PDA

View Full Version : Obama Aide Defends Favorite Philosopher

megimoo
10-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Ridiculed by right-wing commentators for remarks indicating that Mao Tse-tung was her favorite philosopher, White House communications director Anita Dunn fired back at her critics, saying that “racial prejudice and ideological blinders shouldn’t keep us from acknowledging greatness wherever we find it.”

"Behold the liberal Mind in Full Bloom !"
“Mao rescued his country from centuries of feudalism,” Dunn claimed. “The person that could accomplish such a feat is worthy of both admiration and emulation.”.."He murdered 35 million to 65 million ."
Dunn said Mao’s detractors make too much of the so-called brutality of his methods .."He murdered 35 million to 65 million ."
The masses of China were largely illiterate—like most of the world’s people. There was no time for squeamish notions of democracy or human rights.
.."He murdered 35 million to 65 million ."
Landlords and counterrevolutionaries had to be contended with in a rough and ready way.”.."He murdered 35 million to 65 million ."

“He was also cute in a roly-poly kind of way,” Dunn added. “And I understand his sexual prowess was legendary.”
President Obama belittled Dunn’s critics pointing out that “many of FDR’s appointees were Communist sympathizers too. Yet, his was one of the most successful Administrations in US history. So, I definitely think there is a lot to be said for keeping an open mind on this topic.”
Historians estimate that Mao’s regime murdered 35 million to 65 million inhabitants of China. He is also rumored to have “seduced” over 1,000 women.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2364742/posts

Comments :
Is this true? Was this from the Onion? Mao was a bloody tyrant who murdered millions. He makes Hitler look enlightened. This woman needs to resign ASAP with twisted views like this. How long will it be before she thinks the Tea Party People need to be killed or placed in the camps for the good of the nation and the lower classes. What happened to the America I loved? When did it become a haven for Communists and left wing nut jobs? What was the point when America started to fall? Was it the assassination of Martin Luther King? Was it the Tet Offensive? Was it the death of Robert Kennedy? Or the fall of Nixon? Or the fall of Saigon?
What event started the decline— Carter?

hampshirebrit
10-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Interesting.

But can you provide any other, preferably more reliable, sources for Dunn's words other than FreeP?

I would like to think that there are other sources, and that this is worth pursuing (in fact, I'd really like to), but absent more reliable sources, I'm minded not to make the effort.

PoliCon
10-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Interesting.

But can you provide any other, preferably more reliable, sources for Dunn's words other than FreeP?

I would like to think that there are other sources, and that this is worth pursuing (in fact, I'd really like to), but absent more reliable sources, I'm minded not to make the effort.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/10/15/whs_anita_dunn_says_mao_is_favorite_philosopher.ht ml

megimoo
10-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Interesting.

I would like to think that there are other sources, and that this is worth pursuing (in fact, I'd really like to), but absent more reliable sources, I'm minded not to make the effort.And You Being lazy then have put the burden on me ?

As for the Freeper's being a reliable source.I'll put them up against any other source for Accurate,Honest,Conservative,reporting and for the willingness to call a spade a spade.

They are quite often 'First to Market' with breaking news and are fiercely loyal to their cause !I am not myself a member but I most often read and quote their copy.If you would recommend another more reliable news source with the exception of Lucianne have at it !

http://www.mixx.com/stories/8637927/obama_aide_fires_back_at_beck_over_mao_remarks_cnn _com
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/14/AR2009101403850.html

Speedy
10-17-2009, 07:09 PM
I know a question I would like to ask that bitch. Would she employ Mao's "rough and ready" ways against those that stand against enlightenment in America today?

Sonnabend
10-17-2009, 07:37 PM
“He was also cute in a roly-poly kind of way,” Dunn added. “And I understand his sexual prowess was legendary.”

He likes boys and girls...the younger, the better. Ten was his favouirite age.

megimoo
10-17-2009, 10:09 PM
I know a question I would like to ask that bitch. Would she employ Mao's "rough and ready" ways against those that stand against enlightenment in America today?In a heartbeat !

ExLiberal
10-17-2009, 10:36 PM
I know a question I would like to ask that bitch. Would she employ Mao's "rough and ready" ways against those that stand against enlightenment in America today?

Of course she would. Let's not pretend like these people actually have morals.

fettpett
10-17-2009, 10:53 PM
pretty funny coming from the same people that sit and lecture the US about these " squeamish notions of democracy or human rights."

typical Bull that comes from their mouths

Speedy
10-17-2009, 11:20 PM
In a heartbeat !

They would never "vigorously interogate" a foreign terrorist but would put pistols to back of American citizens' heads. They would probably bury us in shallow graves as compost is good for the soil you know.

megimoo
10-18-2009, 01:00 AM
This In White House Communications Director Anita Dunn own words .

All in all an edifying little confession from an upfront avowed Maoist in a 'key 'White House Position .
Why didn't we hear a denouncement of this 'fools' open ignorance from Obama ?

For the White House Chief of Staff and the rest of his high level advisers to allow this critter to publicly say these words without issuing a denial speaks volumes of their tacit approval of her words.

“Mao rescued his country from centuries of feudalism,” Dunn claimed. “The person that could accomplish such a feat is worthy of both admiration and emulation".(She saysThe White House should Admire and Emulate his murderous methods ?)

She justifies Mao's brutality by virtue of China's backwardness and praises him for using these measures to correct it.
"Dunn said Mao's detractors make too much of the so-called brutality of his methods."

Those who lost family or property under his tyranny are unreasonable to denounce Mao As a Butcher and are making 'Too Much' of His so-called brutality (35-65 Million Murdered) .
"The masses of China were largely illiterate—like most of the world's people. There was no time for squeamish notions of democracy
or human rights."

The Chinese people are uneducated and thereby stupid like most of 'those people' in the world !

It's apparently acceptable to rape,torture and murder those without the proper education, in her liberal mind, to build an empire .
"Landlords and counterrevolutionaries had to be contended with in a rough and ready way."

So She justifies Mao's Methods by virtue of his victims resisting his robbery and murders ?

ExLiberal
10-18-2009, 10:57 AM
This In White House Communications Director Anita Dunn own words .

All in all an edifying little confession from an upfront avowed Maoist in a 'key 'White House Position .
Why didn't we hear a denouncement of this 'fools' open ignorance from Obama ?

For the White House Chief of Staff and the rest of his high level advisers to allow this critter to publicly say these words without issuing a denial speaks volumes of their tacit approval of her words.

“Mao rescued his country from centuries of feudalism,” Dunn claimed. “The person that could accomplish such a feat is worthy of both admiration and emulation".(She saysThe White House should Admire and Emulate his murderous methods ?)

She justifies Mao's brutality by virtue of China's backwardness and praises him for using these measures to correct it.
"Dunn said Mao's detractors make too much of the so-called brutality of his methods."

Those who lost family or property under his tyranny are unreasonable to denounce Mao As a Butcher and are making 'Too Much' of His so-called brutality (35-65 Million Murdered) .
"The masses of China were largely illiterate—like most of the world's people. There was no time for squeamish notions of democracy
or human rights."

The Chinese people are uneducated and thereby stupid like most of 'those people' in the world !

It's apparently acceptable to rape,torture and murder those without the proper education, in her liberal mind, to build an empire .
"Landlords and counterrevolutionaries had to be contended with in a rough and ready way."

So She justifies Mao's Methods by virtue of his victims resisting his robbery and murders ?

The quote in red is hers?? Link please?

hampshirebrit
10-18-2009, 11:38 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/10/15/whs_anita_dunn_says_mao_is_favorite_philosopher.ht ml

Thanks, Poli. That's something I can work with ... actual video of the dreadful woman in action, sure enough, stating that Mao is one of her two favourite "philosophers".

megimoo
10-18-2009, 12:09 PM
The quote in red is hers?? Link please?

As per the usual quote marks are used to indicate direct quotes either hers or mine.

The whole post is my comments on her words and I have quoted her actual words .

My point was that she made these outlandish statements as the Assistant to the President for Communications of this Administration and since they didn't censure her because of her remarks they must agree with her .

PoliCon
10-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks, Poli. That's something I can work with ... actual video of the dreadful woman in action, sure enough, stating that Mao is one of her two favourite "philosophers".

You're welcome. I know how frustrating it is asking some people for reliable sources - or even to post links. :rolleyes:

GrumpyOldLady
10-19-2009, 03:45 PM
“racial prejudice and ideological blinders shouldn’t keep us from acknowledging greatness wherever we find it.”
THEIR prejudice and ideological blinders sure kept them from acknowledging 'greatness' that has happened on the right side of the political spectrum.

Oh ... and there is nothing great about MAO.
He might have a 'great' thrown in Hell.
But that's about it.