PDA

View Full Version : Palin to appear on Oprah show

GrumpyOldLady
10-21-2009, 08:33 AM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/10/21/1256119836383/Oprah-Winfrey-with-Michel-001.jpg

Guardian UK News (http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2009/oct/21/sarah-palin-oprah-winfrey-chatshow)

Sarah Palin the former Republican vice-presidential candidate and outside bet for a run at the presidency in 2012, is to appear on Oprah Winfrey's television chatshow, Winfrey's production company said yesterday.

Palin is booked for 16 November, the day before publication of her memoir, Going Rogue: An American Life. The book is already ranked second on Amazon's bestseller list, kept from the top spot by a new Stephen King novel.

It will be the former Alaska governor's first appearance on the long-running chatshow, and could prove a tense affair, given Winfrey's very public support for Barack Obama in last year's presidential election.

:eek: NO NO NO. This is not a good idea. WHY is she giving Oprah the time of day? Obviously to push her book sales. This is demeaning and it's just wrong. SHe's diving into a sea of killer sharks and she's trailing blood (from her deciding to quit). Suicide.

Palin isn't known for being smart when it comes to interviews. Katie Couric comes to mind.

noonwitch
10-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I don't think Oprah will treat her the way Katie Couric did. Oprah isn't going to go easy on her, but I don't think she's going to go out of her way to set her up. She will give her a chance to talk about her kids, she always does that with guests-I'm not a Palin fan, but she does shine when she is talking about her kids.

I saw Oprah do a pretty fair interview of GW Bush in 2004. DU was complaining about how she wasn't tough enough on him, so I think she can be fair to Sarah.

stsinner
10-21-2009, 10:27 AM
I hope she stuns Oprah by being just like she was at that podium on that great night when McCain brought her out.. This could be a very good thing seeing as how so many Liberals love and watch Oprah.. Maybe she can endear herself to the female side of the Democrat party and wick come support away... After all, her position isn't radical at all-it's strictly traditional American values..

linda22003
10-21-2009, 10:42 AM
It should definitely be interesting. I'll have to head home early, that day.

GrumpyOldLady
10-21-2009, 12:14 PM
If I were Palin I wouldn't touch Oprahs show.
Oprah treated her like crap.
I wouldn't lend my name to raise Oprahs ratings like that.

(but then again .. I do hold grudges)