweeping! Bring on the Dodgers!!!:D

SaintLouieWoman
10-18-2009, 11:24 AM
The angles had plenty o chances tonite, but guess what?! The Yanks won!!!! They are still sweeping! Bring on the Dodgers!!!:D

After the Dodgers swept my Cards, I say bring on the Phillies. Don't want to watch Mannie with the long dreadlocks again, had enough of it in the way too short playoffs. :p

My great uncle was a die hard Yanks fan. When I was a kid (and still to this day), I always wanted the cards to win. After that, my second fav team was the Yankees.

NJCardFan
10-18-2009, 11:33 AM
If it's the Phils/Yanks, it will be a homerun fan's dream.

ralph wiggum
10-18-2009, 05:16 PM
You got the curves baby,
I got the angles.

Guess Who that is from?

Clever! Clap for the Wolfman, man. :cool:

Bubba Dawg
10-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Clever! Clap for the Wolfman, man. :cool:

Winnah!!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QSA_ofvAnw

patriot45
10-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Time to put this back to the front! So far Yanks up 10-1....Heehee! :D I kill myself!

patriot45
10-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Oh well....up-3-1 Haha! Go yanks!!

patriot45
10-21-2009, 12:46 AM
Not quite a sweep, but time to think about the Phillies!!!

Go Yanks!

Molon Labe
10-22-2009, 04:18 PM
http://www.funbumperstickers.com/images/NewYorkYankeesA2.gif

Lars1701a
10-22-2009, 05:03 PM
http://www.funbumperstickers.com/images/NewYorkYankeesA2.gif

You'd better hope they win tonight :)

JB
10-22-2009, 06:21 PM
...time to think about the Phillies!!!Yo Bob, av bet time.

1) Winner picks the av.
2) Loser wears the av for the length of weeks that the series went. For example, when the Phils win in 4 you have to wear the av I give you for 4 weeks. It's not going 7 but if it did you would wear the av for 7 weeks.

Deal?

Bubba Dawg
10-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Angels up by four. Jeez.

patriot45
10-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Yo Bob, av bet time.

1) Winner picks the av.
2) Loser wears the av for the length of weeks that the series went. For example, when the Phils win in 4 you have to wear the av I give you for 4 weeks. It's not going 7 but if it did you would wear the av for 7 weeks.

Deal?

It's a deal! I got a whole week to find a good one!:D Just don't dissappear after you lose and have to wear it!!!

Yanks are getting spanked right now.:o

Lars1701a
10-22-2009, 08:47 PM
It's a deal! I got a whole week to find a good one!:D Just don't dissappear after you lose and have to wear it!!!

Yanks are getting spanked right now.:o

I want in on this bet :(

patriot45
10-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I want in on this bet :(

Um, I'd say yeah but on the way off chance I lose, how could I wear 2 Avs? I guess I could switch off every other day! But on the other hand having you two at my mercy is tempting! :D

patriot45
10-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Getting exciting! C,mon bring in the stinkie phillys :D

Yanks tied it up!! Yay!

patriot45
10-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Getting exciting! C,mon bring in the stinkie phillys :D

Yanks tied it up!! Yay!

Ooops! Spoke too soon! Yanks up 6-4! Haha!

ralph wiggum
10-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Ooops! Spoke too soon! Yanks up 6-4! Haha!

6-6 now. A very good ballgame.

patriot45
10-22-2009, 10:44 PM
6-6 now. A very good ballgame.

Holy Smoke! This is exciting!!!

Lars1701a
10-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Um, I'd say yeah but on the way off chance I lose, how could I wear 2 Avs? I guess I could switch off every other day! But on the other hand having you two at my mercy is tempting! :D

We can do a T-shirt bet? If I win you have to wear a shirt for a day that says: The Yankees are the Phillies bitches and vice versa for me if the yanks win. :D

patriot45
10-22-2009, 10:48 PM
We can do a T-shirt bet? If I win you have to wear a shirt for a day that says: The Yankees are the Phillies bitches and vice versa for me if the yanks win. :D

You are on! We would have to have them made and send them to whoever wins, Then of course a pic would be necessary! :D

Yanks down 7-6

Lars1701a
10-22-2009, 10:49 PM
You are on! We would have to have them made and send them to whoever wins, Then of course a pic would be necessary! :D

Yanks down 7-6

Ok :)

ralph wiggum
10-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Holy Smoke! This is exciting!!!

I'm just rooting for good games, since I don't really have a dog in the fight.

Of course if I root for good games, that'll probably mean the World Series games will all suck. I've just been bad luck all year. :mad:

patriot45
10-22-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm just rooting for good games, since I don't really have a dog in the fight.

Of course if I root for good games, that'll probably mean the World Series games will all suck. I've just been bad luck all year. :mad:

Well that one went down to the wire! Back to N.Y.!! We will win it at home!:D

ralph wiggum
10-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Well that one went down to the wire! Back to N.Y.!! We will win it at home!:D

Yeah, great...one more game that I have to watch Saturday night. :D

lacarnut
10-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Yeah, great...one more game that I have to watch Saturday night. :D

That was a barn burner tonight. I don't watch too much baseball during the regular season but come playoff and World Series time, the games get exciting.

Molon Labe
10-23-2009, 07:59 AM
You'd better hope they win tonight :)

Yeah...I'm very disappointed this morning. Couldn't close it out. Two more chances. Good grief..:(

Lars1701a
10-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Yeah...I'm very disappointed this morning. Couldn't close it out. Two more chances. Good grief..:(

IF and this is a very big IF the angles can win on Saturday a lot of sphincters are going to be clinching in NY that day :)

Bubba Dawg
10-23-2009, 06:52 PM
IF and this is a very big IF the angles can win on Saturday a lot of sphincters are going to be clinching in NY that day :)

Better believe it.

ralph wiggum
10-23-2009, 10:54 PM

Again, who are these "Angles" everyone keeps talking about? :confused:

JB
10-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Game 6 on Saturday canceled.

They should play a make up double header on Sunday. :D

Bubba Dawg
10-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Game 6 on Saturday canceled.

They should play a make up double header on Sunday. :D

You know, a double-header in the LCS would be a hulluva thing. I'd be in favor of it.

Brilliant idea.

Molon Labe
10-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Uh oh....Saunders is lookin' tired and it looks like Yankee stadium mystique is starting to get to him....and here comes Jeter.

Lars1701a
10-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Looks like the yankees are getting better calls from the ump, is this what we can expect from them in the WS? :mad:

Molon Labe
10-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Looks like the yankees are getting better calls from the ump, is this what we can expect from them in the WS? :mad:

:rolleyes:

Just play the game.

Lars1701a
10-26-2009, 09:02 AM

Just play the game.

Easy for you to say when you are getting the calls. Saw it for the dodgers and now prolly going to see it these umps.

Molon Labe
10-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Easy for you to say when you are getting the calls. Saw it for the dodgers and now prolly going to see it these umps.

40 pennants and 26 W.S. is pretty hard sell on getting the hometown calls. Umps make bad calls all the time . So Pettite got the outside corner. So what......So did Maddux and Glavine....ALL THE TIME. If that's the case, then you'd better start swinging at the outside stuff. Stars get the benefit of the doubt. He's a HOF pitcher who's a post season icon. You'll see it when they start giving Pedro the corners too. I won't be crying.

Rebel Yell
10-26-2009, 09:34 AM

Just play the game.

Got to go ahead and get the excuses ready. Don't you know that no Philly team ever just loses?

Lars1701a
10-26-2009, 11:15 AM
40 pennants and 26 W.S. is pretty hard sell on getting the hometown calls. Umps make bad calls all the time . So Pettite got the outside corner. So what......So did Maddux and Glavine....ALL THE TIME. If that's the case, then you'd better start swinging at the outside stuff. Stars get the benefit of the doubt. He's a HOF pitcher who's a post season icon. You'll see it when they start giving Pedro the corners too. I won't be crying.

All those pennants and WS wins and 25cents will get you a cup of coffee. I watched both series and I can live with bad calls IF and only IF they were pretty much even, but the dodgers seemed to get more favored calls. Wonder why? might they have wanted a Dodger vs yanks WS? :rolleyes:

I just cant wait for the ass kissing the Fox announcers will lay on the yanks. :rolleyes: In the NLCS the announcers called the game as if the Phills were not the WS champs, you wait and see if they call the WS like that.

Lars1701a
10-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Got to go ahead and get the excuses ready. Don't you know that no Philly team ever just loses?

Well the Phills have not lost in the last 2 years, so in fact you are wrong and again if they are fair with both teams I can live with that. I saw a different strike zone for each team last night and please dont say I am wrong.

Phills in 6

Molon Labe
10-26-2009, 02:39 PM
All those pennants and WS wins and 25cents will get you a cup of coffee. I watched both series and I can live with bad calls IF and only IF they were pretty much even, but the dodgers seemed to get more favored calls. Wonder why? might they have wanted a Dodger vs yanks WS? :rolleyes:

I just cant wait for the ass kissing the Fox announcers will lay on the yanks. :rolleyes: In the NLCS the announcers called the game as if the Phills were not the WS champs, you wait and see if they call the WS like that.

Yep..but see...this isn't the Yankees that had no pitching in the early decade. This team has the arms and the bats. It much more resembles when Pettite, Mendoza, Wetteland, Rivera and Wells were on the mound than when the Yanks had no middle relief.
In addition, we'll see how the Phils handle wiping the drool off their chins from being in THE Yankee stadium. I'm betting once that wears off, It'll be a bit too late. There is no place like a game in New York. Just ask Pedro.

Lars1701a
10-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Yep..but see...this isn't the Yankees that had no pitching in the early decade. This team has the arms and the bats. It much more resembles when Pettite, Mendoza, Wetteland, Rivera and Wells were on the mound than when the Yanks had no middle relief.
In addition, we'll see how the Phils handle wiping the drool off their chins from being in THE Yankee stadium. I'm betting once that wears off, It'll be a bit too late. There is no place like a game in New York. Just ask Pedro.

Ya it really affected us when we won 2 out of three games :rolleyes: and if i am not to much mistaken we would have won another game if not for the blown save lidge had in that "park". New York blows and you are going to get a taste of real pitching this week.

Its going to be called "the house ryan built". Dont worry you are going to see a good pitcher take the mound for the Phills.

lacarnut
10-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Nothing like a little Yankee animosity. Go Phils.

JB
10-26-2009, 05:14 PM
In addition, we'll see how the Phils handle wiping the drool off their chins from being in THE Yankee stadium. I'm betting once that wears off, It'll be a bit too late. There is no place like a game in New York. Just ask Pedro.You mean THE Yankee stadium where the Phils took 2 out 3 and were leading 4 to 2 in the bottom of the 9th before Lidge blew a save? THAT Yankee Stadium? Where the Phils practically swept the Yankees. Yeah, I don't think they'll be phased much.

JB
10-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Um, I'd say yeah but on the way off chance I lose, how could I wear 2 Avs? I guess I could switch off every other day! But on the other hand having you two at my mercy is tempting! :DI'll just knock our bet back to a week. You wear my av for a week and then you were whoever else wants in on the action for a week after that, etc.

Molon Labe
10-26-2009, 05:25 PM
You mean THE Yankee stadium where the Phils took 2 out 3 and were leading 4 to 2 in the bottom of the 9th before Lidge blew a save? THAT Yankee Stadium? Where the Phils practically swept the Yankees. Yeah, I don't think they'll be phased much.

It's fun talkin' smack...isn't it. :D

NJCardFan
10-26-2009, 06:27 PM
All of those championships have nothing to do with the poor umpiring in the Angels/Yankees series. Ste strike zone was iffy for both sides but game 4, ugh. How do you see 2 runners who were not on the base get tagged? How do you miss a pick off attempt where the runner is diving back to the base and in doing so pushes the shortstop's glove, with the ball in it, into the bag and is called safe. In the Minnesota series, how do you not see a ball land 6 inches fair not to mention having it bounce off the left fielder's glove and call it foul. The only call I saw going against the Yanks was in game 4 where the called the runner leaving 3rd too early when he clearly didn't. The umpiring has been so bad that they are going to be going to be using better quality umpires instead of using this new rotation system.

Bubba Dawg
10-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Congrats to the Yankees on the pennant.

Now, Go Phillies!!!!

Molon Labe
10-26-2009, 07:57 PM
All of those championships have nothing to do with the poor umpiring in the Angels/Yankees series. Ste strike zone was iffy for both sides but game 4, ugh. How do you see 2 runners who were not on the base get tagged? How do you miss a pick off attempt where the runner is diving back to the base and in doing so pushes the shortstop's glove, with the ball in it, into the bag and is called safe. In the Minnesota series, how do you not see a ball land 6 inches fair not to mention having it bounce off the left fielder's glove and call it foul. The only call I saw going against the Yanks was in game 4 where the called the runner leaving 3rd too early when he clearly didn't. The umpiring has been so bad that they are going to be going to be using better quality umpires instead of using this new rotation system.

Game 4 was a mess, I concede that, but regardless, you're not winning with 1 run...not against this team.

So even if all this is true, how much more important are those 8 horrendous errors and shoddy base running so often on display for L.A.? So while blaming the umps on calls that were pretty much a non factor is fun,those 8 errors are a heck of big deal. Want to tell me how important that 13th inning error in game 2 was because Angel scrubs were trying to make things happen (Izturis)? Ask Bill Buckner how important fundamental fielding is.
Take care of your business on fundamentals and the rest will take care of itself.

NJCardFan
10-26-2009, 09:30 PM
You don't know that they're non-factors. Game was still close at that point in game 4.

Fact is, if you think the Yanks are going to waltz in and sweep us you're delusional.

Lars1701a
10-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Wait till the spankees get a taste of a pitcher with a .074 era AND had pitched into the 8th inning on 3 occasions.

Lars1701a
10-26-2009, 11:24 PM
You don't know that they're non-factors. Game was still close at that point in game 4.

Fact is, if you think the Yanks are going to waltz in and sweep us you're delusional.

I have never seen a more poised team in a long time (Phills). Nothing phases them, so when they take at least 1 game out of the first two AND they come back to philly, the yanks will be sweating bullets.

lacarnut
10-26-2009, 11:38 PM
It is going to be a great series. Yanks will probably be favorites but will pulling for the Phils.

Lars1701a
10-26-2009, 11:55 PM
It is going to be a great series. Yanks will probably be favorites but will pulling for the Phils.

Why oh why are the favorites? Because they have home field? I will put our hitters against theirs anyday. I just have to see the first game to know how this is going to fall out pitching wise. I already broke my rule about talk smack before the series starts :)

We lit up CC last year when he played with the brewers.

Molon Labe
10-27-2009, 07:46 AM

Nobody said "Sweep" but you.

The bottom line of our analysis is that you think it was Umps, I think it was shoddy fielding and baserunning that lost the game for the Angels. I think the Yankees win in 6.

NJCardFan
10-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Nobody said "Sweep" but you.

The bottom line of our analysis is that you think it was Umps, I think it was shoddy fielding and baserunning that lost the game for the Angels. I think the Yankees win in 6.

Not what I said at all. What I said is that the bare bones of it is that the Yanks get the calls. Whether or not it has a direct impact on the game is one thing but if it does, count on the Yanks getting the favorable calls.

expat-pattaya
10-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Why oh why are the favorites? Because they have home field? I will put our hitters against theirs anyday. I just have to see the first game to know how this is going to fall out pitching wise. I already broke my rule about talk smack before the series starts :)

I am no Yanks fan (Cards "sob").

I think CC was overused in 2008. You faced him once and he was gone in 3 innings. Don't expect the same Tomorrow.

Of note is that both starters tomorrow are lefties. ADN as for hitting, team offenses:

Yanks #1

Phillies #4

Team hitting against left:

Yankees - #1

Phil - #6

A betting man would take the Yankees tomorrow.

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 11:33 AM
I am no Yanks fan (Cards "sob").

I think CC was overused in 2008. You faced him once and he was gone in 3 innings. Don't expect the same Tomorrow.

Of note is that both starters tomorrow are lefties. ADN as for hitting, team offenses:

Yanks #1

Phillies #4

Team hitting against left:

Yankees - #1

Phil - #6

A betting man would take the Yankees tomorrow.

against a pitcher with a ERA of .074 good luck with that bet.

The thing is we know CC so we can hit CC.

expat-pattaya
10-27-2009, 12:23 PM
against a pitcher with a ERA of .074 good luck with that bet.

The thing is we know CC so we can hit CC.

An era over 3 starts isn't a real measure. Lee is good but so is CC. Who is 1.19 n the playoffs. And again, you hit him ONCE. :)

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 01:14 PM
An era over 3 starts isn't a real measure. Lee is good but so is CC. Who is 1.19 n the playoffs. And again, you hit him ONCE. :)

Lee is a cya young winner :rolleyes:

Like I said if they come out to play and are not rusty then the yanks will lose at least one game of the first two.

You yank fans have to remember that its also very loud in philly and by no means a easy ballpark to play in. Except for some shaky pitching from Ho che min (chan ho park) in game 2 we would have swept the dodgers.

Molon Labe
10-27-2009, 01:45 PM

Yep. Pitching in the AL is a big differene with that DH. Plus CC has dropped his ERA almost an entire point over the last 4 years.
Lee is good, but he's 4-4 with a 5.02 ERA in nine career starts against the Yankees

I'd be concerned about having to rely on Hamels in game 3. He has the potential to get boinked really good. He's been pretty inconsistant.

and then there's Pedro..

Pedro's 11-11 with a 3.20 ERA in 32 career starts against the Yankees, and is 1-2 with a 4.71 ERA in six postseason appearances against them

This could get ugly quick. I'm not saying it will, but what's more likely?

After all the Yankees are Pedro's "daddy". :p

patriot45
10-27-2009, 08:04 PM

Hey Lars, let me rank the two teams by position!

1st base..... edge Yankees

2nd base.....edge Yankees

s/s............edge Yankees

3rd base.....edge Yankees

RF.............edge Yankees

CF.............edge smelly phillys

LF.............edge Yankees

Catcher.......edge Yankees

Starting pitching... edge Yankees

Relief pitching.... edge Yakees

Bench...... edge Yankees

:D:D

All kidding aside this will be a tough even matched series, I see it Yankees in 6! :D

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey Lars, let me rank the two teams by position!

1st base..... edge Yankees

2nd base.....edge Yankees

s/s............edge Yankees

3rd base.....edge Yankees

RF.............edge Yankees

CF.............edge smelly phillys

LF.............edge Yankees

Catcher.......edge Yankees

Starting pitching... edge Yankees

Relief pitching.... edge Yakees

Bench...... edge Yankees

:D:D

All kidding aside this will be a tough even matched series, I see it Yankees in 6! :D

Bullshit on SS Rollins is better then what the spankees and I dont even know whos plays SS for them. You do realize what team had the fewest errors this year? or who are the World champs? or the fact that the yanks are 1 and 2 against them? or the fact the pussy AL has a DH? did you factor that in?? or the fact Hamles was the MVP of the WS last year? and CC couldnt carry Lee's jockstrap?

patriot45
10-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Bullshit on SS Rollins is better then what the spankees and I dont even know whos plays SS for them. You do realize what team had the fewest errors this year? or who are the World champs? or the fact that the yanks are 1 and 2 against them? or the fact the pussy AL has a DH? did you factor that in?? or the fact Hamles was the MVP of the WS last year? and CC couldnt carry Lee's jockstrap?

Do you live in a hole in the ground? Do you know anything about baseball?

Derek Jeter plays short stop! He hit 335 this year! He is Mr. Cool., Mr. Clutch!

He made all of 8 errors this year!

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 09:29 PM

Derek Jeter plays short stop! He hit 335 this year! He is Mr. Cool., Mr. Clutch!

Please Rollins had like 80 games without a error did jeter do that? Oh and Rollins had 6 errors so eat it.

Oh he's fucked Maddona? that makes him a douche in my book. AGAIN edge for SS goes to Philly.

On edit: I dont give a shit about the yanks to know their team but they will know the Phills after they smoked by them.

patriot45
10-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Please Rollins had like 80 games without a error did jeter do that? Oh and Rollins had 6 errors so eat it.

Oh he's fucked Maddona? that makes him a douche in my book. AGAIN edge for SS goes to Philly.

Jeter is taller! :D

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 09:35 PM
LETS DO 1st basemen

RYAN HOWARD 41HRs 141 RBI's

Mark Teixeria: 39 HR 122 RBI's

want to keep this up?

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 09:38 PM

Sorry I ALMOST forgot, Rollins will be taking the Mr Clutch title after that triple he hit in game 3 of the NLCS.

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 09:42 PM
2nd Basement

Utley 31 HR 93 RBI's

Yankees 2nd basemen whom i couldnt care to put his name down 25 HR 85 RBI's

patriot45
10-27-2009, 09:42 PM
LETS DO 1st basemen

want to keep this up?

Edge to Marks fielding, offensive stats were pretty close!

ralph wiggum
10-27-2009, 09:43 PM
LETS DO 1st basemen

want to keep this up?

Teixeira is a far better fielder, I'd call 1B a wash.

patriot45
10-27-2009, 09:43 PM
2nd Basement

Utley 31 HR 93 RBI's

Again offensive stats close, Cano is a better 2nd baseman!

ralph wiggum
10-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Edge to Marks fielding, offensive stats were pretty close!

Get out of my brain! :D

patriot45
10-27-2009, 09:46 PM
2nd Basement

Utley 31 HR 93 RBI's

How about 3rd "basement"! :D

A-Rod against whats his name!

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Again offensive stats close, Cano is a better 2nd baseman!

Oh really?

Utley 12 errors

Cano 12 errors

Double plays turned 97 for utley 96 for cano

patriot45
10-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Oh really?

Utley 12 errors

Cano 12 errors

Proved my point, pretty equal, edge Yankees! :D

patriot45
10-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Oh really?

Utley 12 errors

Cano 12 errors

Cano can spit farther than Utterly!

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 09:54 PM
How about 3rd "basement"! :D

A-Rod against whats his name!

Typo look it up

15 errors and .996 fielding % for feliz

9 errors and .967 fielding % for a-rod

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Cano can spit farther than Utterly!

If you are going to be a tool and say the yanks have an edge over the phills in SS, 1st and 2nd basemen you better get your facts straight. Just because they play in NY dont mean shit.

patriot45
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Here is your new avatar, you and JB can share this for a couple of weeks!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/yankee-1.gif

Alex Rodriguez, Yankees
.286, 30 HR, 100 RBI

Not quite a full season, you are doomed!

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Teixeira is a far better fielder, I'd call 1B a wash.

Oh really?

Defensive chances= put outs + assists+ errors

Howard 1409

Teixeira 1275

Would give a slight edge maybe for fielding

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Here is your new avatar, you and JB can share this for a couple of weeks!

Alex Rodriguez, Yankees
.286, 30 HR, 100 RBI

Not quite a full season, you are doomed!

Has A- roid shown up for a playoff yet?

Ryan Howard

.279 BA 45 HR and 141 RBI's

patriot45
10-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Has A- roid shown up for a playoff yet?

Ryan Howard

.279 BA 45 HR and 141 RBI's

Yes this year! A-rod is on fire, Texiera is getting hot and so is Damon. With the steady Jeter, Posada and Swisher ready to explode it can get messy for the Fillies!

Rivera will be the deciding factor!

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Yes this year! A-rod is on fire, Texiera is getting hot and so is Damon. With the steady Jeter, Posada and Swisher ready to explode it can get messy for the Fillies!

When the yanks look up the definition of "on fire" the see a pic of Ryan Howard.

You dont have to talk trash to me to boost your flagging spirits its alright the Champs are going to come in your house and show you how to play baseball tomorrow night. :D

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 10:13 PM

Rivera who?

Molon Labe
10-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Rivera who?

You'll find out.....Probably tonight. :D

expat-pattaya
10-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Baseball SMackdown :D

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/deeds619/southparkmysterio2.jpg

expat-pattaya
10-28-2009, 11:21 AM
If anyone is interested, What IF Sports ran simulations of this matchup. They ran over 10,000 simulations using what I don't know.

Their results is Yankees are likely winners. In 6. Always interesting to see how computer models fare against the real world. They are 5 out of 6 the last 6 years including picking the Phillies last year and the Cardinals in 2006.

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=2009WorldSeries&GT1=39002

NJCardFan
10-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Game 1 Phillies win 4-3.

Game 2 Yanks win 5-4

Game 3: Phils win 8-7

Game 4: Phils win 7-2

Game 5: Yanks win 2-1

Game 6: Phils win 7-3

Phils win in 6...I can manipulate things too. Besides, whoever is in charge of this site knows nothing. They have Ibanez in RF, Werth in CF, and Victorino in LF.

Molon Labe
10-28-2009, 12:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4600814

Beating Sabathia three times and holding up despite a bullpen disadvantage will be very difficult for the Phillies.

Two lineups=even. Cliff Lee vs. CC Sabathia=even. Pedro Martinez vs. A.J. Burnett=even. Cole Hamels vs. Andy Pettitte=even. Mariano Rivera? Checkmate

The Yankees would have won 110 games if they had played in the NL East.

Great Analysis.
21 out of 23 agree.....:D

expat-pattaya
10-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Game 1 Phillies win 4-3.

Game 2 Yanks win 5-4

Game 3: Phils win 8-7

Game 4: Phils win 7-2

Game 5: Yanks win 2-1

Game 6: Phils win 7-3

Phils win in 6...I can manipulate things too. Besides, whoever is in charge of this site knows nothing. They have Ibanez in RF, Werth in CF, and Victorino in LF.

I don't know if they are manipulating anything. And the positioning isn't important. I believe they use a statistical computer generated simulation of games played between the two teams using season long defensive averages and pitching and hitting stats. The Phillies have reason to be hopeful since computers can't measure things like hot streaks or "cajones". No telling who will wilt or step it up under WS pressure.

The bad news for Phillies fans is this is the same simulation that projected the Phils over the Rays last year against the common grain. And they have been right 5 of the last 6 years. I don't know if they go back further than that.

We;ll see. I do find it interesting some of the Phillies fans don't even know the players on the other team and just assume since their team is good they will win. Let me assure you - BOTH teams are very good and names like Jeter, A-Rod, Texiera and Cano will become apparent as your Howard, Werth and Utley.

IMO the series is going to come down to a few players. If Texiera wakes up and A-Rod stays hot Yanks win in 5. If Ryan stays torrid and the Phils bullpen sucks it up they might win. But face it - the Phillies a
re the underdog here.

marinejcksn
10-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Almost every sports writing Schmuck alive picked the Rays in '08 and totally counted the Phils out. Vegas gave Tampa Bay great odds. What happened? Phils whooped their candy arse. So I'm not putting much stock in what the "experts" think. :D

And another thing, just to get it off my chest: F&*% the Yankees anyway. They're supposed to win every year. You're SUPPOSED to always be the best when you can throw Billions out there and scoop up the highest priced talent. Go Phils. Win one for the Gipper.

expat-pattaya
10-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Almost every sports writing Schmuck alive picked the Rays in '08 and totally counted the Phils out. Vegas gave Tampa Bay great odds. What happened? Phils whooped their candy arse. So I'm not putting much stock in what the "experts" think. :D

And another thing, just to get it off my chest: F&*% the Yankees anyway. They're supposed to win every year. You're SUPPOSED to always be the best when you can throw Billions out there and scoop up the highest priced talent. Go Phils. Win one for the Gipper.

Hey, slow down doggie. I'm a cards fan not a yanks fan :D

I'm just winding up the phils fans here who think they are a shoo in for the win. BTW, in this case this group of "experts" picked the Phillies last year over the Rays.

Molon Labe
10-28-2009, 02:38 PM

One thing............................................T he Yanks aren't the Rays. :D

Show some love to America's team.....Come on.....it just isn't October without Pumpkins, Pennsylvania Porters and Pinstripes.

Molon Labe
10-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Here's a question: Let's see how objective you can be

Why is it the Yankees spend more money than other baseball teams?
I really kinda get tired of hearing about this all the time.

Here's my take on the truth of the matter.

First, New York is THE biggest market for sports.
It has a vast fan base to tap into and the media market is the largest in the country. There are more Yankee fans than any one else. (There are also more Yankee haters)

It's a smart organization: They have the best farm system in baseball. Despite being criticized for being a team that "buys" it's players, most of the talent that won the 4 1990's championships were all home grown no names. Rivera, Pettite, Jeter, Williams, Posada, Mendoza, El Duque', Soriano....all started in the Yanks system.

Sure they filled in the gaps with some names..., but who doesn't.....except for OWNERS who could give a rats ass about WINNING and care more about PROFITS.
But really...how is buying players working out for them? They didn't even sniff a World Series in the 80's and they've been pretty dry this decade.

Look Steinbrenner is a eccentric old loon, but he wants to WIN. Despite all his drawbacks, he's a fan of the game...just like Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder who are both willing to spend money. (How's that woking out for them?)
If you think it's just about money and New York city, then go ask the Jets and Nicks....how you doin'

Couple all these things together and you get a dynasty occassionally.

Why don't you ask yourself why your favorite owners don't SPEND A RED DIME TO WIN.

See the Dallas Cowboys or the Los Angeles Lakers. They have owners and markets that support their teams and desperately want to win..... but remember that in Football there is much more parity, because of "restrictions" on spending. If that's what you want in Baseball, then just admit it, but it it won't be a "free market system".

So while some of you are preacing socialism in Baseball here's a link (http://www.democrats.org/volunteer.html) that will really interest you all. You can complain there about being "fair" and "sharing the wealth" cause that's what your basically suggesting. :D

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 03:45 PM
One thing............................................T he Yanks aren't the Rays. :D

Show some love to America's team.....Come on.....it just isn't October without Pumpkins, Pennsylvania Porters and Pinstripes.

And when the Phills win in the next week you'll be able to say you saw the beginning of a dynasty. I believe the Phills will want to beat the yanks just to shut up people like you and cement their back to back championships.

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Here's a question: Let's see how objective you can be

Why is it the Yankees spend more money than other baseball teams?
I really kinda get tired of hearing about this all the time.

Here's my take on the truth of the matter.

First, New York is THE biggest market for sports.
It has a vast fan base to tap into and the media market is the largest in the country. There are more Yankee fans than any one else. (There are also more Yankee haters)

It's a smart organization: They have the best farm system in baseball. Despite being criticized for being a team that "buys" it's players, most of the talent that won the 4 1990's championships were all home grown no names. Rivera, Pettite, Jeter, Williams, Posada, Mendoza, El Duque', Soriano....all started in the Yanks system.

Sure they filled in the gaps with some names..., but who doesn't.....except for OWNERS who could give a rats ass about WINNING and care more about PROFITS.
But really...how is buying players working out for them? They didn't even sniff a World Series in the 80's and they've been pretty dry this decade.

Look Steinbrenner is a eccentric old loon, but he wants to WIN. Despite all his drawbacks, he's a fan of the game...just like Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder who are both willing to spend money. (How's that woking out for them?)
If you think it's just about money and New York city, then go ask the Jets and Nicks....how you doin'

Couple all these things together and you get a dynasty occassionally.

Why don't you ask yourself why your favorite owners don't SPEND A RED DIME TO WIN.

See the Dallas Cowboys or the Los Angeles Lakers. They have owners and markets that support their teams and desperately want to win..... but remember that in Football there is much more parity, because of "restrictions" on spending. If that's what you want in Baseball, then just admit it, but it it won't be a "free market system".

So while some of you are preacing socialism in Baseball here's a link (http://www.democrats.org/volunteer.html) that will really interest you all. You can complain there about being "fair" and "sharing the wealth" cause that's what your basically suggesting. :D

Its easy to spend the money the yanks get when they get the lion share of baseball profits, if they had split up the revenue like the NFL it would be an entire different story.

Molon Labe
10-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Its easy to spend the money the yanks get when they get the lion share of baseball profits, if they had split up the revenue like the NFL it would be an entire different story.

That link (http://www.democrats.org/volunteer.html) in the thread above is for you buddy. :D

patriot45
10-28-2009, 04:40 PM

Ever hear of revenue sharing? The Yanks gave up 79 million and your fillies took about 5 million in!
I think that was 2006 numbers, I can't imagine what they give up now!

Molon Labe
10-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Lars....I'm just jabbin you and all the Phillies fans. (well sort of).

In all seriousness. I hope for a great game tonight and a classic series. good luck.:)

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 05:27 PM

In all seriousness. I hope for a great game tonight and a classic series. good luck.:)

Dude I know :)

I am just having fun. :D

Though I dont know how any non-evil person can follow any NY or Dallas team

Molon Labe
10-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Dude I know :)

I am just having fun. :D

Well... I can't stand Dallas. Naturally.

I'm a Skins fan:(

See....I really do know the meaning of supporting a losing franchise for an entire generation. :p

ralph wiggum
10-28-2009, 05:32 PM

I don't begrudge those who grew up or lived in the area for being a fan. I was a Cowboys fan as a little kid in the Midwest, then spent years in the Metroplex during their down years, and stayed a fan.

expat-pattaya
10-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Great game one going so far. Utley hasn't been too fooled by CC so far :eek:

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Want to make sure the yankee fans on this board have not jumped from the Brooklyn bridge.

patriot45
10-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Want to make sure the yankee fans on this board have not jumped from the Brooklyn bridge.

Calm down Francis! Lee was a master today! You drew first blood! Yankees in 6! :D

NJCardFan
10-28-2009, 10:51 PM

6-1 Phils. Wow. Lee was awsome. Rollins eats that ball hit by Teixiera and it's a shutout but it's still an unearned run for Lee. Tomorrow's game will be interesting with Pedro pitching.

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
6-1 Phils. Wow. Lee was awsome. Rollins eats that ball hit by Teixiera and it's a shutout but it's still an unearned run for Lee. Tomorrow's game will be interesting with Pedro pitching.

Ya if the phills win it, its lights out for the spanks.

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Calm down Francis! Lee was a master today! You drew first blood! Yankees in 6! :D

I was only worried about you guys. :D

Molon Labe
10-29-2009, 07:00 AM

What can you say.

Lee was a beast. Not much you can do when he's dialing up the strike zone like a dart board with numbers.
Good game. We've got our work cut out for us now.

NJCardFan
10-29-2009, 11:37 AM
No mystery with Burnett as we've faced him already and there certainly isn't any surprises between Pedro and the Yanks. This depends on which Pedro shows up today but I'm pretty sure the Yankees fans are going to kill him. I should be able to hear the boos from South Jersey.

Rebel Yell
10-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Tomorrow's game will be interesting with Pedro pitching.

Who said this? "I tip my hat and call the Yankees my daddy"

Lars1701a
10-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Who said this? "I tip my hat and call the Yankees my daddy"

Well you will be hearing the crowd tonight saying "You're are our daddy now pedro"

Molon Labe
10-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Well you will be hearing the crowd tonight saying "You're are our daddy now pedro"

He won't have any old men to beat up tonight. :p

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xXZEtVM2044/SEleSlgdJII/AAAAAAAAABY/DajhR3Lb8wU/s320/PedroZimmer.jpg

Rebel Yell
10-29-2009, 03:52 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xXZEtVM2044/SEleSlgdJII/AAAAAAAAABY/DajhR3Lb8wU/s320/PedroZimmer.jpg

He might be the old man getting beat up tonight.

Lars1701a
10-29-2009, 04:01 PM

If you are dumb enough to get in anyones face you cant take you deserve to get faceplanted. I would love for the phills to win tonight but it dont break us one way or another. We did the two things that we had to do,set the tone for the series, took one of the 2 games at the spankees home and the other was smashing their faces at the get go.

Lars1701a
10-29-2009, 04:03 PM
He might be the old man getting beat up tonight.

You do know he shut down the Dodgers in game 2? for seven shut out innings? and pulled for no reason, if not for Ho che men (chan ho park) we would have one that series in four not five.

JB
10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
He won't have any old men to beat up tonight. :pI don't know what Zimmer was thinking that day. He must have had an HGH sandwich for lunch. :D

patriot45
10-29-2009, 10:27 PM
I don't know what Zimmer was thinking that day. He must have had an HGH sandwich for lunch. :D

Keepin the thread alive! You fillie fans can toss and turn now its 1-1!! Just like the plan! :D

patriot45
10-29-2009, 10:35 PM
G'night Lars! See you Saturday nite! Good luck! ......Not! :cool::D

Lars1701a
10-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Keepin the thread alive! You fillie fans can toss and turn now its 1-1!! Just like the plan! :D

Give home field to a team thats 11-1 at home in the last 12 playoff games? :rolleyes:

Now if we lose on saturday i might start getting worried....

patriot45
10-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Give home field to a team thats 11-1 at home in the last 12 playoff games? :rolleyes:

Now if we lose on saturday i might start getting worried....

Ok, i'll revise! Yankees in 7! :D

Lars1701a
10-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Ok, i'll revise! Yankees in 7! :D

Funny where were you last night? only one lame post and mono was no where to be found. You are very prolific tonight.

patriot45
10-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Funny where were you last night? only one lame post and mono was no where to be found. You are very prolific tonight.

Pay attention, last nite I gave plenty of props to Cliff Lee, I am done now. It's Yankee time! Embrace your anger, you'll need it, its over!

Lars1701a
10-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Pay attention, last nite I gave plenty of props to Cliff Lee, I am done now. It's Yankee time! Embrace your anger, you'll need it, its over!

No when its over your tears of disappointment will taste like candy on my tongue and dont forget you will be getting at least another dose of Lee.

Lars1701a
10-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Oh this is my last post on this thread if you want to keep it up, get you and your other butt buddy yankee fan to keep bumping it. :D

Good night

patriot45
10-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Oh this is my last post on this thread if you want to keep it up, get you and your other butt buddy yankee fan to keep bumping it. :D

Good night

OK! Bump....+1

See you Saturday at your house, crybaby! :D

Molon Labe
10-30-2009, 08:15 AM

Good night

See...Even a Yankee Thread is the Greatest :D

Molon Labe
11-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Bump for Bronx Bomber superiority.

patriot45
11-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Well, the Yanks are up 3 games to 1! Can it all end tonite? Go Yankees!!!

Ita already 1-0 Yanks!

Bubba Dawg
11-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Well, the Yanks are up 3 games to 1! Can it all end tonite? Go Yankees!!!

Ita already 1-0 Yanks!

Personally, if the Yankees are gonna win it, I'd like to see 'em win it at home in the new stadium.

SarasotaRepub
11-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Yanks are sucking big time...5-1. :eek::D

djones520
11-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Yanks are sucking big time...5-1. :eek::D

Nah, they just want to finish it on home turf.

patriot45
11-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Nah, they just want to finish it on home turf.

6-1 now, oh well, like Bubba said, we will win it at home! :D Buy you never know, this game ain't over till its over!

SaintLouieWoman
11-02-2009, 10:33 PM
6-1 now, oh well, like Bubba said, we will win it at home! :D Buy you never know, this game ain't over till its over!

6-2 now. Where's Lars? He should be happy. :D

This is better, hope the Phillies win tonight. I hate those sweeps (sour grapes after my Cards were swept).

Ooops, Phils just got another homer. Now 7-2. It was Utley.

expat-pattaya
11-02-2009, 10:46 PM
6-2 now. Where's Lars? He should be happy. :D

This is better, hope the Phillies win tonight. I hate those sweeps (sour grapes after my Cards were swept).

Ooops, Phils just got another homer. Now 7-2. It was Utley.

Is there a chance Utley is a free agent this year and the Cards could land him :D

SaintLouieWoman
11-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Is there a chance Utley is a free agent this year and the Cards could land him :D

That's a good idea. Did you hear that Mark McGwire will be the Card's hitting coach this year? Hope he doesn't pass out the "vitamins". Remember that android stuff he was taking. One of the local sportswriters said he'll be explaining his usage after the series. Supposedly LaRussa said McGwire will answer questions, but after the series' completion.

Lars1701a
11-03-2009, 12:01 AM
I refuse to talk trash everytime I do it bites me in the arse.

I have never seen a more lucky team then the yanks, utley slipping, blown calls, fly balls hitting camras (that should a be ground rule doubles). Total bums on the yankees pitching staff looking like the second coming of sandy cofax.

I of course get pissed when you lose games due to bullshit like that. Now that Pedro is up and rested and the yanks only have a tired petiet (or whatever his name is) I just hope grape ape (howard) wakes the fuck up and gets his head out of his ass. Who knows? Lets just come out and play game 6.

expat-pattaya
11-03-2009, 03:47 AM
That's a good idea. Did you hear that Mark McGwire will be the Card's hitting coach this year? Hope he doesn't pass out the "vitamins". Remember that android stuff he was taking. One of the local sportswriters said he'll be explaining his usage after the series. Supposedly LaRussa said McGwire will answer questions, but after the series' completion.

Yeah. Mac needs to hold a press conference if he is getting back into baseball. BUT WQAITING TIL THE CLASSIC IS OVER IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. DON'T DISTRACT FROM WHAT HAS BEEN A HOTLY CONTESTED SERIES.

Dan caps lock key :D

SaintLouieWoman
11-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah. Mac needs to hold a press conference if he is getting back into baseball. BUT WQAITING TIL THE CLASSIC IS OVER IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. DON'T DISTRACT FROM WHAT HAS BEEN A HOTLY CONTESTED SERIES.

Dan caps lock key :D

Understand the caps key lock thing, as my laptop is over 4 years old and various keys get sticky. The space bar doesn't always work the greatest either. SR was upset when I held my laptop upside down and shook it to get out the crumbs and miscellaneous stuff. The next time I did that at least I turned it off first. :D It's getting to be time for a new computer. Or else I can just attach the external keyboard. That might buy me a bit more time.

Back to the subject---apparently MLB asked for the delay til after the WS. LaRussa apparently really pushed the Cards management to bring on McGwire. Ditto with Pujols, also a Big Mac fan.

NJCardFan
11-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Utley is under contract for 3 more years. Believe me, he'll be a Philly for life. As for the Series, it's the first Series since 2003 to reach game 6. The Phillies should be in the driver's seat but the Yankees have been the beneficiary of every kind of break in the book. They have hit very few balls hard and I've never seen a team get so many doink hits as the Yankees. It's baseball, it happens. The Phils have also pitched themselves into a hole. Good starts by Martinez and Blanton were spoiled by either the bullpen or the Phillies hitters not being able to hit in key situations. The Yankees, even though they haven't been hitting all that well have gotten hits in key spots. A-Rod has a grand total of 4 hits but all 4 hits are extra base hits(including 1 homerun) and he has 6 R'sBI(in case anyone wonders, I say R'sBI because it's runs batted in and not run batted in's). Only 2 Yankees have been hitting consistently and that's Damon and Jeter. Everyone else has been fair to horrible. 4 regular starters are hitting under .200.

The Phils by contrast haven't been hitting either. Howard is trying to set an unreachable record for striking out in a World Series(12 so far) and the Phillies as a team have struck out 43 times(Yanks, 45) but Howard and Ibanez have combined for half of those. We also aren't getting anything from Rollins and Victorino. Last night they finally got on base in front of Utley and he delivered. Speaking of which, Utley is killing the Yankees when he hits the ball. He has 6 hits: 1 double and 5 HR's. The big difference is that the Phils don't have anyone who's been hitting consistently like Jeter and Damon and that's been the difference. I do believe that if the series goes 7 games, game 7 is anybody's ballgame as CC will be pitching his 3rd game in 7 days. I'm hoping the Phils win game 6 because if they do, they'll somewhat save face win or lose game 7.

patriot45
11-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Utley is under contract for 3 more years. Believe me, he'll be a Philly for life. As for the Series, it's the first Series since 2003 to reach game 6. The Phillies should be in the driver's seat but the Yankees have been the beneficiary of every kind of break in the book. They have hit very few balls hard and I've never seen a team get so many doink hits as the Yankees. It's baseball, it happens. The Phils have also pitched themselves into a hole. Good starts by Martinez and Blanton were spoiled by either the bullpen or the Phillies hitters not being able to hit in key situations. The Yankees, even though they haven't been hitting all that well have gotten hits in key spots. A-Rod has a grand total of 4 hits but all 4 hits are extra base hits(including 1 homerun) and he has 6 R'sBI(in case anyone wonders, I say R'sBI because it's runs batted in and not run batted in's). Only 2 Yankees have been hitting consistently and that's Damon and Jeter. Everyone else has been fair to horrible. 4 regular starters are hitting under .200.

The Phils by contrast haven't been hitting either. Howard is trying to set an unreachable record for striking out in a World Series(12 so far) and the Phillies as a team have struck out 43 times(Yanks, 45) but Howard and Ibanez have combined for half of those. We also aren't getting anything from Rollins and Victorino. Last night they finally got on base in front of Utley and he delivered. Speaking of which, Utley is killing the Yankees when he hits the ball. He has 6 hits: 1 double and 5 HR's. The big difference is that the Phils don't have anyone who's been hitting consistently like Jeter and Damon and that's been the difference. I do believe that if the series goes 7 games, game 7 is anybody's ballgame as CC will be pitching his 3rd game in 7 days. I'm hoping the Phils win game 6 because if they do, they'll somewhat save face win or lose game 7.

If your team loses take it like a man and stop with the Umps are against us or they breaks always go the other way! Did the breaks go the other way in game 1 when Lee put his hand up and the ball fell into his glove! Did they go the other way when Howard did that spectacular belly flop at home in game 4 and never toched the plate, or how about last nite! Your s/s does not like to let his dainty feet touch the bag on DPs, we all saw it except the Ump. Stop biching and moaning and take it!
Like I said in the beginning--- Yankees in 6! :D

Lars1701a
11-03-2009, 12:09 PM
If your team loses take it like a man and stop with the Umps are against us or they breaks always go the other way! Did the breaks go the other way in game 1 when Lee put his hand up and the ball fell into his glove! Did they go the other way when Howard did that spectacular belly flop at home in game 4 and never toched the plate, or how about last nite! Your s/s does not like to let his dainty feet touch the bag on DPs, we all saw it except the Ump. Stop biching and moaning and take it!
Like I said in the beginning--- Yankees in 6! :D

Like I said you are a dishonest bag of douche, so go play with grandchild and STFU. A blind man can see what breaks the yanks are getting. Oh for the record his foot did brush the bag. I am not going to go quitely into that good night.

Lars1701a
11-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Now that the yanks screwed themselves with a 3 man rotation their pitcher tomorrow is working on 3 nights rest and CC will have to pitch again with 3 days rest. Now if pedro pitches like he did in game 2 and GET SOME DAMN run support it will go to game 7. The yanks are not beating us things like Ryan striking out 12 times are.

Rebel Yell
11-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Lars,

Maybe your Phillies are the new Braves. Good enough to win one, and go to many.

Lars1701a
11-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Lars,

Maybe your Phillies are the new Braves. Good enough to win one, and go to many.

Hush up. :p:D

Rebel Yell
11-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Hush up. :p:D

It's a run you hate while it's going on, but appreciate when it's over.

Lars1701a
11-03-2009, 12:32 PM
It's a run you hate while it's going on, but appreciate when it's over.

I went into the WS knowing the phills are going against history but I just cant believe way somethings are going against them. Well the core of this team is going to be together for sometime.

Rebel Yell
11-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I went into the WS knowing the phills are going against history but I just cant believe way somethings are going against them. Well the core of this team is going to be together for sometime.

But. They're still the Phillies.

Lars1701a
11-03-2009, 12:51 PM
But. They're still the Phillies.

Well I predicted 6 games for phills guess I was off by one game. :D

Oh boy you better hope the phills lose, becuase if they dont I will plaster this site with thread after thread plus I will jam each and every yanks fans Mail box with good stuff to remind them how good the phills are.

I just hate seeing a better team(phills) playing down to a worse one. (yanks)

patriot45
11-03-2009, 01:00 PM
The fillies are a good team but I seiously doubt that they are a better team playing down to an inferior one!
See below!

*-NY Yankees 103 - 59 .636

Philadelphia 93 - 69 .574

Oh and this little stat should get you nervous! :D
Home Away
57-24 46-35

Molon Labe
11-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Like I said you are a dishonest bag of douche, so go play with grandchild and STFU. A blind man can see what breaks the yanks are getting. Oh for the record his foot did brush the bag. I am not going to go quitely into that good night.

Yeah...but sometimes the more preperation and talent you have.....the more "breaks" and "luck" you get.
Yanks should close out Wednesday.

expat-pattaya
11-03-2009, 03:18 PM

In this day and age it is hard to predict how long a player will stay with his team. If the Phils fall out of contention as a team when he becomes a free agent he might want to move. hard to say. I know I hope Pujols stays with the Cardinals for life but you have to face the reality of today. Looking at the Phils roster, if I had to choose a "franchise player" at this time it is Utley hands down. Howard might be a formidable power threat but he can be neutralized if you don't throw him mistakes. In the case of Utley any strike is a mistake :D

As for breaks, hey, I am not biased. I am not impressed with the umpiring this year. But I do't think it has favored one side over the other and it has not caused any game to be decided by a mistake IMO. The series is where it should be based on play.

As for you having slumping hitters credit Yankees pitching. As the Yanks should credit Phils pitching for shutting Texiera and Cano down. Both are quality productive hitters and they are also not doing jack.

It is my opinion this next game will decide it. I don't think either starter is going to be dominant and back in NY with Matsui in the lineup I expect the Yanks to outhit and out bullpen the Phils. Series in 6.

But - ya never know ;)

Lars1701a
11-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah...but sometimes the more preperation and talent you have.....the more "breaks" and "luck" you get.
Yanks should close out Wednesday.

Ya prep helped with that camra hit, or the sqeezing of the strike zone in games 2 and 3, or ryan striking out 12 times in the WS or our top 3 batters not showing up

You know what really pissed me off about that call? Jeter before it shouldve been struck out and then that HR that should have been a ground rule double. Its crap like that changes games for one side or another.

Dont count the phills out yet.

JB
11-03-2009, 05:43 PM
You know what really pissed me off about that call? Jeter before it shouldve been struck out and then that HR that should have been a ground rule double. Its crap like that changes games for one side or another.Dude, will ya chill out with the tinfoil and conspiracy crap.

The umpires and managers go over the ground rules before every game. Just to let you know, the groud rules at CBP were that any ball that struck those cameras was going to be a home run. They didn't decide what the call should be on the spot. Did you notice how quickly they reviewed it? Once they saw it definitely hit the camera, it was ruled a home run, just like they discussed in the ground rules.

The Yankees are good but they are very beatable. The Twins and the Angels should have beat them. The only reason the Phillies didn't win this in four is because they aren't hitting or they aren't hitting at the right time.

Lars1701a
11-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Dude, will ya chill out with the tinfoil and conspiracy crap.

The umpires and managers go over the ground rules before every game. Just to let you know, the groud rules at CBP were that any ball that struck those cameras was going to be a home run. They didn't decide what the call should be on the spot. Did you notice how quickly they reviewed it? Once they saw it definitely hit the camera, it was ruled a home run, just like they discussed in the ground rules.

The Yankees are good but they are very beatable. The Twins and the Angels should have beat them. The only reason the Phillies didn't win this in four is because they aren't hitting or they aren't hitting at the right time.

Well they only hope is that pedro goes in there and pitches like he did in game 2 and out bats pick up. :(

Molon Labe
11-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Ya prep helped with that camra hit, or the sqeezing of the strike zone in games 2 and 3, or ryan striking out 12 times in the WS or our top 3 batters not showing up

You know what really pissed me off about that call? Jeter before it shouldve been struck out and then that HR that should have been a ground rule double. Its crap like that changes games for one side or another.

Dont count the phills out yet.

I won't...Just a prediction. It's not over by any means. I do like our chances against Pedro though.

patriot45
11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
I won't...Just a prediction. It's not over by any means. I do like our chances against Pedro though.

Well game 6 tonite! Pedro, who's your Daddy!!!! :D

That was Lars bait!:D

patriot45
11-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Good luck Lars and JB!

Just kidding! :D

Go Yanks!!1

patriot45
11-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I know talkin smack can bite you in the ass, so what its fun!! :D

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/110409_pedronypost_410.jpg

patriot45
11-04-2009, 08:34 PM
2-0 ! So far so good! Who's your daddy! :D

patriot45
11-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Cool!! I'll talk to myself and keep giving me updates!:D 4-1 Yankees!

Hey Lars good call on strike three on A-rod, huh!?:rolleyes:

Molon Labe
11-04-2009, 09:48 PM
2-0 ! So far so good! Who's your daddy! :D

He can take his pick on Daddy. Jeter, Godzilla......:p

patriot45
11-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey Bob! Its still 4-1. How about them Umps! They are killing the Yanks!

I agree.:D Struck out A-rod with the bases loaded, the ball was a foot outside!

I know, and what about that shrunken strike zone for the fillies!

Don't worry about it. Go Yanks!!

Molon Labe
11-04-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm glad they moved Teixara to the bottom of the line up.....spreads more runs out through the inning that way. :D

patriot45
11-04-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm glad they moved Teixara to the bottom of the line up.....spreads more runs out through the inning that way. :D

Its funny, if the fills were winning I would still be here takin it! Lars and JB are awol! :D

patriot45
11-04-2009, 09:58 PM
+1 snort!

Rubbin it is fun too! 7-1 Yanks!:D

Molon Labe
11-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Its funny, if the fills were winning I would still be here takin it! Lars and JB are awol! :D

yeah....If I hadn't been at my A.T. this week, i would have been more vocal. This is the first break tonight. Glad I get to watch this on though. Been almost a decade since the last one.

Yeah...I'm saying it. Were into the Phils podunk bullpen with the best post season guy on the mound and a 7-1 lead with this Offense.

patriot45
11-04-2009, 10:03 PM
yeah....If I hadn't been at my A.T. this week, i would have been more vocal. This is the first break tonight. Glad I get to watch this on though. Been almost a decade since the last one.

Yeah...I'm saying it. Were into the Phils podunk bullpen with the best post season guy on the mound and a 7-1 lead with this Offense.

Best part is Lars can't use that cheap Ump excuse this game! Win in spite of the Umps!

patriot45
11-04-2009, 10:15 PM
7-3, Howard just homered!

Never liked him! Go Yanks!!:D

+1

Molon Labe
11-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Didn't the Yanks crank on Ho Cho Min the other night?

Molon Labe
11-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Gotta go tonight.

Matsui finally paid off. Hopefully Rivera get's the big save.

SarasotaRepub
11-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Go Yanks!!!!

patriot45
11-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Go Yanks!!!!

The filies are going to make it exciting! From My perspective its a great game! :rolleyes::D

patriot45
11-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Oh man, the rumors are flying! Utley will be a Yankee next year!! Whoot!

BTW, I started this rumor!:D

expat-pattaya
11-04-2009, 11:29 PM
You are SOOOOOO wrong about Utley. And evil too.

Cards get him :D

patriot45
11-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Let me be the first one to congradulate myself! You go Yankees! You beat the unbeatable filies!!

Yay!

patriot45
11-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Its time for this.....
From JB!

Yo Bob, av bet time.

1) Winner picks the av.

And then this from Lars!..

I want in on this bet

So the nice guy I am, You just have to wear a Yankee AVI for one week!

Caveat: JB is a swoop and pooper, we won't see him for a couple of weeks.:D

Lars is a magician, he has disappeared!

Whoot to the Yankees!

NJCardFan
11-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Just goes to show you that you can buy a championship.

patriot45
11-05-2009, 12:37 AM

Thats your excuse!?! Good one. Should we level the playing field? Liberal much! :D I think the Yanks gave 79 million in revenue sharing last year, need more?

C'mon. I'll give the phillies props, they were tough. The Yankees were tougher. Money don't buy a winner, this was a team! Rivera was there forever, as was Jeter, Posada, Petit, Cano, Posada et al! We buy the spare parts! :D

patriot45
11-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Screw it, I'm going to bed! +1

Molon Labe
11-05-2009, 06:27 AM

Show me a sport where they don't. Every great franchise spends money. That's a fact. Salary cap is garbage and a lie. Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland in the NFL are a mess.
Cry me a river.

Yankees Champs.

SarasotaRepub
11-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Lets see those new avatars losers...:p:D

Rebel Yell
11-05-2009, 09:31 AM

Thanks to the only free market in sports. Salary caps are communist. :D

Molon Labe
11-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Its time for this.....
From JB!

And then this from Lars!..

So the nice guy I am, You just have to wear a Yankee AVI for one week!

Caveat: JB is a swoop and pooper, we won't see him for a couple of weeks.:D

Lars is a magician, he has disappeared!

Whoot to the Yankees!

dying to see what those two will look like in pinstripes. :D

JB
11-05-2009, 05:18 PM
...JB are awol! :DDude. You must have had too many white wine spritzers to drink last night.

I've never posted while the game was in progress. I can't be awol if I was never present-wol. :D

patriot45
11-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Dude. You must have had too many white wine spritzers to drink last night.

I've never posted while the game was in progress. I can't be awol if I was never present-wol. :D

Ha! They were mountain dew spritzers!

The avi looks good on you! :D

Bubba Dawg
11-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Congratulations to the Yankees....the Bastards.

Winning it at home in the New Yankee Stadium was a nice touch.

Wait til' next year. :D

Molon Labe
11-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Dude. You must have had too many white wine spritzers to drink last night.

I give you credit. You're one really good sport. :cool:

expat-pattaya
11-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Well done JB. How long was the bet for?

patriot45
11-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Well done JB. How long was the bet for?

Ah, just a week, under his rules it was one week for each game played! JB is a man, now Lars on the other hand...... I haven't seen him since he lost! :D

JB
11-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Well done JB. How long was the bet for?I think we finally settled on a week because I thought he was going to have other action.

and thanks ML.

Now, if there's any Cowboys fans around I'm willing to go another round with one of them pukes!! :D

on edit: confirmed by patriot45

lacarnut
11-06-2009, 10:29 PM
I hate to admit it but the best team won the W.S. Phils need to unload Pedro cause the old horse ain't what he used to be.

expat-pattaya
11-07-2009, 09:14 AM
I hate to admit it but the best team won the W.S. Phils need to unload Pedro cause the old horse ain't what he used to be.

Pedro wasn't the problem. Not having anything after Lee was the problem. They need to repair their rotation.

Lucky for me as a Cards fan - harder than it sounds :D