PDA

View Full Version : Sharpton threatens suit against Limbaugh

PoliCon
10-18-2009, 12:50 AM
October 17, 2009
Sharpton threatens suit against Limbaugh
Posted: October 17th, 2009 03:37 PM ET

From CNN Associate Political Producer Emily Sherman

WASHINGTON (CNN)– Reverend Al Sharpton and his lawyers say they are preparing to file a defamation lawsuit against conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh for an op-ed published Saturday, which Sharpton alleges "erroneously" characterizes his (Sharpton's) role in a string of violent incidents in New York in the early 90's.

In the op-ed published in Saturday's Wall Street Journal Limbaugh writes Sharpton "played a leading role in the 1991 Crown Heights riot (he called neighborhood Jews ‘diamond merchants’) and 1995 Freddie's Fashion Mart riot."

The Crown Heights riot began after a Hasidic Rabbi accidently struck and killed an African American boy with his car. The boy died from the injuries–sparking four nights of riots. The Rabbi was not charged, but Sharpton played a large role in rallying on behalf of the young boy’s family and the African American community.

According to a statement put out by Sharpton’s media consultant, a study New York Governor Mario Cuomo commissioned showed Sharpton was not involved in the Crown Heights incident until after the rioting concluded.

"Mr. Limbaugh's blatant and defamatory statements CONTINUED . . . . (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/17/sharpton-threatens-suit-against-limbaugh/?=LOL)

fettpett
10-18-2009, 01:53 AM
um...from what Rush has said this week i think Rush has his own lawsuit against these clowns for the crap that they have been saying about him for the last couple weeks. hopfully this will show ppl how big of morons Sharpton and Jackson are

NJCardFan
10-18-2009, 02:04 AM
Sharpton should keep his fat mouth shut. Funny how he forgets the shitstorm he started with Tawana Brawley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley_rape_allegations).

PoliCon
10-18-2009, 07:50 AM
um...from what Rush has said this week i think Rush has his own lawsuit against these clowns for the crap that they have been saying about him for the last couple weeks. hopfully this will show ppl how big of morons Sharpton and Jackson are

Well while you wait for people to realize how stupid Jackson and Sharpton are - you hold your breath and let us know how it's going ;)

djones520
10-18-2009, 08:38 AM
This could be interesting. I'm putting my money on Limbaugh.

expat-pattaya
10-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Sharpton will NEVER sue.

If he did, then people might examine his actions in retrospect and he really doesn't want that.

stsinner
10-18-2009, 09:26 AM
How could you defame a piece of shit like Al Sharpton?

I don't know if my money is on Limbaugh, even though my support is with him.. Look what Sharpton was able to do to Imus..

NJCardFan
10-18-2009, 11:15 AM
How could you defame a piece of shit like Al Sharpton?

I don't know if my money is on Limbaugh, even though my support is with him.. Look what Sharpton was able to do to Imus..

Which is what emboldened him. He got one white talk show host kicked off the air albeit for a short time so now he wants to go after the leviathan that is the EIB Network. Funny thing is that Sharpton was the Crown Hights marches so what is he suing about?

djones520
10-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Which is what emboldened him. He got one white talk show host kicked off the air albeit for a short time so now he wants to go after the leviathan that is the EIB Network. Funny thing is that Sharpton was the Crown Hights marches so what is he suing about?

He denied inflamming the situation. So that means he couldn't have. Don't you get it?

Yeah... I don't either.

stsinner
10-18-2009, 11:30 AM

Al Sharpton is a professional victim and extortionist.. He has done more harm to race relations than Imus ever could..

NJCardFan
10-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Al Sharpton is a professional victim and extortionist.. He has done more harm to race relations than Imus ever could..

He's not as bad as Jackson at extortion. Hell, books have been written about Jackson's methods.

Apache
10-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Rush carefully words his statements, he has to, just for these reasons. Sharpton thinks he was the one that got Rush thrown out of the Rams deal, now he wants blood. (figuratively)

fettpett
10-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Well while you wait for people to realize how stupid Jackson and Sharpton are - you hold your breath and let us know how it's going ;)

yeah, i'm not holding my breath on that one. Sharpton is a moron, but too many Americans are also morons and i don't see them changing because Al gets his ass handed to him in Court

PoliCon
10-18-2009, 09:08 PM
yeah, i'm not holding my breath on that one. Sharpton is a moron, but too many Americans are also morons and i don't see them changing because Al gets his ass handed to him in Court

Most of the problem is the press coverage they get. Change the press coverage they get and you will change how people view them.

fettpett
10-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Most of the problem is the press coverage they get. Change the press coverage they get and you will change how people view them.

very true, but a verdict against Sharpton would do wonders for normal people, especially when they see the media's reaction to it

lacarnut
10-21-2009, 01:01 AM
very true, but a verdict against Sharpton would do wonders for normal people, especially when they see the media's reaction to it

Will not phase the liberal clowns that support him and his black brothers one iota. He could give a shit less about the rest of the enlightened.