PDA

View Full Version : Japan Burger King Offers Windows 7 Whopper.

megimoo
10-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Japan Burger King Offers Windows 7 Whopper. Bring On The Heart Attacks

http://www.inquisitr.com/43988/japan-burger-king-offers-windows-7-whopper-bring-on-the-heart-attacks/

Gingersnap
10-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Japan Burger King Offers Windows 7 Whopper. Bring On The Heart Attacks

http://www.inquisitr.com/43988/japan-burger-king-offers-windows-7-whopper-bring-on-the-heart-attacks/

Let's see if I understand this. This burger is bigger and more difficult to eat than the previous burger but it still tastes exactly the same. It has a lot more of the least important features of the last burger but fewer user-friendly features like veggies. This burger isn't buy-and-eat really but you can customize it if you buy additional condiments which you will need to configure with it in your car on the way home.

This burger is easy to steal or tamper with but for an additional monthly charge they will guarantee that it will be safe if you eat it in the store. An hour after you've eaten it, you may experience a burning sensation or problematic gas discharge but these are simply new features, not glitches. Lastly, once eaten this burger will take up all available space in your body and will require you to form additional fat to store various burger processes for the complete burger experience.

Yep, that's Windows alright.

hampshirebrit
10-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Let's see if I understand this. This burger is bigger and more difficult to eat than the previous burger but it still tastes exactly the same. It has a lot more of the least important features of the last burger but fewer user-friendly features like veggies. This burger isn't buy-and-eat really but you can customize it if you buy additional condiments which you will need to configure with it in your car on the way home.

This burger is easy to steal or tamper with but for an additional monthly charge they will guarantee that it will be safe if you eat it in the store. An hour after you've eaten it, you may experience a burning sensation or problematic gas discharge but these are simply new features, not glitches. Lastly, once eaten this burger will take up all available space in your body and will require you to form additional fat to store various burger processes for the complete burger experience.

Yep, that's Windows alright.

Spoken almost like a true Mac (Apple, not Big) convert there, Ginger. :D

The ad has it right in one sense ... more bloatware.

Gingersnap
10-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Spoken almost like a true Mac (Apple, not Big) convert there, Ginger. :D

The ad has it right in one sense ... more bloatware.

Oh, yeah - my doom is pretty much sealed at this point. But I started hating on Microsoft years ago. :D

megimoo
10-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh, yeah - my doom is pretty much sealed at this point. But I started hating on Microsoft years ago. :D
What's Wrong With Windows XP?
You don't know the pain until you've experience Apple software.Windows is an operating system much open to sabotage due to it's many open ports just waiting to be violated.Some one of the early Keyboard banger's at Microsoft made some critical decisions to leave paths open into the 'core of the operating system and are now suffering the consequences.A much better solution in my opinion would be one of the many variations of Unix and 'C'!
http://www.zath.co.uk/whats-wrong-with-windows-xp/

hampshirebrit
10-23-2009, 03:24 PM

Me too. I have to use it for dev work, since my customer uses it, but it's Mac and Linux for my own stuff. I can only take so many "Please Waits" and "Are You Sures?" and dumbass systray pop-ups in one lifetime.

Gingersnap
10-23-2009, 03:25 PM
What's Wrong With Windows XP?
You don't know the pain until you've experience Apple software.Windows is an operating system much open to sabotage due to it's many open ports just waiting to be violated.Some one of the early Keyboard banger's at Microsoft made some critical decisions to leave paths open into the 'core of the operating system and are now suffering the consequences.A much better solution in my opinion would be one of the many variations of Unix and 'C'!
http://www.zath.co.uk/whats-wrong-with-windows-xp/

I use Unix and Microsoft at work. When I'm not at work, I don't want to use XP, Vista, or any other related product.

megimoo
10-23-2009, 05:19 PM
I use Unix and Microsoft at work. When I'm not at work, I don't want to use XP, Vista, or any other related product.

Then go to a Unix based operation system for your next computer,simple enough.

Pure Unix written in 'C' is an excellent choice for a PC it being portable and reconfigurable by rewriting the drivers makes it an excellent choice. But owning to the nature of all software weenies they had to diddle with it and add new language extentions to the 'C' compilers .

Microsoft is stuck with Windows for the near term until they can 'Jack Up 'the GUI and slide a decent Unix based system into place.A new operating system is always a 'Bag Of Worm' for any large user to implement due to the established overhead of a high number of installed programs and existing data bases.

Every little diddled and tweaked subroutine and executable will likely fall apart if the software were updated to a new version or GOD forbid a completely new OS were installed !All of the run time library's would have to be recompiled,relinked and loaded.

Eventually Microsoft will slide into the background if they don't go to Unix .Kernighan and Ritchie did an excellent job of designing the Unix software and the early thinking by Ritchie that made the compiler decisions that are the core of it today.

Microsoft software is a collection of bleeding wounds held together by a patchwork of short term band aid fixes.They are afraid to make any changes to the basil routines at the core so they add a succession of new layers at the top to overlay any new features.The results are slower executions and error handling problems.

The very nature of the original offering was a patchwork stolen from disassembled assembler code by Gates and friends.

A complete rewrite is in order but the risk is too great.The Software world is full of failed and shitty Compilers and the only new ones being attempted these days are for military hardware and even those aren't fully trusted until they achieve several generational levels of maturity .

The secrets of the F 22's and F 35's extraordinary flight and maneuvering performances are bundled into the the software flight and weapons system compilers where hardware processors are treated in the same way software subroutine are.

Each piece of Flight control,Navigation,Display and Weapons system hardware has its own local processor on a distributed,highly redundant, very high speed fiber optic data and address bus and is tightly coupled to the main distributed system processors .

Gingersnap
10-23-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't want to build a new system - I want to buy a new system.

I'm completely tired of upgrading, debugging, securing, revirginizing, and otherwise fiddling with a computer at home. I'll tile the bathroom, I'll field dress an elk, I'll grow Penicillium from scratch to make my own antibiotics but I'm done being an IT geek on my own time.

PoliCon
10-23-2009, 07:58 PM

the only thing I hate more than Microsoft - is smug Mac users. :p

expat-pattaya
10-23-2009, 08:57 PM

Guilty here :D

http://onten.net/images/blogs/Mac_PC.JPG

Gingersnap
10-23-2009, 10:06 PM

I haven't achieved smug yet. I'm still working on a sort of hipper-than-you'll-ever-be casualness. :D

megimoo
10-24-2009, 06:45 AM
I haven't achieved smug yet. I'm still working on a sort of hipper-than-you'll-ever-be casualness. :DStick with the soup !:D

Gingersnap
10-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Stick with the soup !:D

Yes. Sir.

*returns to kitchen in a huff*

:p