PDA

View Full Version : Phillies

JB
10-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Phillies hand the Dodgers a gift after Pedro pithces a masterpiece.

No problem. Phillies in 5.

I don't know if anyone else is watching but is TBS the absolute worst for baseball? I'm pretty sure Buck Martinez and Chip Caray have mental disorders. And how come I never know who is warming up in the bullpens?

Lars1701a
10-17-2009, 05:51 PM

I don't know if anyone else is watching but is TBS the absolute worst for baseball? I'm pretty sure Buck Martinez and Chip Caray have mental disorders. And how come I never know who is warming up in the bullpens?

They are a bit biased towards the Dodgers if you ask me.

I fail to see why they pulled pedro when he was mowing down dodgers. :mad:

No matter phills have homefield advantage and will take it in six.

Bubba Dawg
10-17-2009, 06:03 PM
I don't like the TBS coverage much.

Phillies in six.

NJCardFan
10-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Charlie Manuel manages not to lose instead of managing to win. Had Pedro been throwing a no-hitter, does he still pull him at that point? Of course not. Well, he was throwing a 2 hitter at that point and he had the Dodgers off balance all night long. So instead of being up 2 it's tied. If we lose tomorrow, we lose the series.

SaintLouieWoman
10-18-2009, 11:26 AM
They are a bit biased towards the Dodgers if you ask me.

I fail to see why they pulled pedro when he was mowing down dodgers. :mad:

No matter phills have homefield advantage and will take it in six.

Hope the Phils win. And yes, TBS was terrible in its coverage.

NJCardFan
10-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Hope the Phils win. And yes, TBS was terrible in its coverage.

The TBS announcers were nearly openly cheering for Colorado in the NLDS. And now they're nearly openly cheering for the Dodgers. This is why I'm hoping we win this series to shut them the hell up. I'm also rooting for Anaheim but being down 0-2 and having to win 4 of the next 5 from the Yanks, that's all but impossible.

ralph wiggum
10-18-2009, 05:20 PM

Chip Caray is horrid. Was so glad when the Cubs dumped his ass. Martinez is fine to me. It does seem like they're rooting a little for the Dodgers too.

Bubba Dawg
10-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Phillies 4 to 0 !!!

In the first. Jason Werth homers.

ralph wiggum
10-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Phillies 4 to 0 !!!

In the first. Jason Werth homers.

6-0. Guess I'll be watching more of the Bears/Falcons game than baseball the rest of tonight.

Lars1701a
10-18-2009, 10:15 PM
If charley would have left padro in we might be up 3-0 :(

NJCardFan
10-19-2009, 02:07 AM
11-0 final. Wow. Hope we didn't score too many runs. LOL. Win tomorrow and we're definately in the drivers seat.

Lars1701a
10-20-2009, 12:03 AM
FUCKING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cardiac KiDDs do it again. :D

Lars1701a
10-20-2009, 12:08 AM
I hope Hamles will come out tomorrow and show a glimpse of what he was last year :)

Is it me? or were those douche bags calling the game? :mad:

NJCardFan
10-20-2009, 12:20 AM
I hope Hamles will come out tomorrow and show a glimpse of what he was last year :)

Is it me? or were those douche bags calling the game? :mad:
Actually game 5 is Wednesday. But I think the Dodgers are toast now.

And no, it's not you. I can't believe these guys call themselves professional. Actually openly rooting for one of the teams.

Lars1701a
10-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Actually game 5 is Wednesday. But I think the Dodgers are toast now.

And no, it's not you. I can't believe these guys call themselves professional. Actually openly rooting for one of the teams.

LOL sorry about that mistake, i am shocked they won that one.

JB
10-20-2009, 04:59 PM
That's what I'm talking about!!

Maybe they'll start paying the defending world champions some freaking respect now.

Phillies in 5 even though Hamels will be a bitch again tomorrow.
Phillies in 5 vs. Yankees or Angels.

:D

lacarnut
10-20-2009, 05:21 PM
I pull for anyone but the Dodgers and the Yanks. Go Phillies.

If anyone watched the Saints game, you had to listen to the most biased asshole announcer that tops them all. Troy Aikman disputed at least 4 calls that went the Saints way or calls that his blind ass saw but the refs did not.

Lars1701a
10-20-2009, 05:41 PM

If anyone watched the Saints game, you had to listen to the most biased asshole announcer that tops them all. Troy Aikman disputed at least 4 calls that went the Saints way or calls that his blind ass saw but the refs did not.

Announcers on TBS are the biggest asskissers I have ever heard for a baseball game. Its like the Dodgers were playing scrubs instead of the WS champs. :mad:

Bubba Dawg
10-20-2009, 05:48 PM
I will really enjoy a series between the Phillies and Yankees, if that's how it shakes out.

Can't wait.

Phillies all the way.

Molon Labe
10-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Go Yanks

NJCardFan
10-21-2009, 12:59 AM

You ought to hear him call a Cowboys game. Worse than him is his old teammate Moose Johnson. During the NFC Divisional playoff game between Arizona and Carolina I half expected them to give a shot of the booth and see Johnson wearing a Panther jersey. When the Cardinals went up 20-7, Johnson actually said, "don't worry, they'll blow the lead before long." The Cards won the game 33-13.

lacarnut
10-21-2009, 01:10 AM
You ought to hear him call a Cowboys game. Worse than him is his old teammate Moose Johnson. During the NFC Divisional playoff game between Arizona and Carolina I half expected them to give a shot of the booth and see Johnson wearing a Panther jersey. When the Cardinals went up 20-7, Johnson actually said, "don't worry, they'll blow the lead before long." The Cards won the game 33-13.

Next time he announces a game, I will mute it. I miss Madden. I would like to see the ex Indy coach, Tony Dungy, in the booth. He would better than Aikman and Collinsworth

NJCardFan
10-22-2009, 01:17 AM
PHILLIES-2009 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPS!!!!!

NOW BRING ON THOSE FUCKING YANKEES!!!!!!

lacarnut
10-22-2009, 01:44 AM
PHILLIES-2009 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPS!!!!!

NOW BRING ON THOSE FUCKING YANKEES!!!!!!

I hope the Phillies put an ass whipping on the Yanks. Not going to be easy as LA though.

Jumpy
10-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Yay!!!!!

NJCardFan
10-22-2009, 12:11 PM
I hope the Phillies put an ass whipping on the Yanks. Not going to be easy as LA though.

Especially since the Yankees have the umpires in their pockets. Those calls, or non calls as it were, were ridiculous. How do you not know the rules?

Lars1701a
10-22-2009, 12:21 PM
BRING ON THE SPANKEES.

Looks like the bullpen is starting to come together :)

Lars1701a
10-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Especially since the Yankees have the umpires in their pockets. Those calls, or non calls as it were, were ridiculous. How do you not know the rules?

What station is going to call the world series? I sure hope it aint TBS.

ralph wiggum
10-22-2009, 12:32 PM
What station is going to call the world series? I sure hope it aint TBS.

It will be on Fox.

IIRC, the World Series starts next Wednesday for some stupid reason. That's a long layoff.

Lars1701a
10-22-2009, 01:34 PM
It will be on Fox.

IIRC, the World Series starts next Wednesday for some stupid reason. That's a long layoff.

If the yanks win tonight they should play on Monday at the latest.

Molon Labe
10-22-2009, 02:00 PM
BRING ON THE SPANKEES.

Looks like the bullpen is starting to come together :)

your gonna need it.

Lars1701a
10-22-2009, 04:20 PM
your gonna need it.

Whats the record between the two teams this year? I know two of the loses were due to blown saves and since lidge has his mojo back we shall see.

I am not going to talk trash till the WS is won :D

Bubba Dawg
10-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Whats the record between the two teams this year? I know two of the loses were due to blown saves and since lidge has his mojo back we shall see.

And yer gonna stop after that.....????:p:D

I can't wait for the series.

JB
10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
That was supposed to be the best team in the NL? That was the team that every paper, broadcaster and media hack thought would go to the World Series? That was the team that the TBS fags were fellating every night, even when the Phils were smacking the crap out of them? Give me a break. The Phils just delivered a beating. Take a shower Manny, you hack. Vincente Padilla and Randy Wolf? Are you kidding? We bounced those clowns out of Philly three years ago, when they sucked. :D

Let's recap and look ahead:
2008 - Phils put a beating on the Brewers, the Dodgers and the Rays.
2009 - Phils put a beating on the Rockies, the Dodgers and the Yankees.
2010 - Phils put a beating on the Rockies, the Braves and the Angels.
2011 - Phils put a beating on the Cubs, the Braves and the Red Sox.

I can't wait until the Phils lefthanders start launching to right in Yankee stadium. That's going to be the house that Howard built. This is gonna be sweet. ;)

By the way - the series starts on Wednesday the 28th, no matter how many games the ALCS goes.

Bubba Dawg
10-22-2009, 06:20 PM
That was supposed to be the best team in the NL? That was the team that every paper, broadcaster and media hack thought would go to the World Series? That was the team that the TBS fags were fellating every night, even when the Phils were smacking the crap out of them? Give me a break. The Phils just delivered a beating. Take a shower Manny, you hack. Vincente Padilla and Randy Wolf? Are you kidding? We bounced those clowns out of Philly three years ago, when they sucked. :D

I can't wait until the Phils lefthanders start launching to right in Yankee stadium. That's going to be the house that Howard built. This is gonna be sweet. ;)

By the way - the series starts on Wednesday the 28th, no matter how many games the ALCS goes.

w00tage!!! The Braves are moving up!!!!!

Molon Labe
10-23-2009, 12:09 PM

Oh come on. It's so much fun. Then you get to raze me for talking so much crap if the Phils win. ;)

BTW: I guess Phils fans get a little crazy when they start winning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swL3ebr1_Do

Lars1701a
10-23-2009, 12:14 PM

It wasn't just the TBS douche bags that were fellating the dodgers, it was just about every other sports writer proclaiming the dodgers the NL winners this year. :mad:

I saw a sigh that said " to manny roids" about sums up it up.

NJCardFan
10-23-2009, 12:30 PM

Actually, the Phils won the season series 2-1 and Lidge blew the 2nd game when we had a 4-2 in the 9th.

As for the media perception of the Phils, I'm ecstatic that everyone is picking against them. When we win the Series again, everyone of them is going to be enjoying a big dish of crow. These are the same dopes who discounted our win last year because our opponent was the Rays even though they had the 3rd best record in baseball and I recall the "experts" picked the Rays to win anyhoo. It's a wonderful thing to watch the Phils making everyone look stupid. My only worry here is the obvious bias the umpires have for the Yankees.

As for Howard and Yankee stadium, rare is a Howard pulled home run. In actuality, Utley, Rollins, Victorino, and Ibanez should have fun with that short porch especially Victorino who tends to yank his homeruns. Howard hits most of his to right center or left center. Werth, even though he's a right handed hitter, tends to go the other way but never right down the right field line.