PDA

View Full Version : Fox and CNN

megimoo
10-19-2009, 12:20 PM
"That Old White House Propaganda Bag Anita Dunn Rages On!"

The White House communications director, Anita Dunn, contrasted Fox News with CNN: Fox News is just a Republican opinion outlet, she said, while CNN is a real news network.

Of Fox, she said, “Let’s not pretend that they’re a news network, the way CNN is.” She said this on CNN, of course. (In the 1990s, conservatives used to refer to it as “the Clinton News Network.”)

I got to thinking. Fox has some opinionists, such as O’Reilly and Beck.

Fox also has news anchormen and correspondents.

CNN has those, too. One of the CNN anchors is Anderson Cooper — he’s their star, as I understand it. The hurricane guy. When the “tea party” protests got going earlier this year, Cooper interviewed David Gergen.

snip

Then Cooper said, “It’s hard to talk when you’re teabagging.” He said this smirkingly.

"A Flaming Faggot Like Cooper Has Expert First Hand Experience and Knowledge Of the In's and Out's of Gay Tea_Bagging !"

He was referring to a sexual practice defined by the Urban Dictionary as follows: “the insertion of one man’s sac[] into another person’s mouth.”

Would a Fox News anchor ever, ever say anything like this — ever?

Can you conceive it? But that is what CNN anchormen do, apparently.

When people tell you that CNN is a real news network, whereas Fox isn’t — I would just smile at them.

P.S. It was Anderson Cooper, the mainstream news anchor, who started the derogatory references to anti-Obama protesters as “teabaggers.”snip

P.P.S. Another CNN anchorman, Rick Sanchez, spread racist quotations allegedly from Rush Limbaugh. These quotes were fabrications, meant to damage Limbaugh. Do Fox anchormen engage in slander and defamation?

P.P.P.S. Anita Dunn tried to pass off her tribute to Mao as something she once heard from Lee Atwater. Has Lee Atwater become the Democrats’ standard — the arbiter of Democratic discourse? What an interesting turn of events.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YjkzNjI5ZTIyM2Q3ZWY5YmY0ZDJkNDVlMWZkZjRkMDY=

Gingersnap
10-19-2009, 12:28 PM
I haven't felt the need to watch any "news" programs since the Internet got going but this flap over Fox has made me actually turn Fox news on over the past week for the first time ever.

I wonder how many other people are also watching Fox for the first time? :D

hampshirebrit
10-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Would a Fox News anchor ever, ever say anything like this — ever?

Probably not, but there is this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTmTtwJzkXk

"... oops". :D

Goldwater
10-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Probably not, but there is this ...

"... oops". :D

Hey! Shep Smith is great! :D

megimoo
10-19-2009, 01:47 PM
I haven't felt the need to watch any "news" programs since the Internet got going but this flap over Fox has made me actually turn Fox news on over the past week for the first time ever.

I wonder how many other people are also watching Fox for the first time? :D
The way Fox ratings keep going up and up so there must be quite a few.I seldom watch the News On Television but when I do it's Fox.The other news networks are so brazen in their anti Conservative Bias it's sickening.

They don't even pretend anymore.They report what they like and ignore the rest and just 'blurt' away with liberal lie after Liberal lie.They refused to print any stories of the original tea party revolutions for over a week !
“The traditional media are playing a very, very dangerous game — with their readers, with the Constitution and with their own fates.” Michael S. Malone

Two weeks before the 2008 presidential election ABC veteran news reporter Michael S. Malone wrote a landmark column titled “Medias Presidential Bias and Decline”. A top insider and fourth generation newspaperman, Mr. Malone’s first sentence was “The traditional media are playing a very, very dangerous game — with their readers, with the Constitution and with their own fates.”

Rare and ominous words of truth from inside ABC News. Following are excerpts from Malone’s column.

“The sheer bias in the print and television coverage of this election campaign is not just bewildering, but appalling. (Over the years) I watched with disbelief as the nation’s leading newspapers, many of whom I’d written for in the past, slowly let opinion pieces creep into the news section, and from there onto the front page.

And over the last few months I’ve found myself slowly moving from shaking my head at the obvious one-sided reporting, to actually shouting at the screen of my television and my laptop computer.

Personal opinions and comments that, had they appeared in my stories in 1979, would have gotten my butt kicked by the nearest copy editor, were now standard operating procedure at the New York Times, the Washington Post, and soon after in almost every small town paper in the U.S.”

But worst of all, for the last couple weeks, I’ve begun — for the first time in my adult life — to be embarrassed to admit what I do for a living. A few days ago, when asked by a new acquaintance what I did for a living, I replied that I was “a writer,” because I couldn’t bring myself to admit to a stranger that I’m a journalist.

http://www.lookingattheleft.com/2009/10/tea-party-movement-denounces-media-corrupton/

noonwitch
10-19-2009, 01:47 PM
I hate all of them, including CNN and FOX. It has little to do with politics, and a lot to do with sensationalism and the way all the news shows talk to the american people as if we are all stupid. The balloon boy situation is a good example of why I hate the media.

AmPat
10-19-2009, 03:34 PM
I hate all of them, including CNN and FOX. It has little to do with politics, and a lot to do with sensationalism and the way all the news shows talk to the american people as if we are all stupid. The balloon boy situation is a good example of why I hate the media.

Exactly the kind of "news" i refuse to watch. This had stupid written all over it and I'm glad I didn't fall for it. Usually I was the one who thought, Maybe,,,,,? Now watching the parents get prosecuted for fraud, I'm watching.

GrumpyOldLady
10-19-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm surprised CNN was used as the 'real' news outlet.
Those on the left just drooooooooool over MSNBC.
Now that's a real news outlet alright..... :rolleyes:

hampshirebrit
10-19-2009, 05:05 PM

I liked him for that ... he obviously has strong views on the torture issue and was swimming against the tide somewhat at that point.

lacarnut
10-19-2009, 06:27 PM

The only time I watch that wimp is during a hurricane; I am hoping a gust of wind blows his ass away and that will be the last we hear from him.:)

NJCardFan
10-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Shep is actually one of the many liberals on Fox News. Something the other networks don't dream to do. Oh, CNN Headline News had Beck on for a while but then abruptly cut him loose. My guess is that Beck isn't angry at them. But the way Fox presents the news is not biased in any way. These idiots always bring up the opinion shows. They are just that, opinion shows, now news shows. However, these are the same idiots who say John Stewart is the most trusted person in the news business.

lacarnut
10-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Shep is actually one of the many liberals on Fox News. Something the other networks don't dream to do. Oh, CNN Headline News had Beck on for a while but then abruptly cut him loose. My guess is that Beck isn't angry at them. But the way Fox presents the news is not biased in any way. These idiots always bring up the opinion shows. They are just that, opinion shows, now news shows. However, these are the same idiots who say John Stewart is the most trusted person in the news business.

Shep is a liberal; no wonder Goldwater sucks eggs over him.

PoliCon
10-19-2009, 10:30 PM

I know what you mean - and there are programs I watch and there are programs I avoid like the plague. I have always enjoyed Special Report on Fox.

PoliCon
10-19-2009, 10:31 PM

The critics of Fox news can NEVER EVER name the NEWS anchors on Fox. Ever. They point to Commentary which is clearly commentary and claim it to be the news. :rolleyes:

GrumpyOldLady
10-20-2009, 08:49 AM

I used to like him but then he pulled a load of bunk during Katrina.
He was all hot under the collar ... 'all I see is a sea of black faces in need being ignored'.
He didn't bother to understand that those people were there BY CHOICE.
He didn't bother to learn that more white people died in Katrinia then the statistics said should have.
It was more dangerous to your life to be a white person than a black person in Katrina.

noonwitch
10-20-2009, 12:53 PM
The critics of Fox news can NEVER EVER name the NEWS anchors on Fox. Ever. They point to Commentary which is clearly commentary and claim it to be the news. :rolleyes:

Is Brian Kilmeade considered a commentator or an anchor? I haven't figured that out yet. He's on the morning gab-fest. Is he the host? A news anchor? Both? I pick on Brian for a reason. He has a lot of comments for a host or anchor.

PoliCon
10-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Is Brian Kilmeade considered a commentator or an anchor? I haven't figured that out yet. He's on the morning gab-fest. Is he the host? A news anchor? Both? I pick on Brian for a reason. He has a lot of comments for a host or anchor.

Brian is a talking head - the anchors are the lovely ladies they cut away for who deliver the actual NEWS. The Hosts are commentators.