PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen : 73 percent say GOP leaders have lost touch with Republican base

megimoo
10-22-2009, 06:24 PM
I know what the first 50 comments below are going to say if I don’t say it here first, so here you go: Only 73 percent?

President Obama told an audience at a Democratic Party fundraiser Wednesday night that Republicans often “do what they’re told,” but GOP voters don’t think their legislators listen enough to them.

Just 15% of Republicans who plan to vote in 2012 state primaries say the party’s representatives in Congress have done a good job of representing Republican values.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 73% think Republicans in Congress have lost touch...

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/10/22/rasmussen-73-percent-say-gop-leaders-have-lost-touch-with-republican-base/

Bubba Dawg
10-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I was listening to a Liberal talk program a week or so ago whose host was saying there would be a major schism in the Republican party between those considering themselves to be conservatives and evangelicals and those who consider themselves to be moderates. I thought it to be wishful thinking on his part.

Numbers like this make me wonder.

PoliCon
10-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I was listening to a Liberal talk program a week or so ago whose host was saying there would be a major schism in the Republican party between those considering themselves to be conservatives and evangelicals and those who consider themselves to be moderates. I thought it to be wishful thinking on his part.

Numbers like this make me wonder.

Don't sweat it. There are not as many 'moderates' as they would have you believe - and they aughta know full well if they go - they will have even less influence cause the left isn't going to listen . . . .

lacarnut
10-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Don't sweat it. There are not as many 'moderates' as they would have you believe - and they aughta know full well if they go - they will have even less influence cause the left isn't going to listen . . . .

Independents, libertarians , moderates or whatever you want to call them make up around 30% with the other 2/3 split between D's & R's. In order for either party to win a National election, they have to get the majority of the independent vote. Those 73% in that poll sure as hell do not like what Obama and the Democrats are peddling. The Repubs can count on the majority of them voting Republican in a national election if they put up a good candidate that want less government, less taxes, no public option, etc. Jobs and the economy will determine the elections in the future. Local races are a different animal as some Independents might replace an incumbent of either party.

PoliCon
10-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Independents, libertarians , moderates or whatever you want to call them make up around 30% with the other 2/3 split between D's & R's. In order for either party to win a National election, they have to get the majority of the independent vote. Those 73% in that poll sure as hell do not like what Obama and the Democrats are peddling. The Repubs can count on the majority of them voting Republican in a national election if they put up a good candidate that want less government, less taxes, no public option, etc. Jobs and the economy will determine the elections in the future. Local races are a different animal as some Independents might replace an incumbent of either party.

dumbass - read what is written - the discussion is about 'moderates' in the GOP. And with 30% of the vote being not dem or GOP that does not make them moderates.

Bubba Dawg
10-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm probably a moderate by most ways of reckoning but I won't be voting for a Democrat in any national or state race.

I think the definition of moderate varies depending on who you are talking to or talking about.

I remember the discussion here in the primaries in the 2008 presidential election. I also remember how the preferred conservative candidates eventually fell by the wayside. That was my first major election where I totally had left the Democratic party as far as my core political beliefs.

I admit to being baffled by the rancor between conservatives and moderates at the time. I mean, I don't mind political people knocking the bark off each other in the course of an election. To me that's normal. But there seems to be a process going on that is both interesting and a little scary.

PoliCon
10-22-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm probably a moderate by most ways of reckoning but I won't be voting for a Democrat in any national or state race.

I think the definition of moderate varies depending on who you are talking to or talking about.

I remember the discussion here in the primaries in the 2008 presidential election. I also remember how the preferred conservative candidates eventually fell by the wayside. That was my first major election where I totally had left the Democratic party as far as my core political beliefs.

I admit to being baffled by the rancor between conservatives and moderates at the time. I mean, I don't mind political people knocking the bark off each other in the course of an election. To me that's normal. But there seems to be a process going on that is both interesting and a little scary.

I like the idea of a three party system. :)

Bubba Dawg
10-22-2009, 09:23 PM
I like the idea of a three party system. :)

Three or more. It will be a hard thing to accomplish though.

lacarnut
10-23-2009, 12:38 AM
dumbass - read what is written - the discussion is about 'moderates' in the GOP. And with 30% of the vote being not dem or GOP that does not make them moderates.

At least I don't write like a dumb ass union teacher. Plus, if you do not like my slight departure from the subject matter, you can go f. yourself.

patriot45
10-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Three or more. It will be a hard thing to accomplish though.

I think the Conservative party would be looking real good right now. But it can't stray! You are either a conservative or a moonbat, no middle ground!

lacarnut
10-23-2009, 01:01 AM
You are either a conservative or a moonbat, no middle ground!

I will vote for that plus this article is just a bunch of bs. If the base was so thrilled with the GOP, they would not have gotten their ass's kicked last November. Nothing enlightening about this poll; that is for sure.

Rockntractor
10-23-2009, 01:03 AM
I will vote for that plus this article is just a bunch of bs. If the base was so thrilled with the GOP, they would not have gotten their ass's kicked last November. Nothing enlightening about this poll; that is for sure.
I don't think the Republican leadership has learned their lesson yet and I don't think they ever will!

patriot45
10-23-2009, 01:19 AM

Well we have talked about more than a two party system in the elections. There is a conservative party.
The moonbats can't last.... I hope. And the repubs are really just Dem lite. If the polls are true and at least 1/2 this country is conservative, then there is a viable third party.

Who would it be though? Huckabee? He would get my vote.

Rockntractor
10-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Well we have talked about more than a two party system in the elections. There is a conservative party.
The moonbats can't last.... I hope. And the repubs are really just Dem lite. If the polls are true and at least 1/2 this country is conservative, then there is a viable third party.

Railroad Rush! I know unrealistic wishful thinking but you might be surprised!

lacarnut
10-23-2009, 02:04 AM

A third party might gain some strength in local/ state or possibly House elections. National elections for Congress take a ton of money. A third party Presidential candidate would be a waste of time. No way that a 3rd party candidate would get enough electoral votes to get elected. If no one got enough, the party in power (D or R) would put their guy in. That's just the facts of life for a third party candidate running in a Presidential election.

PoliCon
10-23-2009, 03:34 PM
At least I don't write like a dumb ass union teacher. Plus, if you do not like my slight departure from the subject matter, you can go f. yourself.

WTF are you on about? Please elucidate as to your objections with regards to my writing style.

lacarnut
10-23-2009, 04:19 PM
WTF are you on about? Please elucidate as to your objections with regards to my writing style.

Writing in complete sentences with a noun & verb rather than choppy phrases would help. Starting a sentence off with the word "And" (post #5) is not how most teachers would write either.

PoliCon
10-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Writing in complete sentences with a noun & verb rather than choppy phrases would help. Starting a sentence off with the word "And" (post #5) is not how most teachers would write either.

My dear fellow, when it is required I am more than willing to apply all rules of language and grammar to my statements. However, since I am not Linda#s and am not uptight about stream of though communications - fuck you and the horse you road in on cause I'm gonna write in as loose a style as I please when I please.

lacarnut
10-23-2009, 04:58 PM
My dear fellow, when it is required I am more than willing to apply all rules of language and grammar to my statements. However, since I am not Linda#s and am not uptight about stream of though communications - fuck you and the horse you road in on cause I'm gonna write in as loose a style as I please when I please.

You do prove a point that many union public school teachers are woefully incompetent. In response to your F. bomb directed my way, you can go fuck yourself and raise your own little bastards.

BadCat
10-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Good to see we have no tensions within our own ranks.

PoliCon
10-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Good to see we have no tensions within our own ranks.

The racists don't like being called on it and get hostile towards anyone who calls them on it. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
10-23-2009, 07:53 PM
The racists don't like being called on it and get hostile towards anyone who calls them on it. :rolleyes:

Dumb ass Yankee union public school teachers should not be posting during school hours. They should be using that time grading papers and making lesson plans. A word of advise Jr.; watch your P's & Q's. You never know when the wrong person may walk by and read one of your F. bomb remarks.

BTW, your writing still sucks.

PoliCon
10-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Dumb ass Yankee union public school teachers should not be posting during school hours. They should be using that time grading papers and making lesson plans. A word of advise Jr.; watch your P's & Q's. You never know when the wrong person may walk by and read one of your F. bomb remarks.

BTW, your writing still sucks.

I see that you get intimidated by stream of thought writing - good to know. I'll be sure to use it more often. :cool: As for my posting during school hours - I don't post on a school computer. Ask the admins. I post from one IP.

lacarnut
10-23-2009, 08:11 PM
I see that you get intimidated by stream of thought writing - good to know. I'll be sure to use it more often. :cool: As for my posting during school hours - I don't post on a school computer. Ask the admins. I post from one IP.

If you want to sound ignorant, be my guest. BTW, when you are on the government's dime, it's makes little difference what computer or electronic means you are posting from.

PoliCon
10-23-2009, 08:31 PM
If you want to sound ignorant, be my guest. BTW, when you are on the government's dime, it's makes little difference what computer or electronic means you are posting from.

As long as I do my job and have tenure - doesn't matter :p

lacarnut
10-23-2009, 09:24 PM
As long as I do my job and have tenure - doesn't matter :p

Possibly true. It is a shame bad teachers that are incompetent can not be axed. I bet you know some.

PoliCon
10-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Possibly true. It is a shame bad teachers that are incompetent can not be axed. I bet you know some.

I do. I also know some very good teachers who take a ton of shit - especially from asshole parents.

Rockntractor
10-23-2009, 09:50 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/0846285001248823113.gif?t=1256348989